Dressing Better Vol 2.0

not sure if im following....like a DB thread lookbook ?
it would be cool if we were all in the same area, we can get together, ill shoot all you guys in different fits and we can make an actual catalog :lol: sell and profit.....who knows it may catch on next thing you know we MADE IT! :rofl:
how many of y'all in the NY/NJ area. i know im down to do a meet up steezy :nerd:

Any insight on the 484 fit from J.Crew? Anything it can be compared to?

probably the 511's the 484 fit is probably the best fit Jcrew offers for people looking into slimmer pants.

these are my 484's only pair of pants i never felt i had to get tailored.
5652315713_b3998167b7_b.jpg

Thanks again,I like slim fit,straight leg,with a low rise and the sun faded chinos in 484 fit are calling my name...

Sup guys, going to a wedding in a couple weeks and want to get your opinions on what shirt and tie to get to match with what I have now. As of now, I have some dark charcoal almost black dress pants and a pair of British Tan Cole Haans. Open to any ideas and any help would be appricated.
szeyk6.jpg

2rv4n.jpg

2jesoit.jpg

can you get the jacket to match??....i know most don't agree with black (the pants look black) with brown shoes but i think it works...i would just get the pants tapered get the matching jacket, a white shirt and maybe a burgundy tie, make sure your belt matches your shoes too.....keep it simple.

perhaps something like this

Last edited:
it looks like jcrews new upcoming line of suits, blazers and sport coats feature a wider lapel? or is that just my mind playing tricks on me..im referring to the picture posted a page or two back...i personally like a more conservative lapel..looks cleaner imo..The ludlows have a good width on their lapels too..

it looks like jcrews new upcoming line of suits, blazers and sport coats feature a wider lapel? or is that just my mind playing tricks on me..im referring to the picture posted a page or two back...i personally like a more conservative lapel..looks cleaner imo..The ludlows have a good width on their lapels too..

yup they seem a bit wider....

came across this on google, such a clean look :smokin

^ Only complaint I have about that, and it bugs the **** outta me, is that he's not wearing a belt :lol: Other than that, solid A.

You bros got any suggestions for skinny jeans with a tapered leg? Thinking something between Levis 511 and 520 tapered, or a more tapered 511.

^ Only complaint I have about that, and it bugs the **** outta me, is that he's not wearing a belt :lol: Other than that, solid A.
You bros got any suggestions for skinny jeans with a tapered leg? Thinking something between Levis 511 and 520 tapered, or a more tapered 511.

as previously stated, give the 484's a try bro!

For sure. Anything a little... cheaper? :lol: Struggling student with a retail job here. I'm definitely hitting up JCrew after work tomorrow though, see what they have in store and maybe flex this student discount if I find something in my price range.

For sure. Anything a little... cheaper? :lol: Struggling student with a retail job here. I'm definitely hitting up JCrew after work tomorrow though, see what they have in store and maybe flex this student discount if I find something in my price range.

gap's skinny fit is pretty good and nicely tapered.

6855981046_0a21b8b2d6_b.jpg

actually pretty similar to the 484's i posted above, except the 484's seem to be heavier, whicc i prefer.

Cool cool. Sounds like I've got some options to check out now. Thank you, sir. And repped.

This deal still works, 511 jeans comes out to $35 before tax & shipping and they have a lot of selection iirc.

Just a heads up, Macys has 25% off Levis 511 trousers (and jeans too) and if you use the code VIP it'll take another 20% off and it come to about $36 each. Not bad at all.

i don't know if its me or not, but tapered pants/jeans looks fine on people with smaller feet. for bigger feet i just think of ronald mcdonald.

Hey guys I need some help on what color shirt/tie I can wear with navy slacks and dark brown shoes/belt. I'm thinking that a light blue shirt could work but I can't really think of anything else at the moment. Any suggestions? Thanks

Hey guys I need some help on what color shirt/tie I can wear with navy slacks and dark brown shoes/belt. I'm thinking that a light blue shirt could work but I can't really think of anything else at the moment. Any suggestions? Thanks
go white shirt and literally any tie except for black. id rock with a striped or polka dot joint. color wise, whatever you please fam

Back
Top Bottom