Dressing Better Vol 2.0

My dressing better shoes: front row are Allen Edmonds, second row Cole Haan, rest are random.  What should I get next, any essentials?

My dressing better shoes: front row are Allen Edmonds, second row Cole Haan, rest are random.  What should I get next, any essentials?

I laughed at your question lol, my dude I think you have all the essentials. Awesome just awesome line up man!

The only thing I could possible suggest is some darker brown loafers and dark brown double monks but honestly even without that what you have is great!

Last edited:
Size 42 for $235.
RevolveClothing also used to give 30% off first orders (might be 15% off these days), just contact them before or after you place the order.
So if you want to just get 30% off (or 15% off, whatever they are giving these days), here's some Achilles Lows & Achilles Hi's.

Already used that 30%. And I'm a size 46 so it's hard enough finding them in that size let alone finding them on sale

Damn homie :lol: It's definitely not that bad....there's just a few minor things that would make it fit perfectly on him. Lowering the tie bar, and cinching the tie up all the way with a narrower tie knot (maybe Four-in-Hand) and having the sides of the shirt taken in and it'd be really good. I agree the shoes are a nice touch with the red sole...I've seen wayyyyyyyyy worse outfits worn by people thinking they were dressing great, this is a solid fit. And I'm willing to bet majority of the dudes working with him wouldn't have noticed anything we are pointing out :smokin nice job man
@Steezy I know you and a few other guys were talking about "sweat-shorts" a couple pages back...I was at Target today and saw Mossimo has them in a bunch of colors with a small or no logo (blue, black, olive green, tan-yellow, red) It's not really my thing but I thought I'd point it out for anyone who would be interested....oh and they were 30% off too
r935n4.jpg

I deducted a letter grade for wearing a tie and buttoning the top button. Thats just common sense.

I deducted a letter grade for the for the sloppy sleeve roll with a neat semi neat tie. I didnt know if he was going for the fresh to work look or the tired from a long days work look.

Surely could not give a C due to the other flaws.

These are minimal mistakes but they count big, sorta like forgetting its a negative number and not a positive.

The math can be correct but the end result will be wrong.

Last edited:
Already used that 30%. And I'm a size 46 so it's hard enough finding them in that size let alone finding them on sale

Use or create a new email. They don't care if the shipping address is the same. I used that 30% off discount like 5 times already. :lol:

I think it is in-store only, correct me if I'm wrong.
:nerd:

i think you are right, since they gotta see your school ID to put it in, however i think you can have them order online from the store and they'll be able to put in whatever code necessary to get you the discount.....but you have to personally be there with your school ID

I think it is in-store only, correct me if I'm wrong.
:nerd:
That is correct. You need to go in-store. What I do now that I have relationships with a couple of SAs is I just call them. I would say something like "hey Karen, I want to place an order for item number 12324". She would place the order for me without me having to step in. Every now and then, they will also hook it up with express shipping for me as well.

I just started my first postgrad 9-5 and I want to replace my backpack to look a bit more grown-up. Is there a better bag out there for $60? I know about Herschel and quality, but for what I will be using it for (a notebook portfolio, kindle, ipod, headphones, maybe a snack or light lunch), it will get the job done.

H1216801OSBLK-HERSCHEL-1.JPG

Anyone ever use the personal stylist at jcrew? I have a 20% off discount card that I want to use but It only applies if I use the personal stylist service and spend $250+. Id rather just get in and get out as the jcrew at south coast plaza is always packed. 

Anyone ever use the personal stylist at jcrew? I have a 20% off discount card that I want to use but It only applies if I use the personal stylist service and spend $250+. Id rather just get in and get out as the jcrew at south coast plaza is always packed. 
It's a part of their expanding CRM (Customer Relationship Management) program. I would utilize it, my man. Not that you may need styling tips, but to build relationship with the SA. It can help you in the future where he/she will use a discount on a product that is not normally discounted because you are his/her clientele.

I would make the appointment, but state up front that you only have 30 mins or whatever it is to spare.

The discount is to get you to come in and acquainted with their staff so you don't feel like an "outsider" the next time you walk in the store.

I just started my first postgrad 9-5 and I want to replace my backpack to look a bit more grown-up. Is there a better bag out there for $60? I know about Herschel and quality, but for what I will be using it for (a notebook portfolio, kindle, ipod, headphones, maybe a snack or light lunch), it will get the job done.
Looks good to me. I don't even have a bag to bring to work :lol: I leave everything there. The only thing I bring to work is a snack bag.

It should serve you well.

Transitioning away from my North Face backpack since all I really need now is my Macbook and a binder for some patient stuff. Where did you find this for $60? Any other recommendations for sling bags (if that's what you call them)? Around $60 is a good price, I'm still a grad student, don't get much loan money to burn lol.

An idea.

For the first page can we set up some type of "essentials" or starter kit/guide for those trying to get into the dressing better movement?

Like 5 outfits, that can be mix and matched, affordable, flexible. maybe for 4 different season resulting in 20 outfits?

incoporating as many dual purpose/reversible items as possible

staples

With pictures.

Example.

fall

Day 1
over coat/trench
navy suit
white Dress Shirt
Dress Shoes
dressy belt
tie
tie bar
belt
pocket square
simple watch

Day 2
cardigan/shawl/vneck sweater
chambray/oxford/gingham
white vneck tshirt
brown belt
Khaki/Chino
desert boots

Day 3
blue Jeans
Jack purcell/chuck taylors

etc,,,,,

An idea.
For the first page can we set up some type of "essentials" or starter kit/guide for those trying to get into the dressing better movement?
Like 5 outfits, that can be mix and matched, affordable, flexible. maybe for 4 different season resulting in 20 outfits?
incoporating as many dual purpose/reversible items as possible
staples
With pictures.
Example.
fall
Day 1
over coat/trench
navy suit
white Dress Shirt
Dress Shoes
dressy belt
tie
tie bar
belt
pocket square
simple watch
Day 2
cardigan/shawl/vneck sweater
chambray/oxford/gingham
white vneck tshirt
brown belt
Khaki/Chino
desert boots
Day 3
blue Jeans
Jack purcell/chuck taylors
etc,,,,,

not sure if im following....like a DB thread lookbook ?

it would be cool if we were all in the same area, we can get together, ill shoot all you guys in different fits and we can make an actual catalog :lol: sell and profit.....who knows it may catch on next thing you know we MADE IT! :rofl:

I dunno, i think it would be cool and promote discussion. we could do it like once a season. 5 outfits.

Back
Top Bottom