Dressing Better Vol 2.0

How long does it take before dark-colored chinos to start fading, if at all?

I was looking at a pair of J.Crew chinos that I've worn a few times, and I'm not sure if they're fading in the thigh area or if it was just the sun.
It depends on how you care for them. If you dry clean them, they will not fade or fade evenly very slowly over time. If you machine wash, then they will form whiskers, honeycombs, etc.

I dry clean all of my trousers and chinos so none of mine have any fading marks.

Last edited:

I was looking at a pair of J.Crew chinos that I've worn a few times, and I'm not sure if they're fading in the thigh area or if it was just the sun.
It depends on how you care for them. If you dry clean them, they will not fade or fade evenly very slowly over time. If you machine wash, then they will form whiskers, honeycombs, etc.

I dry clean all of my trousers and chinos so none of mine have any fading marks.

Is it possible that certain patches will fade prematurely due to exposure to the sun, hands/arms rubbing over them when you drive/walk, etc?

I actually haven't washed these pants at all, yet. Dry-cleaning pants is fairly cheap? Like $5-10?

Mercer pants came and didn't fit :frown: Size 32 Umbers and they were too big. I'm not sure if anyone was looking for Mercer pants in that size?

What size is your waist?

Honestly I'm not sure :rolleyes :wow: I wear a 34 in 511s but have about an extra inch in the waist, just have to size up cause of my thighs. So if I had to guess, I'm a 33 or 32 in the waist.

Mercer pants came and didn't fit :frown: Size 32 Umbers and they were too big. I'm not sure if anyone was looking for Mercer pants in that size?

Are you normally a 32 waist? i got mine in as well, im usually a 33ish and the 32 fit me pretty well. i do love them though, they are more comfortable than the publish joggers for sure.

See reply above. The quality on these pants is incredible. The waist is just big for me. I could easily do a 31 and probably even a 30 in Mercers.

A few questions..how do you get a red wine stain out of a shirt? Never had that problem.

This chick accidentally spilled red wine on one of my BB ESF shirts.

It requires immediate attention, when I say immediate, I mean essentially a few seconds after the spill occurred.

Take a lemon, spray lemon juice on it, dab it, and immediately pour salt over it.

If you can then wash it right then and there, that will give you the best chance of survival. If not, you'll end up throwing it away as the faint red circle will be present.

Is it possible that certain patches will fade prematurely due to exposure to the sun, hands/arms rubbing over them when you drive/walk, etc?

I actually haven't washed these pants at all, yet. Dry-cleaning pants is fairly cheap? Like $5-10?

Not sure about the sun. I don't think so unless you're basking in abnormal amount of sunshine.

I pay $4 for my chinos to be dry cleaned.

Adding to what Wis said, I will suggest to invest in a steamer. Something that I've been told by the guys at MAB to not wash or dry clean clothing until it is actually dirty or smelly. Multiple dry cleaning will eventually start messing with the fabric and slowly but surely make it weaker. How many times that is, I don't know. Invest in a steamer is my suggestion, I bought my ConAir one from Bed, Bath & Beyond and it's a great. I use Febreeze and the steamer. The Febreeze helps with the bacteria and makes it smell nice, the steamer gives it that nice dry clean press. I only take stuff to the cleaners if their is a stain or if the garment truly smells (ie. my thrifted coat).

lol sorry I read his reply as I would have to spend 20 and not under 20. Can you guys recommend me some brands that are worth buying. I mean if I buy a grey one and a black hoodie I'll be set.

And wow the sizing for the Zara jacket is really weird.
from my experience with zara jackets is size up 1. If you wear a medium, get a large etc.

Polo bear sweaters are back. 295 then an extra 30% off is still more than I'm willing to spend on it though.

http://www.ralphlauren.com/product/...0813&ab=ln_men_cs1_sweaters&parentPage=family

Are BB ESF shirts all that dope? Y'all know my build from my pics. At 5 10, 165 will these be worth copping? If so, if the 3 for 225 can be hooked up with the 25% then I'll likely do that. Thoughts?

Prior I have charlestyrwhitt ESF and those are freaking huge. I just wanna know should I spend the money or just save up to go MTM?

I'm the complete opposite. I had to get my BB ESF shirts taken in because they bloomed out too much. But my Charles Tyrhwitt one fit perfect.
I'm def the minority though, most people love the EST from BB. Their sportshirts are fine but I don't like the last two dress shirts I got from them

With the 25% off it was a maybe but I can't justify that full 300 for that sweater. Looks like I'm gonna have to pass I'm sure the resell value will make it worth it for anyone who cops tho

Getting ready to leave for an interview in Nashville today.
Same RL Polo suit, CT shirt, BB tie, Kent Wang PS, and Andrew Lock monks

I'm picking up three Brook Brother's shirts in the ESF. With the 3/$225 +25% off they come to about $60 a shirt, hard to beat that for the quality you're getting. 

I'm 5'10, 155 lbs and the ESF still needed to get taken in for me. The cut in the arm is great (pretty high) but I just get it taken in around the torso/ back and I'm good. 

A lot of people hate the wrinkle free fabric but I personally love how practical it is. 

Back
Top Bottom