Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Can someone point me the right direction for a simple silver slide tie bar? The Tie Bars website doesn't have silver and other places I've checked all have the clips on them. Just looking for something simple...1.5 inches...silver...slide clasp.

Or do most people go with the clip-on tie bars? Seems like those are more abundant than the slide-on.

Last edited:
There was a Levi's sample sale in NYC today. Grabbed me a pair of 32x32 1955 customized 501's. They dont fit like today's 501's, on top of that they were tailored already. They fit tighter than the 511's I currently have in rotation. The quality is SUPER nice, and its a nice wash as well.

$30 was the deal as well, retail was $295. Guy cut me a break (from $60) cause it was late and we were chatting a bit.

236 27th street. Between 7th and 8th down by FIT if anyone wants to check it out tomorrow. 14th floor.

Id have pics but I left them in my car and Im too lazy to get em now lol.

Went to my Cole Haan Outlet to see the lunars and they had these for $135

Last edited:
There was a Levi's sample sale in NYC today. Grabbed me a pair of 32x32 1955 customized 501's. They dont fit like today's 501's, on top of that they were tailored already. They fit tighter than the 511's I currently have in rotation. The quality is SUPER nice, and its a nice wash as well.

$30 was the deal as well, retail was $295. Guy cut me a break (from $60) cause it was late and we were chatting a bit.

236 27th street. Between 7th and 8th down by FIT if anyone wants to check it out tomorrow. 14th floor.

Id have pics but I left them in my car and Im too lazy to get em now lol.

How do you find out about these sample sales? The ones I find out about are not interesting and mostly for woman.

Sans the super high cost of living, you'll be in the red :lol:

Unless you know someone who can get you in for first picks, a lot of these sample sales aren't worth the time.

Half true, depends on the brand. Theres A Commes Des Garcons sample sale tomorrow im contemplating on going to before work. Those seem like one of those "hookup" type sales.

I been to a J. Crew sample sale and there was a TON of good stuff. Picked up Seavees boots, and around November theres a Penfield sample sale. Jackets and vests for $80. Got me one of each where normally I woudve spent maybe $450 retail.

Sample sales are hit or miss, they sure are fun though. I find out through word of mouth or just googling it.

Last edited:
NEED those CH Lunargrands...

Went to Target today to check out those bucks that were featured in GQ. Not bad if you're ballin on a budget. Good toe shape, substantial sole, reinforced eyelets.

Half true, depends on the brand. Theres A Commes Des Garcons sample sale tomorrow im contemplating on going to before work. Those seem like one of those "hookup" type sales.

I been to a J. Crew sample sale and there was a TON of good stuff. Picked up Seavees boots, and around November theres a Penfield sample sale. Jackets and vests for $80. Got me one of each where normally I woudve spent maybe $450 retail.

Sample sales are hit or miss, they sure are fun though. I find out through word of mouth or just googling it.

In addition some places just inform their customer base about the sample sales. I know MAB does this for their yearly sample sale and man that is one amazing sample sale.

Are navy blue and charcoal gray suits equally versatile, or is one more than the other? Which would you prefer?

I guess I should've specified that I'm referring to the higher end brands. I've gone to a few, from Rock and Republic back in the mid 2000s to Barneys a few years back with other brands here and there. The lines were not worth the time for me in most cases. I know that insiders can get you in way before anyone for you to choose. People usually buy to flip at this point. CdG does sound intriguing. I wonder how much stuff they have since they have so many lines under the umbrella.

Are navy blue and charcoal gray suits equally versatile, or is one more than the other? Which would you prefer?
Both are as equally versatile. Charcoal may have a slight edge since you can wear it to more formal events. I have one but I rarely wear it though. I just got it because I refuse to get a black suit :lol:

Last edited:
I've been looking for a cheapish ($50-$150) watch.  Is that too cheap to find a quality watch?  If it isn't, can someone point some out for me? 

I've been looking for a cheapish ($50-$150) watch.  Is that too cheap to find a quality watch?  If it isn't, can someone point some out for me? 

What kind of watch do you want? Something dressy, casual, bracelet or nylon strap, etc...

In that price range, I would look at Seiko 5 Series, Citizen, and Orient. I bought an Orient Blue Ray pretty recently and I've been wearing it a lot. Japanese Automatic movement, really solid watch for $150.

Last edited:
wj4. CAN YOU recommend a place in Socal..Los Angeles preferably, where I can get measured/fitted for a suit.

I have a graduation and wedding coming up and I have not 1 suit in my possession, lol.

I'm feeling the suit supply suits so I want to know what to get and where to go to taper/tailor it so I look sexy.

Back
Top Bottom