Dressing Better Vol 2.0

I think I'm rally just not a fan of unconstructed blazers. I don't think the fit is flattering. Seems like it gives most guys a more pear shaped appearance
speak more to what you mean by unconstructed vs. ?

I dont have the body type as you, im chubby ha ha. So I dont think I can go with a slim fit. I do want to look great on my wedding day though! All suggestions are appreciated

Recent pickups:

Meermin Dub Monk Snuff Rapello Suede
Flash:

No flash:

Alden Suede Tassel Loafer

Great pickups :smokin. Your suede game is ready for the summer :lol:

Nice pickups ShadyKay :nthat:

Storm, I think that color is fine for a spring/summer wedding, but I agree w/ Bama you might be outshining the groom and everyone if you went double breasted :lol: Does suit supply have a single breasted suit that color or a linen one? I really like that shade of blue/gray

Yeah, you and Bama made me realize that the double breast stands out. I have a grey glenplaid suit that I may wear instead. I'll just save that suit for another event in the summer months. Suit Supply has these similarly colored suits in a single breasted style:

Last edited:

Storm, I think that color is fine for a spring/summer wedding, but I agree w/ Bama you might be outshining the groom and everyone if you went double breasted :lol: Does suit supply have a single breasted suit that color or a linen one? I really like that shade of blue/gray

Frankly, I say who cares if you outshine the groom, that's the grooms problem for not dressing well enough, IMO. And yes I say that as someone who has been the groom and who didn't dress well to my wedding. The fact that you know how to put things together well and how things fit shouldn't keep you from wearing any type of suit. I would go with the DB still, do you, don't worry about the groom or anyone else. I already know; wedding come up in a few months that I'll probably be out dressing the groom not because I'm going to deliberately try too but because my suit will probably fit a lot better than his.

I'll be sure to like the page tonight Steezy

And I dont think it is a matter of dressing better than the groom.  It just seems you shouldnt be trying to attract attention to yourself, which is what a double breasted suit would do in my opinion.  Nothing wrong with a nice well fitting suit, but you should not be trying to stand out, gain attention/respect, which is how I view a double breast.

I think I'm rally just not a fan of unconstructed blazers. I don't think the fit is flattering. Seems like it gives most guys a more pear shaped appearance
speak more to what you mean by unconstructed vs. ?

I dont have the body type as you, im chubby ha ha. So I dont think I can go with a slim fit. I do want to look great on my wedding day though! All suggestions are appreciated

Unconstructed or unstructured blazers/sport coats are literally what they sound like. It's a blazer that doesn't have as much structure as a regular blazer because its made of lighter material and some of the inner components are ridden of that would give a regular blazer it's structure. Pretty simple.

I don't remember seeing it, but Brooks Brothers is having their friends and family sale right now through 5/11.

Use code FNFBB6 for an extra 25% off the site.

I don't remember seeing it, but Brooks Brothers is having their friends and family sale right now through 5/11.

Use code FNFBB6 for an extra 25% off the site.

Posted a few pages ago, but its all good.

I heard BB is having their corporate discount coming up soon (30% off)....I must resist!

Of all of my dress shirts, BB Extra Slim Fit are perfect for me.

:rolleyes

has anyone bought Suits from Suit Supply?

Pros/Cons?

they look like they have some good articles written about them for their quality and price.

The only downfall would be having to find a local tailor I suppose

Unconstructed or unstructured blazers/sport coats are literally what they sound like. It's a blazer that doesn't have as much structure as a regular blazer because its made of lighter material and some of the inner components are ridden of that would give a regular blazer it's structure. Pretty simple.
what confused me was the link I posted, didnt look "unstructured" to my eyes, so I was trying to figure out what Adrian was saying.

thanks for the additonal information

I've been waiting for the next corp disc for BB.

Those bucks look nice too, gonna try to squeeze them into my budget before the year is over.

has anyone bought Suits from Suit Supply?

Pros/Cons?

they look like they have some good articles written about them for their quality and price.

The only downfall would be having to find a local tailor I suppose

This gets asked every few pages. Since it appears they're growing and getting more publicity, maybe we should add something to Adrian's first post regarding the quality and fit of Suit Supply. Regardless here is what was said when the question was asked 5 days ago:

Anyone ever gotten a Suit from Suit Supply? If so any reviews?

Yeah, the one I posted about 10pages back is from there....for the price I don't think there is a better value, quality is fantastic. If you're in Chi, Philly, DC, ATL, or NY they've got stores open and I've heard good things about the in store experience too. I ordered the Napoli fit online and there's hardly reason to get tailoring done

Anyone ever gotten a Suit from Suit Supply? If so any reviews?

If you search within the thread, you can find a lot of info on Suit Supply (a lot from me :lol:). But as I've said in the past, I swear by them. It's even better if you live in one of the areas that LyonBC mentioned because the staff is super helpful and they do on-site tailoring at extremely reasonable rates and make sure that the suit fits the way you like. In-stores they'll also often have items that are sold out online (therefore not even on the website). I'm also not sure of your build but they have various cuts that compliment different body cuts with their Washington/Washington Half being the slimmest (not quiet sure which is their fullest cut).

what confused me was the link I posted, didnt look "unstructured" to my eyes, so I was trying to figure out what Adrian was saying.

Uhhh...well... That's not Adrian, that's Rob. And his post wasn't even referring to you. :lol:

Uhhh...well... That's not Adrian, that's Rob. And his post wasn't even referring
to you. :lol:

:lol: This guy is all sorts of confused

Per Putthison.com

Two Sample Sales

For our readers in New York City, J Press is holding a sample sale starting today until May 10th. The event is being held at the 29th floor of 530 7th Avenue and doors are open from 11am until 6pm.

Unfortunately, there aren’t any Shaggy Dog sweaters available (bummer) but a friend of mine who went reports seeing ties for $15 (including the knit ones you see above), shirts for $35-45, and sport coats and pants being discounted by 70%.

Speaking of sample sales, Ovadia & Sons will also be holding a sample sale next week. Theirs will be on Friday, May 17th from 9am until 4pm, and Sunday, May 19th from 11am until 5pm (two days only). The event will be held at 155 Wooster Street, Suite 4R in New York City.

Frankly, I say who cares if you outshine the groom, that's the grooms problem for not dressing well enough, IMO. And yes I say that as someone who has been the groom and who didn't dress well to my wedding. The fact that you know how to put things together well and how things fit shouldn't keep you from wearing any type of suit. I would go with the DB still, do you, don't worry about the groom or anyone else. I already know; wedding come up in a few months that I'll probably be out dressing the groom not because I'm going to deliberately try too but because my suit will probably fit a lot better than his.

:lol: I feel you on that, I just think it kinda brings undue attention wearing DB suits....maybe thats just how I look at them but they are much more "loud" to me, like I wouldn't wear a DB suit to a function I could wear a single breasted one for, aside from maybe a fashion event. I know that they're supposed to be kinda interchangable but I like single breasted suits a lot better...plus you can still look great and have an awesome fit better than 98% of the people probably with a single vs a DB, and it won't draw as many eyes and attention to you since everyone else will have a similar style suit or tux on.

Some of those other options Storm posted are piff though, I just don't really like DB suits that much I guess :lol:

Anyone in L.A. know a good place to be sized?

After storm posted those pictures I think I might cop off suit supply.

Back
Top Bottom