Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Yea, went with extra slim fit. I'm 6' ~165lb so I'm hoping it's slim enough for me. Will do with the pics.

??? Every single pair of 484's I own have a 7" hem....
Likewise. I take a size 31 in them.

I think newmj is around a size 36, which is why they have bigger leg openings.

And I agree with Frank. I wear a size 9 in most sneakers and a 7" is OK. It would look super weird on a size 12 sneaker, wouldn't be able to make it over the tongue :lol:

Getting my first bespoke suit. The guy said it should be ready for pick up this Wed. Will post pics when I get the finished product.

Biggest waist size will have bigger leg openings.

That said, 7.5 leg opening on sz 12 shoes is too tapered imo.

And to the guy asking about material for suits, wool > cotton
I agree. I like wool, but I also like other materials like cashmere, silk and blends between the aforementioned. The only material I don't like for suit jacket is cotton.

Thanks, man. Shoes are def bulky. They're Red Wing on Vibram sole.
Hahahah. G was getting it on.
I think Iron Man really likes the brand though I can be mistaking.

I'm a fan, for the price of course. It's one of those that you never pay MSRP. I would consider them entry level in terms if actually getting your size. Quality is above department store dress shirts (ie Banana Republic) but below classic brands such as Brooks Brothers and now JCrew.

Neck to sleeve options are great, wide selection, cuff selection, collar selection. Great entry level shirt, IMO. There are always codes.

I dry clean all my shirts, I know I know, frankly I find ironing tedious. :lol:.

I am a size 12 and here are some of my pics and like I said perviously I like a slim taper.

These have a 6.5 hem, think it looks great.

Next 2 are 7.5 hem.

These 2 are are those Gap joints I had tapered to 7" and shortened for a break.

All are size except the Fly knits they are a 12.5. IMO, it looks good. For my height I have a small foot in comparison to my family. They all have larger feet, even my lil sis and both my parents are tall. So, we are all towers.

Last edited:
If you guys consider 7" hem crazy. I get a majority of my pants 6" and I wear a size 10. But I don't really wear sneakers and if I do. They're really casual.

I am a size 12 and here are some of my pics and like I said perviously I like a slim taper.

These have a 6.5 hem, think it looks great.

Next 2 are 7.5 hem.

These 2 are are those Gap joints I had tapered to 7" and shortened for a break.

All are size except the Fly knits they are a 12.5. IMO, it looks good. For my height I have a small foot in comparison to my family. They all have larger feet, even my lil sis and both my parents are tall. So, we are all towers.
At 6.5" and size 12, it's not even slim taper. It's skinny. The jeans with the Arenas look much better than the first picture with the Nikes, which looks like slim sweatpants with cuffs at the hem.

At 6.5" and size 12, it's not even slim taper. It's skinny. The jeans with the Arenas look much better than the first picture with the Nikes, which looks like slim sweatpants with cuffs at the hem.

Naw those are chino's the a ribbed cuff.

How the hell do you guys with the small leg openings even get your feet through them?

I'm a 7.5 in Nike and the smallest leg opening pants i have is 6.25 and I'm not even sure if my feet would fit through the hole of a 6 inch leg opening pants

Copped the sandstone/limelight for $124 today at the outlet. 

Originally got them for the office but I don't think that is going to happen since the sole is so damn bright  Oh well, they look amazing in person. I've always been a fan of wingtips as they are very damn versatile. Anybody rock the ones with the volt/limelight soles in the office? Do you think I could get away with it?

As was mentioned before, it depends on the vibe of the office. I think for casual Friday those are acceptable but depending on wear you work, it may not be acceptable M-F. You may have to wait until you feel out what others wear on certain days. Good pickup, though.

Threw this on really quick, just to get an idea of how it'll look. Does this jacket/tie combination go well together?

(I need to get the sleeves altered)

Classic combo. Looks good. Man.

Getting my first bespoke suit. The guy said it should be ready for pick up this Wed. Will post pics when I get the finished product.

Congrats on the purchase :pimp: . Where did you get it made? How long did the process take for you?

Back
Top Bottom