Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Eh, get that it was wrong but the theme was PUNK. B- for effort, but he did himself and Olivia badly there.

At 6.5" and size 12, it's not even slim taper. It's skinny. The jeans with the Arenas look much better than the first picture with the Nikes, which looks like slim sweatpants with cuffs at the hem.

I agree with Wis on his point about it being skinny not slim taper. It is a very aggressive taper . You are rocking skinnys bro, and pulling it off well too ! Like the kick game too . Props

With all the talk about leg openings, do you all follow a certain rule in correlation to shoe size?
Wj4?
Pinoy?
Or anyone on here that wears suits or trousers frequently?

I am a sz 8-8.5 shoe. But recently I have stopped tapering my more expensive Italian brand trousers , black label, Armani etc and although it doesn't look as flattering I feel more Boss lol Idk if it makes sense . I think it is more intimidating to ppl . I might go in and taper them too but idk .

Also, can you ask the tailor to save the cloth If he can save the cloth in the inseam when he slims down and tapers the pants so that you can reopen them and make the pants wide again in the future.. Is this possible?

GAGJR - Thanks man. Yep it's navy.

Info on the suit?

Hugo Boss Red Label. I posted pictures a while back, it has a very unique texture to it.

Last edited:
With all the talk about leg openings, do you all follow a certain rule in correlation to shoe size?
Wj4?
Pinoy?

I am a sz 8-8.5 shoe. But recently I have stopped tapering my more expensive Italian brand trousers , black label, Armani etc and although it doesn't look as flattering I feel more Boss lol Idk if it makes sense . I think it is more intimidating to ppl . I might go in and taper them too but idk .

Also, can you ask the tailor to save the cloth If he can save the cloth in the inseam when he slims down and tapers the pants so that you can reopen them and make the pants wide again in the future.. Is this possible?
Being that I am on a college budget, I don't have any high quality trousers or anything of the sort. The brands I run with are stuff like: Kenneth Cole, Express, and Gap. Honestly, only my Kenneth Cole trousers (from full suit) are an 8" opening since I did not know specifically what to ask for when I got it tailored (first article of clothing ever that had alterations done) but I am happy with it. It does not look too "conservative" due to the no break look. However, it is a good intermediary between conservative and today's slim sleek look. All of my other trousers run at a 7" opening mostly with little to no break as well.
I do understand what you are getting at though. Overly skinny trousers do seem to be a tad "kiddish" for lack a better word but as long as you can find that perfect sizing for your body type, then you're set. I'm cool with 7" to 8" now but if I were taller or larger perhaps I'd consider changing that up. It's all up to the wearer and the confidence they feel from their look.

To add to the hem opening discussion, I'm a little over 6 feet tall and my optimal opening is 7.5

I'm a size 11 in most shoes, a 44 (EU) for shoes and boots, and a 10.5 for boots and some dress shoes. 7.5 works perfect for me, and looks just right on my shoes and fits over boots nicely. I do have a pair of black trousers that are tapered down to a 7in opening, but I only wear them when I'm feeling, for a lack of a better word, aggressive.

And these in Museum Calf...would you guys being interested in a group order from Meermin, out of curiosity?

More info please! Definitely interested in getting a pair of these to pair with a navy suit.

As for the whole hem thing, I was under the impression that if you're going to show your ankles, you should be doing it by cuffing your pants, NOT by hemming your trousers? The latter looks more like high waters, and that gives it a much different look.

Wj4?
Pinoy?

I'm a size 8-8. and I prefer my leg opening to be 7.5 inches. I have one pair of trousers with an 8 inch opening..that I find a tad bit big.

You can ask them to not cut away the excess fabric from a taper. There will definitely be some sort of "bulge" depending on how slim it fits on you.

My tailor did it once for a pair of jeans I had tapered. Instead of trimming the excess fabric, she sewed it along the seam. The jeans had room on me, so the "bulge" was not as noticeable.

Pinoy732, thanks for the reply bro! appreciate your input
No doubt fan :smokin Anytime.

To add to the hem opening discussion, I'm a little over 6 feet tall and my optimal opening is 7.5

I'm a size 11 in most shoes, a 44 (EU) for shoes and boots, and a 10.5 for boots and some dress shoes. 7.5 works perfect for me, and looks just right on my shoes and fits over boots nicely. I do have a pair of black trousers that are tapered down to a 7in opening, but I only wear them when I'm feeling, for a lack of a better word, aggressive.
To go along with this, I am 5' 10, 165lbs, and wear a 10D in dress shoes/boots and a 10-10.5 in sneakers for reference.

Going on a boat in a few weeks and wanted something similar to this:

The one pictures is by Saint James and is over $200. Any ideas where I can find a cheaper alternative?

Thanks!

More info please! Definitely interested in getting a pair of these to pair with a navy suit.

As for the whole hem thing, I was under the impression that if you're going to show your ankles, you should be doing it by cuffing your pants, NOT by hemming your trousers? The latter looks more like high waters, and that gives it a much different look.

I e-mailed Pepe from Meermin about 30 minutes ago and pretty much awaiting a reply. I asked for information regarding the make up I posted; the Museum Calf, regarding price on a single pair MTO and group pricing. In addition, I asked him how many people constitute a group as well. Once he replies I will post the information. Most of the time they are really quick with the information.

Being on a boat can get really cold!
Honestly almost every store I go to at the mall has similar sweaters to those. H&M had a lot of variations on that (if you want something cheap), Jcrew, Club Monaco, AA, etc.

once the pants are tapered, you can't make the leg opening bigger again

Wj4?
Pinoy?

That's correct. Once you have taper it you cannot undo it. I have anything from 6.5 to 8" leg opening depending on the pants. I'm a size 9 in sneakers.

Back
Top Bottom