Dressing better

Originally Posted by VARISOXFAN

Socks with Boat shoes? Really?

00410m.jpg

O_RLY-Quite.jpg

socks with boat shoes can be done if done correctly. no shows shouldn't be a problem as long as they do their intended purpose. not everyone is keen to theidea of going sockless with boat shoes. it's all a matter of preference. there's nothing wrong with cargo shorts or pants. depending on the lookyou're going for can make all the difference. nothing is impossible in fashion. *insert cliche Coco Chanel quote here*

to the guy requesting info about boat shoes, in terms of comfort i'd recommend Tommy Bahama boat shoes compared to Sperry or Sebago. The footbed padding ismuch thicker and plush compared to the others but they're also a little more expensive. in the end, they all require little to no break in time so youshouldn't have any problems. i'd stick to colors you can use throughout the seasons.

Is anyone else really feeling the Adidas samba's?I just bought the white/black pair from finishline.Feel like copping them in almost everycolor.They're affordable as well (64.99 retail and usually 40$ when on sale).

Originally Posted by friscostylez

where's a good place I can get some slim-fit khakis or chino for a good place?

I got two pairs of Banana Republic....

Best ones I've had in a VERY long time.

I just bought some very nice slim canvas chinos from Gilt.
It was made by Converse by JV, retails for $165 each, got it for $40 each.
Fit is great!
c_by_j10.jpg

Originally Posted by eiddyfouw

How's that working out for you? I tried on pants from BR before and even their slim fit ones were too loose for me.

RFX-where did you get your J. Crew knitted ties from again? I'm looking for some skinny ties for casual outings, but cannot find them instore.

I got the knit ties from the J. Crew Outlet at Camarillo.
That was a while ago though so I can't be 100% sure if they still have some.

Originally Posted by wj4

How's that working out for you? I tried on pants from BR before and even their slim fit ones were too loose for me.

RFX-where did you get your J. Crew knitted ties from again? I'm looking for some skinny ties for casual outings, but cannot find them instore.
I'm loving the Banana Republics...

I copped two pairs, one with a bootcut, one with a straight leg. Their not as tight as the ones those dudes are wearing above. I'm not down with thatlook, but they're certainly not baggy, they have just enough leg room. They don't sag, they don't hang low, they sit just perfect. Gives a realnice, clean, stylish (or professional) look...

Originally Posted by RFX45

I got the knit ties from the J. Crew Outlet at Camarillo.
That was a while ago though so I can't be 100% sure if they still have some.
How was the selection of colors and prices? I stopped by last weekend and was surprised that they extended the plaza all the way out to the stoplight..now it's freaking huge. I was too tired to walk around, just picked up balling gear and left.
laugh.gif

Selection were ok, about 4-5 different colors and price was $20-$25, can't remember but it was definitely $25 or less.
I was also able to use the 15% education discount since my friend that I was with works at a school.

Originally Posted by wj4

I copped two pairs, one with a bootcut, one with a straight leg. Their not as tight as the ones those dudes are wearing above. I'm not down with that look, but they're certainly not baggy, they have just enough leg room. They don't sag, they don't hang low, they sit just perfect. Gives a real nice, clean, stylish (or professional) look...
I'm gonna try Banana Republic, but yea their stuff ain't really "SLIM"...
any other places?

^^ Check out Gap, a lot of people are finding some semi-slim pants there.
It might be worth a look.
J. Crew also has some slim pants but I still find them roomy for my liking, still isn't too baggy though.
I heard their urban slim chinos are pretty slim but I think it might be available online or selected stores only so worth a shot to check it out.

H&M and ZARA are also obvious choice/suggestions, just purchased a $24 khaki's from them and they fit well, jsut too long.
Just got it back from teh tailor and got it hemmed for $7, not bad.

Originally Posted by Copp 2 Of Em

Originally Posted by wj4

I copped two pairs, one with a bootcut, one with a straight leg. Their not as tight as the ones those dudes are wearing above. I'm not down with that look, but they're certainly not baggy, they have just enough leg room. They don't sag, they don't hang low, they sit just perfect. Gives a real nice, clean, stylish (or professional) look...
I'm gonna try Banana Republic, but yea their stuff ain't really "SLIM"...
any other places?

Hmm I dunno you can try Dockers

http://us.dockers.com/pro...29&parentPage=family

Are you looking for that tight look in the ones posted in those pictures above?

anyone know where i can cop a pair of Dita Beretta sunglasses in black?

or is anyone selling?
smile.gif

^^ Check out Gap, a lot of people are finding some semi-slim pants there.
Yeah. Check them out. I got a slim pair of cords there a couple weeks back. Some of their stuff is a little baggy, but you can find some nicepairs too.

Dockers? Unless you are over 40 or work for IBM...Dockers arent acceptable.

lol I dunno...I don't own any dockers...

But who cares...whose really checkin tags? If it fits right...why not?

Dockers? Unless you are over 40 or work for IBM...Dockers arent acceptable.

I don't see anything wrong with it. I think it's acceptable as long as they fit right.
It's not like their Dickies where with one glance you know their Dickies.
Dockers aren't the same thick khaki pants like before, they make nice soft chinos and wool slacks that you really won't be able to identify from onepair of pants to the other.

Originally Posted by i3allistic

^^ u try j. crew, club monaco, french connection?

I dont wear anything from club monaco or french connection.

I tend to only buy things from Vineyard Vines, Brooks Brothers and J.Crew.

Esquire's guides so take it with a grain of salt.

The New Laws of Wearing White

Much of what you've been told about wearing white - that it's only cool between Memorial and Labor Days, that's it's only for virgins - isn't true at all. Here's what you need to know.

esq-white-blazer-0709-lg-75904496.jpg

1. A White Blazer Is Instant Summer Style

Don't believe us? Pair it with almost anything - dark-blue jeans, a bright checked shirt, flannel pajamas, snow boots - and look in the mirror: You're ready for whatever fancy barbecue or garden party the season throws your way. (Maybe lose the pj's before you hit the party.)

Two-button cotton-and-linen blazer ($2,145) by Roberto Cavalli; cotton shirt ($475) by Luigi Borrelli; cotton jeans ($187) by Rock & Republic; leather shoes ($640) by Fratelli Rossetti.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Like that combination. I could wear that on casual friday at the office then go str8 to happy hour afterward

Although instead of paying those ridiculous prices (Recession FTL) Im goin to Nordstrom or even Lord & Taylor. just as good.

Back
Top Bottom