Dressing better

Originally Posted by Yan Can Cook

217338_IMG_7739.jpg

can't wait until this Thom Browne influence dies. just can't dig the short cut anything, looking like grown children in sunday best wear.

Originally Posted by ninjahood

white af1's are "trendy". they were real popular until these past years.People started to grow out of them. I don't remember the last time I've seen someone wearing white af1's (I'm from west coast btw)
yeah exactly....

air forces will always be popular in NYC

all white uptowns and uptowns in general will always be an nyc thing. im from manhattan and u see that all year long, mostly summer.

im one of the few that are not into uptowns, dunks jordans and air max ftw!!

Here's a pretty decent blog I found, http://streetetiquette.com .
A good blog to browse through, it is interesting to say the least.

Desert Boots pulled off decently well, just needs less sagging but the concept isn't bad.
trav66.png
img_3171.png
travvvv.png

Trying to hard with this look but again, good concept just not the right execution.
gg6.jpg

Originally Posted by i3allistic

^^
laugh.gif
thats how i rock my desert boots, minus the tie of course
pimp.gif

btw the sagging aint bad
tongue.gif

For the most part, it isn't but the sagging on the white jeans looks horrible.
His pockets looks like it practically halfway past the middle and headed to the back of his knees.
The other two are fine but I would still pull it up a bit.

I can see myself dressing like this, sometime in the future, part of the reason being that my future career requires the proper attire, and the other reasonbeing that I do sincerely think most of the stuff in this thread is nice. Some of these fits are
alien.gif
sick.gif
though, and nothing will change my opinion on that. Trend or not, I'll stick to what I think is nice, and what sticks to the occasion.

Originally Posted by BJJ Prodigy

laugh.gif
at boat shoes being trendy.
smh.gif

they have become trendy, obviously they have been around forever but only now are a lot of people wearing them who wouldnt have worn them 3 years ago(99% ofthe people who have them on NT)

Originally Posted by RFX45

Trying to hard with this look but again, good concept just not the right execution.
gg6.jpg

i don't see how this is trying too hard. it's just pure swagger. besides, the pic you're quoting is from a blog called "streetetiquette."

there's a lot of ups and downs to this thread. not sure how many people on NT are in the industry but when i travel to shows like LA Market, WSA, FFANY,Project/Magic/Pool, etc to make buys, a lot of the male buyers don't even dress remotely close to the info that has been dropped in this thread. which isironic b/c buyers are the key players in telling you "what's hot" for the upcoming season. like i said in one of my previous posts, this threadis more like a gigantic guide on how to dress like a prep. even the RL account execs/sales reps i've dealt with can't even dress themselves, and theirdiscount is 60%.

i don't usually refer to GQ as a style guide simply b/c it goes along with trends influenced by advertising, but the best quote in the Preppy article ifound was this: "If you want to embrace the preppy look, keep one thing in mind: Scale it back." like the pic above, a little bit of street, a littlebit of prep. same thing with my fav look from spring 09 from Dsquared

00190m.jpg

in the end fashion is all subjective. this thread is a good read and it's good to interact with people who are into fashion on this board. i just hope idont walk down melrose one day and see all the graphic tees swapped for button down oxfords and SB's swapped for loafers. as long as brands like ed hardyand tapout are still poppin' amongst the masses, fine by me. and to whoever said boat shoes weren't trendy, they're trendy. if it's at UrbanOutfitters, it's trendy. classic shoe sure, but they're definitely trendy.

DaBuddhaWitJays wrote:
Trend or not, I'll stick to what I think is nice, and what sticks to the occasion.

couldn't have said it better myself

Anyone know where to find a dark purple gingham long sleeve shirt? I can find all the regular colors, but can't find a deep purple -- I need it!!

i need a gingham long sleeve shirt like the one carmelo is wearing in that picture.. anyone know where i can get one?

Originally Posted by thekryptonite

i need a gingham long sleeve shirt like the one carmelo is wearing in that picture.. anyone know where i can get one?

I've seen that exact shirt during the fall from J. Crew, so check back in the fall for it. Both shirts below are mini gingham. The second one might be moredark gray than black though FYI ...

J. Crew: http://www.jcrew.com/AST/Browse/Men...s/washedfavoriteshirts/PRDOVR~99225/99225.jsp
Gap: http://www.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=42838&vid=1&pid=648898

If I recall correctly (too lazy to go back and look at the pic), Carmelo's shirt was military style and had the flaps on the shoulders. J. Crew buttondowns do not have the flaps. Not sure if it's a biggie to the dude who wants it or not.

Originally Posted by wj4

If I recall correctly (too lazy to go back and look at the pic), Carmelo's shirt was military style and had the flaps on the shoulders. J. Crew button downs do not have the flaps. Not sure if it's a biggie to the dude who wants it or not.

You're absolutely right! I didn't even notice. There are buttoned pockets on the front too ...

can anyone recommend me some nice oxfords or other dress shoes that can be worn with a dark gray (think charcoal) suit as well as with more casual outfits?

Here's a pretty decent blog I foundhttp://

You've finally done it.
You've been plugging these desert boots forever and now you've got me interested.
If you hear of any deals on them, please post it. Appreciated.

Here's a pretty decent blog I found, http://streetetiquette.com .
A good blog to browse through, it is interesting to say the least.

Desert Boots pulled off decently well, just needs less sagging but the concept isn't bad.
trav66.png
img_3171.png
travvvv.png

gg6.jpg

Wow , kind of surprised to see my site on Nike Talk in general , long time member here always will respect its the first sneaker forum I came onto in 2003 orso. I appreciate all the props and criticism about our dressing for those who like it please keep checking it out man were trying to really push this outfellas. Obviously we haven't always dressed like this born and raised in the BX, but sometimes you just change as time goes on. Not for everybody of coursebut if you feel its for you why not embark on it you know. As far as my love for kicks though always will be a part of me , I wrote a interesting post on myrelationship with the sneakergame or kicks in general titled "Losing my 'Sole'" , guys should check it out and respond bring up someinteresting points agreeing/disagreeing doesnt matter. http://streetetiquette.co...09/05/06/losing-my-sole/ lol i talk too much btw

^ thats the worst about the new quality of "Clark Originals" if you like to keep them clean thats going to be close to impossible. Rain drops on themare permanent its funny lol, the old vintage ones that Trav have in that picture seems to be made from a whole differnet material where that doesnt evenhappen... crazy.
On the other hand if you like to keep them dirty and worn theyre perfect lol. Orlando - those are not sperrys or brooks brother boat shoes pictured those areactually 3sixteen X Qouddy Boat chukka shoes , they did a collab with them should check 3sixteen out theyre really making some good strides. The coat is also3sixteen ive worn it in a month or so ago testing it out, real good quality and fit is really up there man. just hit up www.3sixteen.com they dropped theirFall/Winter 2009 video a month or so ago, headed by some cool people also.

lol, I saw this 'fit on SF a few weeks ago
img_3171.png

Definitely inspired me to pull the white pants out of the closet for some reimplementing into the wardrobe.

^^^^thats where i saw that. i knew i saw it somewhere before. the fits on styleforum are very impressive.

Back
Top Bottom