Dressing Better Vol 2.0

If you want to get measures for a MTM suit, anyone can do it, even your friends. Chances are you will still need fine tuning of the suit after it gets in because all suits, even bespoke ones, are rarely perfect from the start.

You can try Mr. Lee in the West Side. He's right across the street from The Grove and Samy's Camera. I've got shirts made by him before. He knows what he's doing and can take measurements for you.
Good looking. Is it a good idea to purchase shoes before to have them tapered to the style or will the taper suffice for any shoe?

My graduation is going to be on my college's track & field area that has turf and dirt. Rain or shine. Should I get a pair of dress shoes with a rubber sole for back up? I have a pair with leather soles that I still need to break in, I was slipping & gliding on carpet when I first wore them :smh:.

My graduation is going to be on my college's track & field area that has turf and dirt. Rain or shine. Should I get a pair of dress shoes with a rubber sole for back up? I have a pair with leather soles that I still need to break in, I was slipping & gliding on carpet when I first wore them :smh:.

I'm pretty sure rubber will be your best bet if it rains.

If you want to get measures for a MTM suit, anyone can do it, even your friends. Chances are you will still need fine tuning of the suit after it gets in because all suits, even bespoke ones, are rarely perfect from the start.

You can try Mr. Lee in the West Side. He's right across the street from The Grove and Samy's Camera. I've got shirts made by him before. He knows what he's doing and can take measurements for you.

Good looking. Is it a good idea to purchase shoes before to have them tapered to the style or will the taper suffice for any shoe?
I'd wear dress shoes to the tailor. When i first started going to my guy, I always had them on for the fitting until I knew to tell him the specific inseam i wanted.

I'd wear dress shoes to the tailor. When i first started going to my guy, I always had them on for the fitting until I knew to tell him the specific inseam i wanted.
Agreed. I have trousers that are high water with certain shoes but with dress boots or Chukkas they're not.

Agreed. I have trousers that are high water with certain shoes but with dress boots or Chukkas they're not.
Good looking guys. I know it's corny but, I'm ruining my life next year and during the reception my girl gave the ok to wear sneakers so I want to make sure when I go, to take both pairs to make sure they still fit well.

Bout to get my sexy on like you guys lol.

Still, I dont see the appeal of dressing like this everyday, lol. I couldnt go to a club with a suit on..it feels uncomfortable.

Good looking guys. I know it's corny but, I'm ruining my life next year and during the reception my girl gave the ok to wear sneakers so I want to make sure when I go, to take both pairs to make sure they still fit well.

Still, I dont see the appeal of dressing like this everyday, lol. I couldnt go to a club with a suit on..it feels uncomfortable.

No one is saying to go to a club wearing a suit, as I think most of us would not because of how hot and uncomfortable it can get. Dressing better is about making sure, whatever you wear, fits right.

I'm pretty sure rubber will be your best bet if it rains.
I was at Nordstrom Rack a few months ago trying to find a nice pair with rubber soles with no luck. The nice ones had leather soles. I'll try again this week. Don't want to slip during the ceremony :frown:.

No one is saying to go to a club wearing a suit, as I think most of us would not because of how hot and uncomfortable it can get. Dressing better is about making sure, whatever you wear, fits right.
Respect. This wedding she's in and then ours will make me uncomfortable but its good cause at 32, I need a suit in my closet.
laugh.gif

So hard to have so many potential purchases but I know I can't just yet cause I have to have my cruise paid off by early June. Not looking to buy much, if anything at all, until then.

Not clowning but I don't know how anyone can be out of school and not own at least one suit

Nah, they deserve to be clowned.

:lol: :smh:

Depending on the situation, a suit in the club isn't that bad. I've done it before. I remember Steezy doing it multiple times earlier this year.

I wear a suit to the club, no tie, ishhh looks fly and honestly unless the club is a sweat box I dot see how hot it can actually get, either that or you go in there gunning for dancehall championship..

Not clowning but I don't know how anyone can be out of school and not own at least one suit
I sorta agree. I didn't have a first suit until 6 months into my first job. I had to cook up an outfit for the interview with that one :lol:. Wore chinos, dress shirt and cardigan.

If you can get a suit after undergrad then I would heavily suggest so.

Preach. I'm seeing too many guys, "trying too hard". I mean there's always the other end, being overdressed. If you're in a pub for a match, everyone wearing tees and sports gear and you show up in a 3 piece suit with double monks, that's not dressing better IMO. That's why I even showed the jeans and tee fit earlier, it was so versatile, i rode a bike, went to the mall, grabbed a bite to eat and then went for a stroll in the park, all done comfortable with no sweat. Everyone has to remember fit is king.

Also, for a club I'm going with a suit/blazer too, if the dress code asks for that, if not, and it's an event where hundreds of people will attend and temperatures are gettin crazy, i'm all for a polo/v-neck/casual shirt and a pair of jeans/chinos.

Nah, they deserve to be clowned.
If a person had a business related major / degree than I would expect them to have a suit for interviews.

Someone in a different field, I can understand. My friends who are male nurses or have degrees in health science get to dress down everyday or wear scrubs. Their first time buying suits were because they had to go a wedding or something formal.

Preach. I'm seeing too many guys, "trying too hard". I mean there's always the other end, being overdressed. If you're in a pub for a match, everyone wearing tees and sports gear and you show up in a 3 piece suit with double monks, that's not dressing better IMO. That's why I even showed the jeans and tee fit earlier, it was so versatile, i rode a bike, went to the mall, grabbed a bite to eat and then went for a stroll in the park, all done comfortable with no sweat. Everyone has to remember fit is king.

Also, for a club I'm going with a suit/blazer too, if the dress code asks for that, if not, and it's an event where hundreds of people will attend and temperatures are gettin crazy, i'm all for a polo/v-neck/casual shirt and a pair of jeans/chinos.

Yep, there's always a place for a simple, classic fit like you posted earlier...and I agree on all other points. There's a difference being that guy wearing a full tux to an event where the dress code is casual, and being a little more dressed up than everyone else in a business casual environment at work.

That UO Jacket came in today, really happy with it for $20 bucks

has anyone ever gotten a polo tailored? I shrunk almost all of my polos that i bought a bit too big in th day and they fit perfect now..except one.. and this one i wont be able to just re-buy because i know they wont ever make that color again, so i want to get it tailored if possible.. enlighten me brehs.

Back
Top Bottom