Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Thanks for the suggestion, I just wanted to see if I could try another color other than white but I might go with it if I have no other choice.

i don't know if its me or not, but tapered pants/jeans looks fine on people with smaller feet. for bigger feet i just think of ronald mcdonald.

You can pull it off with some sleeker and low profile shoes and use colors to coordinate and make the shoes look smaller than they appear. For example, black trousers with black shoes will make bigger shoes less noticeable.

Also, NBA players usually all have huge feet but most of these guys are pulling it off with slim suits and tapered trousers.
23hr3pc.jpg
xkn6hk.jpg

You can see in these two Wade pics that choosing the type of shoe could make you feet too big for the tapered pants but the right one can work well.
rkvst1.jpg
nco1g7.jpg

I have an internship starting up. Went to Macy's a couple of jackets on sale. Unfortunately, I'm a size 41 which is basically nonexistent :lol: :smh: Had to go up a size and have it tailored.
Was able to some Black Brown slim fit dress shirts with a spread collar on sale for a good price at Lord & Taylor's.
Looking to get a brown wingtip pair of shoes next

^ Only complaint I have about that, and it bugs the **** outta me, is that he's not wearing a belt :lol: Other than that, solid A.

You bros got any suggestions for skinny jeans with a tapered leg? Thinking something between Levis 511 and 520 tapered, or a more tapered 511.

You could buy 511s and get them more tapered

Was discussion with KSteezy about the evolution to a more sporty style and low and behold, NY Fashion Week has Nikes on the runway.

Antonio Azzuolo:
jt79r5.jpg

123xs7b.jpg

212ergj.jpg

1gr41h.jpg

2mphr3r.jpg

35chf74.jpg

2v0mpv8.jpg

33k4v35.jpg

That's a pretty bold statement. Is this due to styleforum love? Pretty hard to judge.
I had a pair of shoes from Kent. I have a pair of C&J Tetbury, which is from the bench line. I also have 3-4 pairs of C&J shoes from their hand grade line. This is how I was able to judge.

When you have 20+ pairs of shoes from various makers of that typically run $500+, you can tell the difference in quality. Kent's shoes are not on the upper level as Lobb or Green, but for what they cost, they are a great value.

Last edited:
Thanks for the suggestion, I just wanted to see if I could try another color other than white but I might go with it if I have no other choice.

If you don't want to do white, I'd say try to stay away from light blue as well, something about it, to me, being blue as well. Not saying it won't work but I assume that you are trying to stay away from blue on blue on blue. I would suggest a lavender shirt, a light lavender with either a navy, gray or charcoal tie.

You bros got any suggestions for skinny jeans with a tapered leg? Thinking something between Levis 511 and 520 tapered, or a more tapered 511.

You could buy 511s and get them more tapered
That's an option, too. Might go that route if I cant find something.

And thanks RFX for the coupon, but I can get 511s cheaper through my work :\

Thanks for the reply, Grizzlybro

That Del Toro pair is awesome, but I guess I really just want all red chukkas.
Like alllll red. Been finding nothing but white midsoles

Any infoooo brewsss

Went to Sears, yes Sears, to look at the Lands End section. Pretty decent stuff. Few Pics. They had and additional 50% off clearance and 25% off everything else.

If you don't want to do white, I'd say try to stay away from light blue as well, something about it, to me, being blue as well. Not saying it won't work but I assume that you are trying to stay away from blue on blue on blue. I would suggest a lavender shirt, a light lavender with either a navy, gray or charcoal tie.

What if I decided to go with black shoes/belt instead with the navy pants?

What if I decided to go with black shoes/belt instead with the navy pants?
You can always do a nice light purple or chambray shirt.

Last edited:
For what occasion is it for again? Sorry if I missed it. Also, do you happen to have a jacket, either a blazer or bomber or coat/light coat you could wear? Because a trouser + shirt + tie is always going to look like it is missing something unless you're going for a very casual thing where you roll up your sleeves and open up your collar with a loose tie look. Kind of like a sloppy-dressy-casual-after-work-kick-back-look.

Lol, well I'm just heading to Vegas and I wanted to throw something together real quick with navy pants. And it's gonna be pretty hot so I don't think I'll be bringing a coat or jacket with me.

Career Fair at school today. Picked up these Cole Haan's for $90. :D
And I picked up the pants last night and hadn't gotten a chance to get them tailored.
So i cuffed them in and taped them to the inside. Looked okay unless you took a close look.

Grizzlyboy: Land's End Canvas is really trying to compete with LL Bean Signature, and I think they're doing a pretty decent job. I checked out the LEC shop at the Sears near me over the summer and got some slim trunks for the beach for pretty cheap. I remember seeing some shirts that were nice as well. One of the last places I expected to find some nice-fitting clothing is Sears :lol:

I was wondering if anybody could help me. I cleaned My black clark desert boots with suede cleaner from footlocker (yes i know SMFH at me) and it has a weird grey/dried up look ashy if you will. Where i brushed it with the product on top of the boots its pretty visible is there any way to fix that??? Thanks .

Last edited:
Heh I learned that if my desert boots get dirty its best not to use any cleaner and to just use a medium/soft brush. If that doesn't work just let it be, adds character . I ruined my Sand colored pair in one of the most embarrassing ways possible  
laugh.gif
 I was doing the deed with my gf at the time and my boots were still on....when we were done I took the jimmy hat off and BAMB spilt all over one of my boots.

I tried all kinds of cleaners to fix them and got the same hard/dried look. Ended up using a lightly wet cap brush to brush the hard part, then let it dry overnight. dry brushed again the next day and they came out better but still not so great.

Last edited:
My Sand Clarks DBs have gone through hell and back, literally red punch spilled on them (college!..yeah.) and all kinds of gross stuff. I've managed to keep them decent by using a suede kit I got at Nordstrom. It's essentially an eraser and a brush with stiff bristles. The red tint is mostly gone now but I usually leave most of the dirt on the toes to give them character.

7984480905_63d88f2d5b_z.jpg

4 years old and still kickin!

thats why you buy the beeswax and not the suede

your kids would have just beaded off them joints

I was wondering if anybody could help me. I cleaned My black clark desert boots with suede cleaner from footlocker (yes i know SMFH at me) and it has a weird grey/dried up look ashy if you will. Where i brushed it with the product on top of the boots its pretty visible is there any way to fix that??? Thanks .

you might wanna look into re-dyeing them. use fiebing's suede and roughout dye

http://www.shoecaresupplies.com/product_p/fiebings-suede.htm

Back
Top Bottom