Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Any other fan of sweatshorts in here?...I would wear these everyday if I could....
Got them on sale at A&F for like 25$

If its not appropriate for the thread feel free to let me know, I know is not a pair of chinos or a suit, just trying to display how what I believe to be proper fit can make a difference no matter what you wear....I know the majority of us out there ain't Beraqueezing it to the corner store :wink:

This fit is great for the occasional errand , only complaint the obnoxious "AF" that covers half of the shorts :tongue:

exactly what I was thinking. That logo :smh:

Last edited:
I'm looking for something new to wear on my feet when I go out....I'm in college so I just need something that works with button downs and dark jeans pretty much for bars and what not.

I'm over air maxes I have, but don't know really what else to look at...
INB4 desert boots.

Get some desert boots.

:lol: First thing that came to my mind too....but seriously I'd go with some desert boots, beeswax specifically

:lol: First thing that came to my mind too....but seriously I'd go with some desert boots, beeswax specifically
\

Nah but really, desert boots are what you need. My cousin that is in college was talking to me the other day saying how a girl was saying how she really liked his style because all the guys just wear "sneakers or boat shoes". Desert boots will set you apart and keep you looking fresh.

Any other fan of sweatshorts in here?...I would wear these everyday if I could....
Got them on sale at A&F for like 25$

If its not appropriate for the thread feel free to let me know, I know is not a pair of chinos or a suit, just trying to display how what I believe to be proper fit can make a difference no matter what you wear....I know the majority of us out there ain't Beraqueezing it to the corner store :wink:

This fit is great for the occasional errand , only complaint the obnoxious "AF" that covers half of the shorts :tongue:

exactly what I was thinking. That logo :smh:

It sucks because i say this about a lot of the popular brands. Abercrombie fits me incredibly well being slim tall and athletic build. But i hate that they plaster the logo on everything even button-downs. What i would give for them to launch a line with no logo. Good quality stuff and their clearance sales are usually decent.

laugh.gif
First thing that came to my mind too....but seriously I'd go with some desert boots, beeswax specifically
Beeswax or sand.

Sand after it gets worn down and dirty a bit looks really good, gives the shoe a lot of character.

Beeswax or sand.

Sand after it gets worn down and dirty a bit looks really good, gives the shoe a lot of character.
+1. My first 4 pairs of shoes after my sneaker days were DBs in beeswax, brown, black, and sand. DBs are very versatile shoes that can be dressed up or down. I always recommend these shoes as the starting point for someone who is in the transitional stage.

RE: Secret Santa

Here's the guideline I cooked up:

Deadline for participants to join the Dressing Better Secret Santa Activity is 12AM Pacific Standard Time on Saturday, November 3rd, 2012.

To participate, send a personal message to: http://niketalk.comhttps://niketalk.com/members/24165" in trousers, 5'10'' at 150 lbs
Any particular items interested (if applicable): ie looking for sweaters, gloves, etc.

Rules:

1. All participants must be active users in this thread. This does not mean users have to necessary be contributors. Any and all members who are involved in one way or another can join.. This rule was agreed upon to keep unwanted users from taking advantage of the activity.
2. Gift(s) must be in the $50-75 price range, excluding tax. If possible, please include a gift receipt in the event the recipient needs to make an exchange.
3. Please ensure that the gift(s) will reach the recipient by Christmas time. This means you should probably send your gift out earlier than 2 days before Christmas.
4. Upon the completion of the program, users are encouraged to post their gift, and an outfit picture if possible.

We are confidence that the program will be a success due to the nature of the users regularly involved in this thread. However, if there should be any fraudulent activities where a user does not send out a gift, Niketalk administrators and moderators will be notified.

Have any of you guys had any experience with waxing your own garments?  I ordered this tonight, i'm gonna test it out soon

Funni you asked this I actuall did a pair of black denim and it looked terrible. I ended up ironing them. They are waterproof now tho.
anyone do this on khaki, camo shorts with pockets?

I'm really only interested in this so the camo print is a little more "vivid"

Last edited:
So I was in the same predicament you are in about a year back, and honestly everything everyone has said so far, is really really great advice. Like ksteezy mentioned, check my post on thestyleblogger; just click herehttp://www.thestyleblogger.com/1245...ps-for-heavier-guys-featuring-sergio-arteaga/. and look at the looks I'm wearing. Yes that is me and that is all my own clothing.
Like many have stated, it is all about fit. Just looking at the pictures you posted, I am assuming your shirts are about 1-2 sizes too big. Notice that in none of the looks I have on, the shirts are overly loose but neither are overly tight. Your shirts just be roomy enough to move but nothing too small that you feel you're going to pop a seam. Your pants are way too big for you. Get your pants hemmed and tapered as it was already suggested. It's not about trying to make yourself look smaller, it's about making yourself look the size you are. Not to mention my feature, but notice my dress pants tend to not be overly roomy in the leg and don't have puddling of fabric because of them being too long.
If you're on a budget checkout my blog as well. Honestly, depending on your neck size, you may be able to find pretty nice shirts at places like Marshall's, TJ Maxx or Ross (if you have one nearby), for $10-15. I'd even say try Target's Medona dress shirts, I personally have 2 of their shirts and I really like them, granted I had to get them taken in due to dropping some weight. Your undershirts, go v-neck when not wearing a tie, not going to lie I wear crewnecks here and there but usually it's when I'm wearing a tie since the shirt wont show.
First keep it simple, start by not wearing any squared toe dress shoes, lace up or loafer. Squared toe dress shoes only make your feet look wider and therefore only adding width to your frame. You don't have to spend an arm and a leg either for some nice simple dress shoes. My suggestion is next time you go to JCPenney to check these out, they also come in black I believe. For $60 each it's a great investment and will make your outfits look even better. You want a shoe that matches the natural shape of your foot, not one that makes them look square.
I hope this helps and please don't hesitate to ask more questions or PM any of us.
Thanks for the shout-out ksteezy!
I'm on-board with the $50-75 idea and the list. I already have in mind what I'll probably end up getting for some people; based on who will likely participate.

just wanted to thank Ksteezy, eddi, and the rest of the NT fam for getting me started...I already copy and pasted our whol convo so when i go into the stores 'm ready and know what questions to ask.

+1. My first 4 pairs of shoes after my sneaker days were DBs in beeswax, brown, black, and sand. DBs are very versatile shoes that can be dressed up or down. I always recommend these shoes as the starting point for someone who is in the transitional stage.
Deadline for participants to join the Dressing Better Secret Santa Activity is 12AM Pacific Standard Time on Saturday, November 3rd, 2012.
To participate, send a personal message to: http://niketalk.comhttps://niketalk.com/members/24165" in trousers, 5'10'' at 150 lbs
Any particular items interested (if applicable): ie looking for sweaters, gloves, etc.
Rules:
1. All participants must be active users in this thread. This does not mean users have to necessary be contributors. Any and all members who are involved in one way or another can join.. This rule was agreed upon to keep unwanted users from taking advantage of the activity.
2. Gift(s) must be in the $50-75 price range, excluding tax. If possible, please include a gift receipt in the event the recipient needs to make an exchange.
3. Please ensure that the gift(s) will reach the recipient by Christmas time. This means you should probably send your gift out earlier than 2 days before Christmas.
4. Upon the completion of the program, users are encouraged to post their gift, and an outfit picture if possible.
We are confidence that the program will be a success due to the nature of the users regularly involved in this thread. However, if there should be any fraudulent activities where a user does not send out a gift, Niketalk administrators and moderators will be notified.

Awesome, just PMed him.

just wanted to thank Ksteezy, eddi, and the rest of the NT fam for getting me started...I already copy and pasted our whol convo so when i go into the stores 'm ready and know what questions to ask.

Awesome!...you are welcome bro

Btw thanks for ironing out the details Wj If I can I'll probably go over the limit, I'm sure that's fine with you guys right?....I don't really have a huge family to gift, would be nice to take care of someone from the DB thread :smile:

Btw thanks for ironing out the details Wj If I can I'll probably go over the limit, I'm sure that's fine with you guys right?....I don't really have a huge family to gift, would be nice to take care of someone from the DB thread :smile:

don't know if i'm qualified for the secret santa but we will see where my swag as by then, lol

Yes you can spend more than $75 on me :D

I'm looking for something new to wear on my feet when I go out....I'm in college so I just need something that works with button downs and dark jeans pretty much for bars and what not.

I'm over air maxes I have, but don't know really what else to look at...

Budget?

Beeswax or sand.

I cannot stress enough how versitale this shoe is! from jeans to khakis, tee's to shirt's they just seem to flow extremely well no matter how you wear them. I wish I would have gotten some sooner!

Last edited:
Beeswax or sand.

Rules:

tumblr_m7ldnuKPPa1qmoxb9.gif

Awesome,I'm in!

let me know what you guys think....love the tips and suggestions being passed on by everyone, good stuff..please excuse the cellphone pics

let me know what you guys think....love the tips and suggestions being passed on by everyone, good stuff..please excuse the cellphone pics
Not bad. Main improvement you could make would be to find a shirt that is less billowy on the sides and I presume in the back or have a tailor take that one in. Even if you don't consider yourself slim, most slim fit shirts are for the average man. Traditional seem to be to accomodate a gut or muffin top. A smaller knot particularly with that collar would look better, this is nitpicking but shorten the length of the tie slightly (it might because it and the collar are loosened).

A few things on my Fall wishlist:
J.Crew Ludlow Tweed Sportcoat:

Aldo Mr. B's

What you bros think?

I don't know about the quality of those boots. However, doesn't J.Crew offer a snuff suede pair of Alden plain toe boots on a crepe sole as well? You could get the Alden's with a student discount if it isn't out of your budget.

Back
Top Bottom