Dressing Better Vol 2.0

I think you can order stuff with free shipping if you just go into a j. crew store and have them order it over the phone for you. I know I did that a couple weeks ago and saved a couple bucks (plus they let me use my student discount).

I actually got about 100 bucks in my jcrew cart at the moment and I'm trying to figure out if I wanna stop by the mall and have them order it for me so I can use that student discount and possibly get that free shipping. My whole cart is full of summer related stuff I'm planning on wearing while in Nigeria so I'm in no real rush to receive it either way.
Yup. Finna buy this shirt for like 43 dolalrs when it used to be like 70 when it first dropped last season. You can get pretty much all of the J crew shirts if you just wait a while for the price to drop and then go on sale

I think you can order stuff with free shipping if you just go into a j. crew store and have them order it over the phone for you. I know I did that a couple weeks ago and saved a couple bucks (plus they let me use my student discount).

I actually got about 100 bucks in my jcrew cart at the moment and I'm trying to figure out if I wanna stop by the mall and have them order it for me so I can use that student discount and possibly get that free shipping. My whole cart is full of summer related stuff I'm planning on wearing while in Nigeria so I'm in no real rush to receive it either way.

Hmmmmm, good point. Idk, the Wallace and Barnes shirts I was looking at might not have made it to the weekend...

Welp, copped these 2:

Anyone else guilty of filling up their shopping carts just to get free shipping??

Spending extra to save $9 smh.
I'd do the same and return the unwanted items to the local J. Crew or wherever if I can't make the order live to get free shipping.

Dat hustle :smokin

#THANKYOUBASEDGOD that I haven't fallen into the leather pants fad, I don't see that lasting for too much longer...

Ready for Kanye to make something else cool

Why do you think it's on its way out???

Was going to do this in the recent JCrew sale, then they upped the price on the bag I was going to get when I was going to pull the trigger. Decided not to buy entirely. Then they went fickle with the free shipping.

I've gone away from being an impulsive shopper, and shopping at JCrew during a promo is frustrating. Sale starts and item is at a reduced price plus promo code, next day or two they up the price. :smh:.

Abingdon I'm assuming? Luckily, I pulled the trigger the day before they raised the prices. Saw it posted on Dappered and copped right away.

Why do you think it's on its way out???

Nothing last forever bro. Dudes we rocking leather pants int eh summer, eventually rhyme and reason eventually overcome everything.

Plus style evolves. It wasn't long ago that we all wore baggy pants and tees with all over print patterns.

Not to mention the leather pants trend has come and gone already in the past, I remember it got hot for a sec in the 90s.

Abingdon I'm assuming? Luckily, I pulled the trigger the day before they raised the prices. Saw it posted on Dappered and copped right away.

Bingo, was $78 before promo code, then it jumped to $92. :smh:

JCrew keeps pulling these stunts, not going back to my impulsive ways, :lol:

Speaking of certain styles leaving... I REALLY am tired of this whole skinny tapered jogging pant thing. Saw a guy wearing them to a black tie event... the rest of his outfit was formal and then these skinny jogging pants that are cuffed and pulled to his calves like some capris :x Like I think they are a great addition to your workout clothing regimen but c'mon... enough is enough

Last edited:
I posted something similar the other day about the jogger pants. I'm just not sold on it. I see its the new trend for the summer/ fall but its just aint for me. I would actually prefer nike jus release some regular (semi-baggy) sweated with the string at the bottom like they use to in the 90s/ealier 2000s. I feel like alot of their sweats now have a straight leg fit which doesnt really do much when it comes to dressing up your sneaks.

:lol: time and place for everything.

Speaking of jogging I need to hit the trail soon. Pants getting a bit tighter :-(

Wrong assume its the color of the suit the model is wearing. They may call that color they are using Navy, trust me 9//10 times they have the correct picture with the correct suit.

Wrong assume its the color of the suit the model is wearing. They may call that color they are using Navy, trust me 9//10 times they have the correct picture with the correct suit.
Are you talking about the picture that is being modeled or the pic of the suit that pops up if you hover above the color patch?

Today, a great example of how a sweater that is too big can make you look bigger than you are but at least there is a nice pic of my shoes:
http://dressingbetterforless.blogspot.com/2013/09/wdiwt92613.html

theres a great deal on a ludlow suit jacket from jcrew right now (50% off)

http://www.jcrew.com/mens_special_s...iority|0~21+16+4294948614~90~~~~~~~/79918.jsp

the color says "Navy" but the picture shows a grey suit. should i assume that the picture is not the suit i will be receiving if i order this or is this really the "Navy" suit?

This is what I call the mind f*$% suit. I own it in the Thompson cut. The suit is navy up close but looks gray from far away and in every picture imaginable. Adrian kept insisting it was gray even though I kept telling him it was navy when I wore it.

Here is my in the suit:
http://s155.photobucket.com/user/sa...A75-638-0000003649CCC051_zps832a4eeb.jpg.html

Here is the close up of the fabric and material:
http://s155.photobucket.com/user/sa...1B4-638-0000003CD558B50D_zps98dcaad2.jpg.html

Edit: You can see the contrast between the jacket sleeve in the sun versus my pant leg in the left out of the sun.

Last edited:
My bad assume its the one on the mannequin that looks a darker grey. Jcrew is weird with their color codes from time to time. Peep that Fine stripe suit they called black or something that looks really white. They choose small details and call the whole suit that one color.

thanks for clearing it up serg
pimp.gif
. jcrew really knows how to take pictures of the products. every time i see the image on the site and then go to the store to find the product, it looks completely different
mean.gif

I posted something similar the other day about the jogger pants. I'm just not sold on it. I see its the new trend for the summer/ fall but its just aint for me. I would actually prefer nike jus release some regular (semi-baggy) sweated with the string at the bottom like they use to in the 90s/ealier 2000s. I feel like alot of their sweats now have a straight leg fit which doesnt really do much when it comes to dressing up your sneaks.
I posted this in the jogger thread but I really like the idea and concept. Fitted/slim/skinny is in and wont go anywhere for long long time. I see joggers as just another cut/style of slim pants. I wear a ton of Nike running shoes, so they really go well with the joggers.

What you guys think of these? Zara quilted pants. I wore em in store and liked them a lot. May have been impulse but I still havent had regrets getting them. They look much better in person and worn. Quality is a little eh, went through 3 pairs before I purchased a pair that was flawless.

I did grab this varsity though and for $90 is a solid buy. Quality is nice and its a nice thick jacket. Sleeves dont feel cheap either. I like the ribbing design where the arm meets the body.

Last edited:
My bad assume its the one on the mannequin that looks a darker grey. Jcrew is weird with their color codes from time to time. Peep that Fine stripe suit they called black or something that looks really white. They choose small details and call the whole suit that one color.
lol ok, so we were both saying the same thing.

Does anyone else feel they'll "complete" their wardrobe at a certain point given your style doesn't change? I looked at the new f/w stuff from various brands and nothing really caught my attention.

They also have the matching pants on sale on the site. Somewhat limited sizes.

Even for a cloth suit with the winter approaching, for a full Ludlow? That's a killer deal. Just got the jacket and pants for $185 shipped....

Big shout to diewitsjames.

They also have the matching pants on sale on the site. Somewhat limited sizes.

Even for a cloth suit with the winter approaching, for a full Ludlow? That's a killer deal. Just got the jacket and pants for $185 shipped....

Big shout to diewitsjames.
this. anytime i can pickup a full ludlow suit for less than 200 its insta-copped

Back
Top Bottom