Originally Posted by Grizzlyboy

Originally Posted by Food4Thgt

Originally Posted by DOWNTOWN43

Originally Posted by DAYTONA 5000

Originally Posted by RFX45

trav66.png
img_3171.png
travvvv.png

Trying to hard with this look but again, good concept just not the right execution.
gg6.jpg
They all look like the multitude of gay flocks of men that I see roaming around lennox and downtown.
laugh.gif
word.. i understand trying to look fresh and all, but you can't be taking it TOO far... at some point you risk sending the wrong message

for the record, this is a great helpful thread... i just can't cosign everything that has been posted in here
laugh.gif

roll.gif
i was thinking that...yall ninjas is trippin wit all this tight pants = dressing better ...straight ++$%...imo
Reading is fundamental...But to understand is golden.

I don't think anyone in this thread is looking to dress just like anyone here. I think we all have a want to take pieces from each other and place them into our own style. When the title says "dressing better" its to teach and discuss how to incorporate nicer items, colors, patterns etc into ones style. The title doesn't say "How to dress" or "Dress like ME!" I hope at some point you understand that everything is not for everyone and that having a range of styles in your wardrobe make you a more versatile man. People are transitioning into adulthood and professional atmospheres...at some point you have to dress like an adult.
Just food 4 thought.

*steps off of his soapbox.

These fits are fresh
pimp.gif
where can I find the shoes in the first two/three pictures?
Where did you get that tie in the 1st pic bro? By the way I like your style (nh).

do you guys think its overkill or inappropriate to wear a french cuff white shirt with a more casual sport coat, either seersucker or linen?

Originally Posted by manamazing55

do you guys think its overkill or inappropriate to wear a french cuff white shirt with a more casual sport coat, either seersucker or linen?
personally, french cuffs should only be worn with a tux. stick with the buttons

Blahh I can't wait til I get a job (fingers crossed for this fall). I'm heading STRAIGHT to the Ralph Lauren and Brooks Brothers outlets for suits...

Originally Posted by JDB1523

Blahh I can't wait til I get a job (fingers crossed for this fall). I'm heading STRAIGHT to the Ralph Lauren and Brooks Brothers outlets for suits...

not sure of the regular retail price, but I saw a charcoal gray pinstripe RL suit at Marshalls last week for $250

Originally Posted by akaseandaley

Wow really?In Europe it's pretty normal, I guess it's just here where french cuffs are looked at as more formal. I hardly buy non french cuff shirtsunless I REALLY like the shirt.

Originally Posted by akaseandaley

French cuffs can definitely be used in a business environment. I love wearing french cuffed shirts with cuff links.
It is definitely business oriented, along with a silver cuff links that matches a silver tie clip and a silver montblanc pen.
As for casually, if your casual clothes involve slacks with a sportshirts with a french cuffs, then by all means wear it.
It is definitely best worn with a suit but not exclusive or limited to tuxes at all.

Originally Posted by rocathajordans2

Where can I find the desert boots in the red like that?

On his blog (streetetiquette.com) he says he found them on ebay. They are older, I don't believe they make them in red anymore.

I'm not a fan of skinny jeans at all for myself probably because I like to see women in them. If guys want to wear them that's on them, I'm not oneto bash the guys that wear them. If you have to sag your tight pants to feel comfortable then skinny's might not be for you.

yea skinny jeans arent my thing either. i like fitting jeans or a little loose. but i dont do the baggy no more. i used to plies it back in high school.needless to say my styles changed a lot.

Alright guys I need help finding a nice pair of black shoes for a wedding coming up soon. I have not stepped my dressy shoe game up at all and I need some helpfrom those of you who wear black dressy shoes to work or have alot of friends that get married or whatever.

I need advice in regards to what style looks good cuz right now all I have are some Alfani square front shoes that I just looked at and it doesn't looklike a good look anymore. My budget is $100 which I know isn't alot but it's what i'm willing to roll with. I was thinking of some Rockports orbostonians so can anyone vouch for these brands in terms of comfort and quality. Also is the glossy finish on shoes still in?

Much appreciated.

^ go look at Zara, you'll be able to find something you like for that price. It might not be the greatest quality but they'll serve there purpose. Theyusually have more up to date styles than Aldo at basically the same quality.

I think ties work with jeans only if the jeans are dark, like raw or rinsed, and if the shirt is tucked in. Light colored jeans and ties just look funnythough.

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Originally Posted by sloanboy

Originally Posted by Vancity74

I'll never understand why people wear ties with jeans.
i feel the same
smh.gif
i thought this was the dressing better thread

maybe this might broaden your view a little

00110m.jpg

just depends on how you wear it to your likings/standards. you can make this look with items you have in your closet (if you own similar ones of course).i'm not a fan of trouser cut denim, but i think it looks best with a tie. Emporio Armani makes some really nice trouser cut denim slacks. i've evenseen levis Capital E make trouser cut.

Originally Posted by GrimlocK

Alright guys I need help finding a nice pair of black shoes for a wedding coming up soon.

if there's a nordstrom rack near you, i'd highly suggest hitting that up. otherwise, you'd might want to look at brands like DKNY, CK, kennethcole, rockport, florsheim etc (no stacy adams please). depending on what your suit looks like and the size of your foot (IE cap toe gives the illusion of yourfoot being smaller), try bringing the slacks with you so you can see how the shoe will look with the pant. they may look good on at the store but it can be adifferent story with the entire outfit.

Originally Posted by GrimlocK

Alright guys I need help finding a nice pair of black shoes for a wedding coming up soon. I have not stepped my dressy shoe game up at all and I need some help from those of you who wear black dressy shoes to work or have alot of friends that get married or whatever.

I need advice in regards to what style looks good cuz right now all I have are some Alfani square front shoes that I just looked at and it doesn't look like a good look anymore. My budget is $100 which I know isn't alot but it's what i'm willing to roll with. I was thinking of some Rockports or bostonians so can anyone vouch for these brands in terms of comfort and quality. Also is the glossy finish on shoes still in?

Much appreciated.

This Stacy Adams is $80. A decent patent leather shoe that could last a few wearings or be taken out in one of those rare occassions.
Usually I won't suggest it but really, this one just fits the bill.
http://www.theshoemart.com/stacy-adams-mens-concorde-black/p-mxsdl-11003-01_sta_m_concorde.html

This Bostonians are $80 as well and I think this might be what they give with tux rentals:
http://www.theshoemart.com/bostonian-mens-canton-black/p-mxsdl-20350_bos_m_canton.html

Originally Posted by sloanboy

Originally Posted by Vancity74

I'll never understand why people wear ties with jeans.
i feel the same
smh.gif
i thought this was the dressing better thread
You guys just haven't seen anyone pull it off well enough.
We're not talkin 3in wide ties with Levi 501's.
Knit or skinny ties can go well with nice designer or dark jeans.

^Literally, just go through the thread man. There's pics on every page and info on where to buy...since the Cavs lost and the Official Non-Hip-Hop threaddied, this is probably my favorite thread on NT.

Back
Top Bottom