Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Hey_

Does anyone else feel they'll "complete" their wardrobe at a certain point given your style doesn't change? I looked at the new f/w stuff from various brands and nothing really caught my attention.

I don't think one will ever really "complete" their wardrobe, but reach an equilibrium where they end up cycling out old/outgrown/scarcely worn pieces for new ones.

One may develop a "signature style", but if you consider yourself a sartorialist, you'll never really "complete".

Julius F. Wrek

Picasso if you can post some real life pictures of that jacket. I thought I would come up on that Gap Varsity jacket this week but it looks like they took it off the site.

Everything on that jacket felt very synthetic when I saw it in store
Man you just sound grumpy bruh. 
laugh.gif

Its Zara, its not exactly known for quality. But for $90 this jacket felt VERY solid. Sleeves felt nice, didnt feel like fake leather even though it probably is, the wool part felt nice and wasnt "scratches", the stitching was great, and the fit was nice. It is well worth the price IMO.

No pics yet, havent had a chance to wear it yet actually. I suggest going to the store and just trying it on, I had to size up.

Can you gents recommend other forums or websites  with selling sections for boat shoes and boots??? That stuff doesn't really move on NT. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.  

Speaking of ripping off high end designers, anyone ever order anything from Fabrixquare?

Looking specifically at their t shirts. Can't justify dropping $150 on a designer screen printed cotton tee but I can deal with $20. Their one size fits all selection worries me. "Fits XS-L" really?! :lol:

Man you just sound grumpy bruh. 
laugh.gif

Its Zara, its not exactly known for quality. But for $90 this jacket felt VERY solid. Sleeves felt nice, didnt feel like fake leather even though it probably is, the wool part felt nice and wasnt "scratches", the stitching was great, and the fit was nice. It is well worth the price IMO.

No pics yet, havent had a chance to wear it yet actually. I suggest going to the store and just trying it on, I had to size up.
A lot of hate comes from people who don't even go to the store and try the items on. I like the looks of it. Still holding out for the Gap Varsity, but gonna check Zara for this one. Thanks bruh

Not grumpy at all. I didn't expect much for 90 when I saw it so it was an easy pass for me. If you like it that's awesome. It just wasn't for me

Dockers Alpha Skinny looks good in the models, do they really fit this slim/tapered?

Youre going to have to snag a pair and be the real life model, only experience is with the original alpha fit. Perfect for guys that don't skip leg day.

Not grumpy at all. I didn't expect much for 90 when I saw it so it was an easy pass for me. If you like it that's awesome. It just wasn't for me

Fair enough, I feel like they coudve priced this jacket for $150 and I still probably woudve caved in. Maybe im hyping it up too much but its just real nice IMO. The ribbing part where the arm and body meet sold me.

thanks for clearing it up serg :pimp: . jcrew really knows how to take pictures of the products. every time i see the image on the site and then go to the store to find the product, it looks completely different :smh:

Honestly the site is a pretty good representation of what the suit looks like in real life. When you see it in the store and honestly when you see it on someone it looks light to dark gray. It isn't until you are pretty much up on the person and in light that you can then see that it is actually a navy blue. I think it's a great suit to have as it looks great from afar and from up close. I personally like the confusion it causes. Pairing isn't really difficult since it's two color that most anything would go with.

Does anyone else feel they'll "complete" their wardrobe at a certain point given your style doesn't change? I looked at the new f/w stuff from various brands and nothing really caught my attention.

Although I'm on the same page as you in the regards to this years F/W stuff, I don't think anyone is every really "complete" simply because their always seems to be a trend at least once a year that makes people consider trying it or getting it. For example, camel overcoats seem to be more popular this year than in the past and although classic they seem to be everywhere, hence the scooping of one on my end and a few others on here.

It all depends on what new "thing" or "trend" might come. Right now, for me, after the overcoat comes in, the selvage denim from Gap and my Tweed suit from MAB, I'm done for F/W...assuming no AE seconds sale is coming, again lol

anyone here happen to have a 44r h&m blazer/suit jacket and want to measure the shoulder seam to cuff? thinking about copping for a cheap suit to wear very rarely (parties/gf birthday/job interviews) till i have cake for something better, but they don't sale long sizes, but there's no arm length on the site to see if they go a bit long to fit more :frown: . also sadly express doesn't have anything in navy or grey in my size atm either. 

Last edited:
Mercer pants came and didn't fit :frown: Size 32 Umbers and they were too big. I'm not sure if anyone was looking for Mercer pants in that size?

Mercer pants came and didn't fit :frown: Size 32 Umbers and they were too big. I'm not sure if anyone was looking for Mercer pants in that size?

Are you normally a 32 waist? i got mine in as well, im usually a 33ish and the 32 fit me pretty well. i do love them though, they are more comfortable than the publish joggers for sure.

Back
Top Bottom