Dressing better

Originally Posted by ConcordeFliteSchool

Whats good y'all? definitely some dope suggestions in here. Feeling the grown man look myself as I'm about to turn 24 in sept. I got a question about some shoes (casual). I have to dress business casual for work, so that basically means khakis, slacks, shoes, and any collared shirt or sweater. What could y'all recommend me that would be nice? I was kind of feelin the Eastland Brooklyn shoes but I'm looking for some other suggestions?
Casual opens a wide range of shoes. Anything from driving and boat shoes to wing tips to desert boots. Anything none sneakers would work in yourcase.

To those interested, Nordstrom is having their big sale starting Friday the 19th. People go nuts for it because it only happens twice a year. A lot of stuffare marked 33+% off. The last time I went at opening time, 7AM, there was a line of people waiting to get in.

Can anyone recommend some nice casual daily shoes that are comfortable? I have flat feet so a lot of common shoes are out of the question (Chucks, canvassshoes, Pumas).

Originally Posted by l Knicks Fresh Knick l

YOOO esco, nice prom pics.. i went to one of my

lil couz freinds prom... very cute girl..

this is what we wore 2gether...

this was what i wore to the after party..
pimp.gif
jus like everyone else said tho u need some brown shoes...

blue + black =
sick.gif
(not the good kind)

i know its not considered dressing better, but where can i find some V-necks with graphics/ designs on them? im sick of wearing plain white v's-- expressgraphics are douchebagish.. urbanoutfitters aint have anything. thanks

heading out to chicago for vacation. mainly looking for ties and pants.
hopefully i'll find a nice blazer on sale racks. anyone know of some good shops in the area

Originally Posted by TD The God

Anyone know of a designer that makes a nice white suit?
It depends on your budget and your body. I've seen CK, Kenneth Cole, Banana Republic with white suits. Didn't pay ATTN to the pricesthough. If you really want a nice suit and is willing to shell out more than a grand..you can go look at brands like Prada, Burberry, etc.

do people still get suits made?
like not just tailored but made from fabric and stuff the buyer picks out himself

When you said designer, Gucci automatically comes to mind.
That is with price being the barring.

ss09_mrtw_02_001_full.jpg

Originally Posted by wj4

It depends on your budget and your body. I've seen CK, Kenneth Cole, Banana Republic with white suits. Didn't pay ATTN to the prices though. If you really want a nice suit and is willing to shell out more than a grand..you can go look at brands like Prada, Burberry, etc.
KC, B. Republic might be in my price range....it's a white suit, so it will not getmuch wear.....I have an athletic/muscular frame...so I need something very fitted, yet big enough in the shoulders

Originally Posted by omgitswes

do people still get suits made?
like not just tailored but made from fabric and stuff the buyer picks out himself
Yes. However in this country, not too many people do it because of the prices. But in places like say, China and Thailand..getting a suit madewould be cheaper than buying one and getting it altered.

Im looking to get boat shies for the summer, I have to questions...Is it a bad to just wear them with cargo shorts and a tee if it matches?...and is it a bigno no to wear them with socks even no shows with shorts?

Originally Posted by Slick Rick

Im looking to get boat shies for the summer, I have to questions...Is it a bad to just wear them with cargo shorts and a tee if it matches?...and is it a big no no to wear them with socks even no shows with shorts?
No that's not bad at all. Just make sure the cargo shorts aren't baggy because IMO it will contradict the look, will sorta be likewearing short shorts with Nike's or J's.
laugh.gif

A lot of people, especially those with sweaty feet, wear loafer socks with low cut shoes when they want the 'no sock appeal'.

It also doesn't really have to match, just coordinate. I have 2 pairs of shoes that I wear almost daily...one is brown and the other is neutral gray, theywork with a lot of colors.

Also, when wearing your new shoes with no sock, they might need breaking in..meaning you might get a few blisters/nicks on your feet the first couple of times.

TK-try checking the stuff at Banana Republic. They recently had the buy a blazer, get the matching pants for free deal. It's made to fit Americans so itshould fit your frame fine. I would however spend the extra $80 or so to get the width taken in and sleeves adjusted so it shows the sleeves of the buttondown under a bit. IMO no suits fit you nicely off the rack w/o work.

Originally Posted by wj4

TKPookie-try checking the stuff at Banana Republic. They recently had the buy a blazer, get the matching pants for free deal. It's made to fit Americans so it should fit your frame fine. I would however spend the extra $80 or so to get the width taken in and sleeves adjusted so it shows the sleeves of the button down under a bit. IMO no suits fit you nicely off the rack w/o work.
Yea, I caught the pants on their site, problem is; chino's fit very stiff, thematerial doesn't flow freely, you know? I'll check em out tho.....Banana Republics in Canada don't have all the items that the US storeshave

Esquire's guides so take it with a grain of salt.

The New Laws of Wearing White

Much of what you've been told about wearing white - that it's only cool between Memorial and Labor Days, that's it's only for virgins - isn't true at all. Here's what you need to know.

esq-white-blazer-0709-lg-75904496.jpg

1. A White Blazer Is Instant Summer Style

Don't believe us? Pair it with almost anything - dark-blue jeans, a bright checked shirt, flannel pajamas, snow boots - and look in the mirror: You're ready for whatever fancy barbecue or garden party the season throws your way. (Maybe lose the pj's before you hit the party.)

Two-button cotton-and-linen blazer ($2,145) by Roberto Cavalli; cotton shirt ($475) by Luigi Borrelli; cotton jeans ($187) by Rock & Republic; leather shoes ($640) by Fratelli Rossetti.

esq-green-blazer-0709-lg.jpg

2. You Can Wear Certain White Clothing All Year Round

Provided you take into account seasonal variations. For fall, pair your favorite whites with a dark-green blazer and desert boots; for winter, a little white wool goes a long way.

Three-button cotton-and-nylon blazer ($695) by John Varvatos Star USA; cotton shirt ($89) and cotton twill trousers ($98) by Perry Ellis; suede desert boots ($228) by Cole Haan.

esq-white-suit-0709-lg-99621904.jpg

3. White Suits Only Look Funny on Men with Peculiar Facial Hair

The rest of us, we're in the clear. Just remember to add some subtle color with your shirt or tie. A blue-and-white butcher's-stripe shirt is just the thing.

One-button silk-and-cotton suit ($2,200) by Salvatore Ferragamo; cotton shirt ($135) by Ascot Chang; leather shoes ($600) by Cesare Paciotti.

esq-white-jeans-0709-lg-24922155.jpg

4. Off-White Jeans Are More Fun Than Khakis

By which we mean they're a little bolder and a lot less likely to get you lumped in with everyone else. Dress them down with a colored polo shirt, or dress them up with a navy blazer.

Two-button wool blazer ($200) by Tommy Hilfiger; cotton shirt ($245) by Robert Talbott; cotton jeans ($250) by Diesel; leather shoes ($295) by Donald J. Pliner.

Four Easy Wardrobe Upgrades for Warm Weather

You've already got some nice clothes. You're looking for ways to make them stand out. Here's how.

upgrade-blazer-0509-lg.jpg

The basic: A navy-blue blazer.

You need: A lightweight striped sweater to layer underneath it.

And don't forget: To give your collared shirts a rest. The no-collar is what makes it no-boring.

Two-button wool-blend blazer ($175) and cotton trousers ($52) by Dockers; cotton sweater ($244) by John Smedley; suede driving moccasins ($98) by Banana Republic.

upgrade-jacket-0509-lg-56384285.jpg

The basic: A cotton utility jacket.

You need: A pair of spankin' white chinos or jeans to brighten things up for the season.

And don't forget: White sneakers to match. No spillages, please.

Cotton jacket ($118) by J. Crew; cotton shirt ($250) by Burberry; cotton T-shirt ($40) by Nautica; cotton jeans ($70) by Levi's; leather sneakers ($75) by K-Swiss.

upgrade-khaki-suit-0509-lg-4361401.jpg

The basic: A khaki suit.

You need: A patterned or brightly colored shirt to add some personality and play off the neutral base.

And don't forget: To polish your brown loafers.

Two-button cotton-twill blazer ($125) and cotton-twill trousers ($69) by DKNY; cotton shirt ($165) by Robert Talbott; leather shoes ($150) by Rockport.

upgrade-bomber-0509-lg-90875443.jpg

The basic: A brown driving or bomber jacket.

You need: Lightweight light-gray pants to contrast with the darker, heavier top.

And don't forget: Light-brown chukka boots that complement the jacket.

Waxed cotton jacket ($495) by Billy Reid; cotton shirt ($79) by Guess; cotton trousers ($65) by J. Crew; suede chukka boots ($89) by Clark's.

Originally Posted by rocathajordans23

Originally Posted by Grizzlyboy

Originally Posted by Food4Thgt

Originally Posted by DOWNTOWN43

Originally Posted by DAYTONA 5000

Originally Posted by RFX45

trav66.png
img_3171.png
travvvv.png

Trying to hard with this look but again, good concept just not the right execution.
gg6.jpg
They all look like the multitude of gay flocks of men that I see roaming around lennox and downtown.
laugh.gif
word.. i understand trying to look fresh and all, but you can't be taking it TOO far... at some point you risk sending the wrong message

for the record, this is a great helpful thread... i just can't cosign everything that has been posted in here
laugh.gif

roll.gif
i was thinking that...yall ninjas is trippin wit all this tight pants = dressing better ...straight ++$%...imo
Reading is fundamental...But to understand is golden.

I don't think anyone in this thread is looking to dress just like anyone here. I think we all have a want to take pieces from each other and place them into our own style. When the title says "dressing better" its to teach and discuss how to incorporate nicer items, colors, patterns etc into ones style. The title doesn't say "How to dress" or "Dress like ME!" I hope at some point you understand that everything is not for everyone and that having a range of styles in your wardrobe make you a more versatile man. People are transitioning into adulthood and professional atmospheres...at some point you have to dress like an adult.
Just food 4 thought.

*steps off of his soapbox.

These fits are fresh
pimp.gif
where can I find the shoes in the first two/three pictures?

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
where those khakis from?

Originally Posted by StephonUrkel

Originally Posted by l Knicks Fresh Knick l

YOOO esco, nice prom pics.. i went to one of my

lil couz freinds prom... very cute girl..

this is what we wore 2gether...

this was what i wore to the after party..
pimp.gif
jus like everyone else said tho u need some brown shoes...

blue + black =
sick.gif
(not the good kind)

thanks for the compliment, alot of you guys dont like my shoes
laugh.gif
, butits cool, The shoes are hella comfy, and i think you can get away
with Dark blue and black, almost the same color. alot of females was liking it that day... they were like you look
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by notoriusWES

Originally Posted by rocathajordans23

Originally Posted by Grizzlyboy

Originally Posted by Food4Thgt

Originally Posted by DOWNTOWN43

Originally Posted by DAYTONA 5000

Originally Posted by RFX45

trav66.png
img_3171.png
travvvv.png

Trying to hard with this look but again, good concept just not the right execution.
gg6.jpg
All these fits are
pimp.gif
I wish i couldwear flat shoes, But that joint will have my back feeling like
sick.gif

Originally Posted by wj4

Originally Posted by Slick Rick

Im looking to get boat shies for the summer, I have to questions...Is it a bad to just wear them with cargo shorts and a tee if it matches?...and is it a big no no to wear them with socks even no shows with shorts?
No that's not bad at all. Just make sure the cargo shorts aren't baggy because IMO it will contradict the look, will sorta be like wearing short shorts with Nike's or J's.
laugh.gif

A lot of people, especially those with sweaty feet, wear loafer socks with low cut shoes when they want the 'no sock appeal'.

It also doesn't really have to match, just coordinate. I have 2 pairs of shoes that I wear almost daily...one is brown and the other is neutral gray, they work with a lot of colors.

Also, when wearing your new shoes with no sock, they might need breaking in..meaning you might get a few blisters/nicks on your feet the first couple of times.

TK-try checking the stuff at Banana Republic. They recently had the buy a blazer, get the matching pants for free deal. It's made to fit Americans so it should fit your frame fine. I would however spend the extra $80 or so to get the width taken in and sleeves adjusted so it shows the sleeves of the button down under a bit. IMO no suits fit you nicely off the rack w/o work.
Seriously, there is so much wrong with this...

if you are over 12, why are you wearing cargo shorts...are you wearing them to keep your cool camera in so you can take some cool pictures in your outfit andpost them on your blog?

Socks with Boat shoes? Really? Why would you even think of doing that...no wait, why in the hell would you wear boat shoes with socks and cargo shorts?

You have smelly feet? To damn bad, who cares what other people think, get your boat shoes, rip the inner lining out and wear them until:

A. Your feet bleed
B. They fall apart

if you are complaining about your feet hurting from breaking in a shoe...you should go ahead and limit your footwear selections to slippers...or just grow apair and man up.

Back
Top Bottom