Dressing better

To the guys that wear selvedge denim, is it me or they don't stretch like regular jeans? I wear two pairs of jeans, made by the same company and same cut,on the regular basis. I know regular jeans stretch out a bit after wearing, and the non selvedge one is about 1 inch wider than the selvedge pair whencomparing side to side.

so what are you opinions of pant color if you wear a seersucker or light blue blazer? Ive gone from tan, to light grey, to navy blue.

What is your opinion?

Originally Posted by manamazing55

so what are you opinions of pant color if you wear a seersucker or light blue blazer? Ive gone from tan, to light grey, to navy blue.

What is your opinion?
white
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by DAYTONA 5000

The hardest thing for me is trying to find a pair of shoes I can wear with almost anything in my closet.

white canvas shoes or just basic colored/styled canvas shoes. they don't have to be chucks either. my favs are tretorn nylite or T56, sperry CVO's,spring courts, SeaVees or supergas.

if white ISNT an option?

khaki or grey. more neutral and easier to pair with shoes/shirts. white is pretty bold and unless you're yachting or a frequent miami visitor, iwouldn't try it personally.

Originally Posted by RFX45

Originally Posted by raburns04

Originally Posted by omgitswes

what do yall think of Alden shoes, are they worth the price tag?
and how do they fit
Some of their styles are a little boring, but i don't think there are many brand where you get more value. There aren't many brands that have better quality at that retail price point, and you can often find them below retail. If you're looking for your first 'real' pair of dress shoes, definitely look at them.

I actually find it difficult to find Alden below retail, when it is below retail, it usually isn't my size.
These things sell real well even at $500-$650 a pair. Their great models sell out and always on back order.
It really does depend on the size and model. You'll never find shell cordovan below retail, and it's probably hard to find a true stealon an Indy boot, but discontinued styles and seconds can bring some really good deals on the more conservative side.

The hardest thing for me is trying to find a pair of shoes I can wear with almost anything in my closet.
I like the Adidas Stan Smith...

Originally Posted by jigsta05

what are some good black dress shoes to buy for less than $50?

Less than $50... Rockport on a very, very, very deep discount?
I am not flaming or making fun so don't get me wrong but you need to put a higher budget on a dress shoe.
At least $100-$150 because you do get for what you pay for.

A good dress shoes could last you a decade or more if taken care properly.

I agree with the fact you need a good dress shoe. I shopped Burlington Coat Factory and picked up a black pair of Calvin Klein lace-ups that I LOVE for 39.99.
smile.gif

What is your opinion?

tan

Originally Posted by artysm

white canvas shoes or just basic colored/styled canvas shoes. they don't have to be chucks either. my favs are tretorn nylite or T56, sperry CVO's, spring courts, SeaVees or supergas.

Nice list of shoes. Those Spring Courts look pretty nice. What store would I be able to find those at?

Originally Posted by artysm

white canvas shoes or just basic colored/styled canvas shoes. they don't have to be chucks either. my favs are tretorn nylite or T56, sperry CVO's, spring courts, SeaVees or supergas.

Nice list of shoes. Those Spring Courts look pretty nice. What store would I be able to find those at?

http://www.revolveclothin...ges/SpringCourt.jsp?&d=b

Originally Posted by DOWNTOWN43

trav66.png
img_3171.png
travvvv.png

Trying to hard with this look but again, good concept just not the right execution.
gg6.jpg
They all look like the multitude of gay flocks of men that I see roaming around lennox and downtown.
laugh.gif
word.. i understand trying to look fresh and all, but you can't be taking it TOO far... at some point you risk sending the wrong message

for the record, this is a great helpful thread... i just can't cosign everything that has been posted in here
laugh.gif

roll.gif
i was thinking that...yall ninjas is trippin wit all thistight pants = dressing better ...straight ++$%...imo

Originally Posted by il prescelto

opinions on these, im thinking of getting a pair?
thx
oiacsh.jpg
what are these called?

edit: nvm. these are extremely hard to find. does anyone know of a similar pair of sunglasses as the one above?

Originally Posted by Food4Thgt

trav66.png
img_3171.png
travvvv.png

Trying to hard with this look but again, good concept just not the right execution.
gg6.jpg
They all look like the multitude of gay flocks of men that I see roaming around lennox and downtown.
laugh.gif
word.. i understand trying to look fresh and all, but you can't be taking it TOO far... at some point you risk sending the wrong message

for the record, this is a great helpful thread... i just can't cosign everything that has been posted in here
laugh.gif

roll.gif
i was thinking that...yall ninjas is trippin wit all this tight pants = dressing better ...straight ++$%...imo
Reading is fundamental...But to understand is golden.

I don't think anyone in this thread is looking to dress just like anyone here. I think we all have a want to take pieces from each other and place theminto our own style. When the title says "dressing better" its to teach and discuss how to incorporate nicer items, colors, patterns etc into onesstyle. The title doesn't say "How to dress" or "Dress like ME!" I hope at some point you understand that everything is not for everyoneand that having a range of styles in your wardrobe make you a more versatile man. People are transitioning into adulthood and professional atmospheres...atsome point you have to dress like an adult.
Just food 4 thought.

*steps off of his soapbox.

jeans are all based on your size. if you're small enough for skinny's to look proportional then it's a go. i'm 6'0 200 so they are veryhard to wear.

revolveclothing.com like RFX suggested or the regular Spring Court website. if you go to highsnobiety under the selectism tab/website, Spring Court has agoogle ad so you can see what they look like with denim, shorts, etc. they're pretty comfortable and run about a half size big so stick to the whole size.they're just as comfortable as Supergas. the generic man has a lower end line at Urbanoutfitters called Generic Surplus that aren't bad either, sameprice points.

Originally Posted by ChiqGa

edit: nvm. these are extremely hard to find. does anyone know of a similar pair of sunglasses as the one above?

check out Vintage Carrera or Boeing Carrera sunglasses on eBay for like $25.

http://i.ebayimg.com/04/!BTMzgvQBmk~%24(KGrH****i0EjlLmUvDqBKHKiHb-k!~~_1.JPG

Just got these Cole Haan Buck's off ebay for 40 shipped
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by ChiqGa

Originally Posted by il prescelto

opinions on these, im thinking of getting a pair?
thx
oiacsh.jpg
what are these called?

Dita Beretta, they show sold out on their website but im hopefully ordering through a shop that orders directly from the company. ..i might just buy one ofthose porsche or carreras on ebay too, if i can find one cheap and authentic.

Originally Posted by Grizzlyboy

Originally Posted by Food4Thgt

trav66.png
img_3171.png
travvvv.png

gg6.jpg
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

roll.gif
i was thinking that...yall ninjas is trippin wit all this tight pants = dressing better ...straight ++$%...imo
Reading is fundamental...But to understand is golden.

I don't think anyone in this thread is looking to dress just like anyone here. I think we all have a want to take pieces from each other and place them into our own style. When the title says "dressing better" its to teach and discuss how to incorporate nicer items, colors, patterns etc into ones style. The title doesn't say "How to dress" or "Dress like ME!" I hope at some point you understand that everything is not for everyone and that having a range of styles in your wardrobe make you a more versatile man. People are transitioning into adulthood and professional atmospheres...at some point you have to dress like an adult.
Just food 4 thought.

*steps off of his soapbox.

These fits are fresh
pimp.gif
where can I find the shoes in the first two/threepictures?

Back
Top Bottom