Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Man you just sound grumpy bruh. 
laugh.gif

Its Zara, its not exactly known for quality. But for $90 this jacket felt VERY solid. Sleeves felt nice, didnt feel like fake leather even though it probably is, the wool part felt nice and wasnt "scratches", the stitching was great, and the fit was nice. It is well worth the price IMO.

No pics yet, havent had a chance to wear it yet actually. I suggest going to the store and just trying it on, I had to size up.
I actually have the Zara jacket right now and I'm actually gonna return em. I love the simplicity and everything and it is a good buy for $90 but I have the Gap Leather Varsity Jacket in the mail right now and I think its a better buy.

The zara jacket fits small, so size up especially if you workout on the regular. Leather isn't all that, althought the body of the jacket is actually really nice. If you don't have the $$ to cop a varsity jacket over $200, this is definately a good pickup

A few questions..how do you get a red wine stain out of a shirt? Never had that problem.

This chick accidentally spilled red wine on one of my BB ESF shirts.

Second,

I think it was mentioned a few pages back, but how is the quality on Uniqlo dress shirts?

And how does it compare to say, H&M?

I bought a white dress shirt from H&M for $39.99 almost a year back when I didn't know any better, and it sucked. :x

The material was paper thin, and the shirt wasn't sturdy at all.

Last edited:
A few questions..how do you get a red wine stain out of a shirt? Never had that problem.

This chick accidentally spilled red wine on one of my BB ESF shirts.

Second,

I think it was mentioned a few pages back, but how is the quality on Uniqlo dress shirts?

And how does it compare to say, H&M?

I bought a white dress shirt from H&M for $39.99 almost a year back when I didn't know any better, and it sucked. :x

The material was paper thin, and the shirt wasn't sturdy at all.
You dot get that stain out man. You throw the shirt away

I actually have the Zara jacket right now and I'm actually gonna return em. I love the simplicity and everything and it is a good buy for $90 but I have the Gap Leather Varsity Jacket in the mail right now and I think its a better buy.

The zara jacket fits small, so size up especially if you workout on the regular. Leather isn't all that, althought the body of the jacket is actually really nice. If you don't have the $$ to cop a varsity jacket over $200, this is definately a good pickup
Sleeves on that jacket aren't leather.

Tide to Go works really well for getting rid of most stains, not sure how effectively it would clean up a red wine stain though.

Uniqlo: I can only speak for their Oxfords, but for $30 they're awesome. For what I paid, I feel like got a product worth much more. I have 5 of them which I've worn fairly often and they've held up really well.

RE: what I said earlier about completing the wardrobe...I should've been more clear, but it's hard to write a coherent essay on mobile :lol:

It took me the last 4 years or so to completely rebuild my wardrobe, and each season I would be buying something like 4-6 sweaters, multiple pairs of shoes, etc. I'm at the point where when I see most things, I'm like 'meh'...it's nice, but not sure how many times I'd wear it. The same thing applies to footwear. I'm pretty happy with my shoes/boots right now, and wouldn't want anymore sans a couple of pairs I schedule for 2014. I don't think I can be a person who has like 6 pairs of the Indy's, all in different shells and what not. Even that's too much for my taste. I'm sure I'll add a shirt here and there because of the unique print or what have you, but I won't be copping to the same degree anymore because the foundation has been set. I just want to ensure all pieces get enough wears to justify the price tags paid for them. My style has remained the same throughout, which is menswear inspired. I copped a peacoat 2 years ago, a topcoat last year, and an overcoat this summer. After accumulating for a while, I feel I have the basics covered. Not to mention, my closet is absolutely packed as is and can't handle any addition :lol:

Today:

One of the Carmina boots I need to cop next year: http://cdn.styleforum.net/7/71/500x1000px-LL-715d666d_tumblr_mtr2gm1pxJ1qliyt4o1_500.jpeg

Where can I get a couple hoodies under 20 dollars that are good quality. Not some **** that will feel completely different after one wash. Need to get ready for the cold.

Where can I get a couple hoodies under 20 dollars that are good quality. Not some **** that will feel completely different after one wash. Need to get ready for the cold.
You're going to need to pony up more than $20 for quality hoodies, man.

If you're talkin about the Zara jacket that homie posted about before it is not leather. The one you just posted is t the same one.

Whats people opinion on that ZARA jacket? How's sizing? Usually wear a Small for jackets but Id like to layer it with a thin sweater or something.

Whats people opinion on that ZARA jacket? How's sizing? Usually wear a Small for jackets but Id like to layer it with a thin sweater or something.
You may want to go with a large then.

I'm a large small, meaning I wear small in most brands and medium in others. I had to go with a medium in Zara jackets, and that was a slim fit with no room for layering. Quality is meh, though. Good for when on sale.

You may want to look into investing in one or two quality hoodies instead of that many. A gray one with fleece lining would be very versatile.

lol sorry I read his reply as I would have to spend 20 and not under 20. Can you guys recommend me some brands that are worth buying. I mean if I buy a grey one and a black hoodie I'll be set.

And wow the sizing for the Zara jacket is really weird.

How long does it take before dark-colored chinos to start fading, if at all?

I was looking at a pair of J.Crew chinos that I've worn a few times, and I'm not sure if they're fading in the thigh area or if it was just the sun.

Back
Top Bottom