Dressing better

Stopped by the outlets today and checked out Banana Republic and J. Crew. Both stores seem to have great sales. 50% off all shirts, a lot of 30-40% off otherstuff too. I picked up some ties and a pair of pants. With the college student discount, everything came out to be $159 taxed.
aww4uw.jpg

166zxjr.jpg

Originally Posted by VARISOXFAN

Dockers? Unless you are over 40 or work for IBM...Dockers arent acceptable.
laugh.gif
This dude and his holier than thou attitude.

Originally Posted by VARISOXFAN

Dockers? Unless you are over 40 or work for IBM...Dockers arent acceptable.

I bought some khakis from them for $20. Not bad to me, they fit well. TEHO. Not all of us can afford purchasing $100 khakis.

not exactly dressing better but ive always wanted this shirt and could never find it for some reason. until today...

7315_330.jpg

just felt like telling someone

I tried rocking those SF Docker Chino's. Wasn't happenin. Them joints were slim fit foreal. I actually liked the cut and the $$ was perfect for mybudget.

I don't have anything against the name brand of Dockers, but their pants are horrible to me. They always fit so bad on me. I don't think that I couldever wear dockers just because of their unusual fits.

Originally Posted by nealraj006

I don't have anything against the name brand of Dockers, but their pants are horrible to me. They always fit so bad on me. I don't think that I could ever wear dockers just because of their unusual fits.
I don't have any, but they changed in the recent years. Just like 'boring' brands such as Van Heusen, Dockers have a variety of fitsnow. I used to wear them all the time when I worked in retail though. Hold up well in the warehouse too.

Putting one of the ties to work already. Going out for an early dinner with mom and her friends.
vnkw1d.jpg

Unlike most, it seems in this thread, I cannot fit into slim fit type chino or jeans. I'm no way over weight just my thighs are huge. I can wear a 34 waistbut my problem is the thigh area.

Originally Posted by vrp32tl

Unlike most, it seems in this thread, I cannot fit into slim fit type chino or jeans. I'm no way over weight just my thighs are huge. I can wear a 34 waist but my problem is the thigh area.
Slim straight fit or straight fit may be the way to go for you.

Originally Posted by wj4

Originally Posted by vrp32tl

Unlike most, it seems in this thread, I cannot fit into slim fit type chino or jeans. I'm no way over weight just my thighs are huge. I can wear a 34 waist but my problem is the thigh area.
Slim straight fit or straight fit may be the way to go for you.

Any recommendations for brands?? Nothing to expensive.

I apologize if this has been answered already, couldnt find anything on it. I noticed a few people mentioned a student discount at J. Crew, is this alwaysavailable to use? Do you simply show a University ID?

Originally Posted by air in822

I apologize if this has been answered already, couldnt find anything on it. I noticed a few people mentioned a student discount at J. Crew, is this always available to use? Do you simply show a University ID?
It's available to use on stuff that's not from the clearance section. And yes just show them your school ID. 15% off BTW.

vrp32tl - the only thing I can suggest is Banana Republic modern fit. Go to the on sale rack, should be several in the $30-50 range. Banana Republic hasslim/modern cuts for Americans..which are larger than Europeans/Asians. Even their slim fit pants are too baggy on me so I think it may work out for you.

Perhaps a classic fit from J. Crew might work for you too. Try this one if the pants at BR are too loose for your liking.

Originally Posted by nealraj006

I don't have anything against the name brand of Dockers, but their pants are horrible to me. They always fit so bad on me. I don't think that I could ever wear dockers just because of their unusual fits.
I've bought dockers for $10 on 3 different occasions at Sears, including a black wool bend pinstriped pair of dress pants
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by RFX45

Originally Posted by Jordan Novice

This thread has put me on desert boots. I'm looking to buy a pair but just wondering what brand sells desert boots?
What i mean by that is with Sperrys, they sell "boat shoes" topsiders.
What is "the brand" for desert boots? Is it clarks? Where can i go and try on a pair, nordstrom? And what is the best color for casual wear? Brown?
Thanks

When someone talks about desert boots, Clarks is the first thing that comes to mind. Most mall's has a Clark store so check out your local mall.
Some Nordstrom and The Walking Company carries Clarks.

Originally Posted by instant klassic

Originally Posted by gabers

I got a quick question with some money riding on this? My brother & I are going to a wedding this summer
and we got the invitation in the mail today. It says dress is "formal attire". I say that means
suit and tie, my brother says tuxedo. But I thought tuxedo was when it says "black tie formal attire".

Who's right?
Suit or tux is fine. You want to be well dressed but not showing up the groom.

Make it a dark suit though, navy or really dark grey. I would even go further and suggest black. I have a black suit for just occasions, ironically I also have a tux in my closet.
laugh.gif

Here are some of the pics of the suit I plan on wearing, I haven't decided on a shirt/tie combo yet. Anybody got any suggestions?
33a15deb95420e354882b199d2e119affc90765.jpg

24b35d2aece0976548580b0633d7c63b906b069.jpg

f1115cea9844073c81a30e9270b01750919350e.jpg

Ignore the white socks
roll.gif

The tie looks extremely awkward. Not just because of the weird pattern, but it's too long. The tie should end at your waist line, where your pants start.Also with your coat, you don't button the last button..unless it's a one button coat then you have no choice. I would also make the knot on the tiebigger to fill in the space between the collars.

PS I don't know if you care or not, but that shirt is too wide for you. Raise your arms up and I'm sure you would see a lot of extra space. If youdon't care about it, that's fine, lots of people don't as well. If you care about the small details, take it to a tailor and get the width takenin. Shouldn't run more than $20.

The tie is definitely too long, it shouldn't go past your belt or waistline.
Jacket also looks a bit too big, if I had to guess, it is a size too big judgin from the shoulders.
I wouldn't have gotten a 3-button suit, it's just a personale preference but I like 2 button suits better.
When you wear it, just make sure you never button the bottom button.
Pants is too long as well, it could use some hemming and tapering.

I would suggest a white shirt and a black solid tie to give it that tux look with some nice, non-squared toed dress shoe.

Originally Posted by Purple Face

Clean your living room.

roll.gif
Bachelor life brah, I clean on Sundays after the weekends are over. Myliving room is pretty messy though,
oh well
ohwell.gif

Back
Top Bottom