Dressing better

Originally Posted by DAYTONA 5000

Originally Posted by RFX45

trav66.png
img_3171.png
travvvv.png

Trying to hard with this look but again, good concept just not the right execution.
gg6.jpg
They all look like the multitude of gay flocks of men that I see roaming around lennox and downtown.
laugh.gif
word.. i understand trying to look fresh and all, but youcan't be taking it TOO far... at some point you risk sending the wrong message

for the record, this is a great helpful thread... i just can't cosign everything that has been posted in here
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by artysm

Originally Posted by CJ003

cool thanks for the help guys....one more question: do you think a navy gingham shirt is formal enough for my graduation?

if it's a HS grad, no problemo. keep it casual, rock it with some jeans and some canvas sneaks, good to go. at least tuck in the shirt since it's a celebration. if it's college, personally i wore a suit & tie b/c hell, it's a bigger accomplishment in my book.

I guess that is another difference in our views, I would suggest at leasta sportshirt with chino or even slacks and dress shoes in the occassion, maybe even atie.
I am not saying you are wrong but I just feel that getting a bit more dressy is appropriate.
It is an event that happens less than a handful of times and you can definitely wear casual clothes anytime, it is a special day, I say dress up for it.
You know, look good in pics so that later on you look like you are celebrating something special instead of looking like you do every day.
Even most of your guest might dress up attending your graduation and they usually take you out afterwards, so it would suck to be under dressed.

Again, that is just how I see it. I can wear my jeans and shirt with sneaker on the weekend when chilling with friends or going to see a movie, but on specialoccassions, I suggest dressing up for it.

^^^thanks for the advice man. dont get me wrong i plan on dressing up, I do consider it a big day just not the biggest yet. i just wasn't going to go witha suite. i guess im just looking for some advice on the shirt. I got my brown shoes already, and wanted to do brown slacks (don't no if dark or brown yet,but my shoes are a medium brown). i no traditionally people go w/ black pants/shoes, but i wanted to do something a little different/its going to be hot/anducla's schools colors will match a little better with brown imo.

So long story short im just looking for some advice on what to wear on my upper half, that will coordinate with some medium brown dress shoes and brown slacks.I no white works with anything, but I fig I would get some input on something other than white. btw my schools colors are blue(either royal or baby) and gold

it seems that gingham may be a little too informal for the event.

Originally Posted by picknroll24

I remember Macy's carried Levis 501's in a similar raw khaki color, but when I looked for them again they were gone
has anyone seen them or anything similar?

I have been looking myself sir. Gap has a similar style, but my area's stores only have big sizes left. Polo makes a heavy khaki with backpockets and rivets and everything similar to a jean, so I may get those (they are on macys.com on sale for I think $36.66). However a 501 may be more what Iam looking for
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by omgitswes

what do yall think of Alden shoes, are they worth the price tag?
and how do they fit
Aldens are worth the price tag, they are worth every penny, the leather is very soft and the shoe is very flexible when you walk, most comfortableshoe that I have ever owned and I will never buy anything else as far as dress shoes go. I wear a 10.5 but I usually go with a 11 in Aldens. They also wearpretty well and last forever.

and how do they fit

Alden makes great shoes. I have been clamoring for a pair for a while now, especially the Indy boots.
I have been on the waiting list for 3 months now, most of their shoes are on back order because of how popular it is.
Definitely worth it.

Originally Posted by ASchwartz44

Originally Posted by picknroll24

I remember Macy's carried Levis 501's in a similar raw khaki color, but when I looked for them again they were gone
has anyone seen them or anything similar?

I have been looking myself sir. Gap has a similar style, but my area's stores only have big sizes left. Polo makes a heavy khaki with back pockets and rivets and everything similar to a jean, so I may get those (they are on macys.com on sale for I think $36.66). However a 501 may be more what I am looking for
nerd.gif

They also have that version in 514, however it sold quick. I was pissed that I missed it, they also had corduroy jeans in 514 and missed out on that as well.
Try the Levis store though, they have some nice ones and styles you can't find at Macys.

and how do they fit
Some of their styles are a little boring, but i don't think there are many brand where you get more value. There aren't many brands thathave better quality at that retail price point, and you can often find them below retail. If you're looking for your first 'real' pair of dressshoes, definitely look at them.

Originally Posted by raburns04

and how do they fit
Some of their styles are a little boring, but i don't think there are many brand where you get more value. There aren't many brands that have better quality at that retail price point, and you can often find them below retail. If you're looking for your first 'real' pair of dress shoes, definitely look at them.

I actually find it difficult to find Alden below retail, when it is below retail, it usually isn't my size.
These things sell real well even at $500-$650 a pair. Their great models sell out and always on back order.

Originally Posted by jigsta05

what are some good black dress shoes to buy for less than $50?

Less than $50... Rockport on a very, very, very deep discount?
I am not flaming or making fun so don't get me wrong but you need to put a higher budget on a dress shoe.
At least $100-$150 because you do get for what you pay for.

A good dress shoes could last you a decade or more if taken care properly.

CAN ANYONE HELP ME OUT....what kind of tie would best go with a gingham shirt? (stripes/dots/pattern/plane/etc.)

o and fyi they got gingham shirts regular price 45 on sale for 20 bucks on jcpenny.com
Try a paisley printed tie. Gingham shirts try Club Monaco. Remember when buying JCPenny shirts, you get what you pay for.
PG_084010907_TH.jpg

aaadk7.jpg

Quoting from Kenny...

Kenny Smith, an NBA analyst for TNT, recalls advice given to him from his father, "He said you always play the way you look going to the game. That's the first thing he told me when I was 11 years old. He said if you look like a bum, you're going to play like a bum. And psychologically that always used to mess with me, so I always used to get dressed up. Even in high school I used to get dressed up to go to the game because of that. So for me that's where it started."
This principle can be carried off the court. You dress nice, you feel nice. It's a simple concept. I understand there are times where youjust wanna throw on a t shirt and basketball shorts to go run to the market, that's cool. However, you want to make yourself look presentable, in general.

Originally Posted by donjuan513

CAN ANYONE HELP ME OUT....what kind of tie would best go with a gingham shirt? (stripes/dots/pattern/plane/etc.)

o and fyi they got gingham shirts regular price 45 on sale for 20 bucks on jcpenny.com
Try a paisley printed tie. Gingham shirts try Club Monaco. Remember when buying JCPenny shirts, you get what you pay for.
PG_084010907_TH.jpg

aaadk7.jpg
Where can I find those Nike kicks? Those are fresh.

J. Crew (in store) has several style of shorts on sale for $20-25, originally $50-70. Bought a pair today.

anyone know where i can find a light button-up that i can wear during the summer. something like this
28luqg1.jpg
but little and higher quality? not too expensive though..i saw some at stussy that i liked around 50, but not in my size.

^^^^ try Urban Outfitters. Was there the other day and they had a nice selection in many sizes

Back
Top Bottom