Dressing Better Vol 2.0

So no one got a hold of the Odin x Target Duffle?
Managed to put one on hold and pick it up yesterday after locating it online.  very very few targets got any and out of those who did, they only got one in their inventory.  love the size of it. imo thought the herschel novel was too big for a weekender (maybe it was cause i looked small carrying it).  as for the quality, nothing much to expect but for $40 pretty pleased with the purchase overall.  gonna be using it when i fly back home thursday 
pimp.gif
 ill try and post pics later

A few more that I like. Think I'm going to get one of the S.N.S ones you posted and one of these. Probably the Rag & Bone one

Folk

NN.07

Rag & Bone

Acne

Hentsch Man

Stephan Schneider makes nice knits too.
sff8d2.jpg

My cheap go to sweaters/knits are Vince though. They often go on sale at deep discount and I just love how they fit.
I still love and use my peacoat sweater all the time when its cold.
muzvyg.jpg

Its great to hear another person who loves thrift stores. I go a least 3-4 times a week. My granny passed 2 years ago and she was an avid thrifter.

Right on, man! Carry on the tradition for your grandma!

I'd say about 3/4 of my wardrobe came from thrift stores. I can't believe some of the stuff I find. Like those Edward Green shoes I posted a few pages back. Who decides to get rid of those? That is beyond me, but i'll take them!

It's a no-brainer for me. You can put together some great outfits for very cheap. Nobody has to know my Canali sweater cost me $10 8) It does take time though, you certainly have to be willing to accept some disappointing trips. I guess that is where some people get turned off.

Going for pants that fit like this :lol:
bruce-lee-red-track-suit.jpg

:pimp: I like that fit.

10 piece I told you the spot because I know you are from the area....I just happened to go to haiku one night for dinner and they had flyknits on the window, the next day I go to buy them, FSR!....both racers, white and blue trainers.

Thanks for the info and link on the Y3, I might consider it.

The others are borderline leggings, not really feeling it.

This Balmain is nice but $550! Ouch!
35c31bb.jpg

2qsnfo3.jpg

33upo4o.jpg

10o2s74.jpg

But in all seriousness, specific budget?
Like you stated, SNS Herning are a great bang for your buck. I got one 2 years ago, and picked up two more pieces last year.

The brown shawl piece gets a lot of compliments and weird stares :lol:

Had no idea sweatpants/shorts and what appears more like sporting apparel is hitting big now...those sweats posted are sweet.

It seems to be a continuous transition or evolution from the upscale loungewear from a few years back to sportwear. It doesn't hurt that being active/healthy is also becoming more popular for the most part. You can also see this in high-end sneakers, some are really gravitating towards running shoe style (which if isn't styles after Nike just looks terrible to me). Lots already had a bunch of classic Nike running shoes or New Balance look-a-likes for a few years now.

Raf Simons sneaker collection for FW12 are these:
35i7wi0.jpg

And LV has been coming out with New Balance look-a-likes for years, even got sued by NB for it a few years back.
And this season this is what they have to offer:
b8r1c4.jpg

And Rick Owens most popular sneakers are nicknamed "dunks" for a reason:
2148io2.jpg

Some of Rick Owens clothes can actually be defined as goth gym clothes, lots of sweats and sportswear material. Heck Rick Owens himself goes to the gym wearing his own clothes and shoes, he is a gym nut.

Last edited:
pimp.gif
I like that fit.
10 piece I told you the spot because I know you are from the area....I just happened to go to haiku one night for dinner and they had flyknits on the window, the next day I go to buy them, FSR!....both racers, white and blue trainers.
Yeah I meant make a trip to that spot youre talking about not Niketown. Hows Haiku for dinner anyway real quick, dont wanna deter from the topic too much.

So no one got a hold of the Odin x Target Duffle?
Managed to put one on hold and pick it up yesterday, after locating it online.  very very few targets got any and out of those who did, they only had one in their inventory.  anyways think its the perfect size for a weekender.  imo think the herschel novel is too big (maybe cause it made me look tiny when i carried it)  other than that, quality wise not too bad for $40.  gonna be using it when i fly back home thursday 
pimp.gif
 ill try and post pics later

Wow. I like all of those. Thanks man. Any idea on how they fit?

I just remembered I bought this one last year. It's cotton, I want a wool one now though. Also don't really like how see through it is.

I hope the hanger was just for the pic.
Yeah, not a good idea otherwise. It may be, I guess you can call it an open or wide weave, but having that sweater on the hanger is stretching it out like crazy.

Its great to hear another person who loves thrift stores. I go a least 3-4 times a week. My granny passed 2 years ago and she was an avid thrifter.

Right on, man! Carry on the tradition for your grandma!

I'd say about 3/4 of my wardrobe came from thrift stores. I can't believe some of the stuff I find. Like those Edward Green shoes I posted a few pages back. Who decides to get rid of those? That is beyond me, but i'll take them!

It's a no-brainer for me. You can put together some great outfits for very cheap. Nobody has to know my Canali sweater cost me $10 8) It does take time though, you certainly have to be willing to accept some disappointing trips. I guess that is where some people get turned off.
Yes. Patience is key. And when you see something, BUY IT.:lol:

I've always wanted to go to my local salvation army but besides my wife being completely against used clothing, I'm always wary of being judged. I know it may sound silly but being Hispanic and one of the few Hispanics where I live I don't want to be judged as being the place I have to shop. I honestly want to find some ties, and hidden gems would be great too.

Any how, my wife is probably my biggest style influence as she's always been incredibly stylish, and like many of us know women have a thing for shoes. Got these for my wife as an early birthday present. One thing I do love about the higher end shoes are the shoe bags that come with them.

Where can I find this one, its not on their site or tbs. Also any idea how they fit?
SNS runs slim and long. Like a "|"...if that makes sense. I would stay TTS personally because though it may be slim or even tight it will eventually loosen up and somewhat conform to your body. The quality is nice, Looking forward to get a couple of more pieces this fall.

Any other fan of sweatshorts in here?...I would wear these everyday if I could....
Got them on sale at A&F for like 25$

If its not appropriate for the thread feel free to let me know, I know is not a pair of chinos or a suit, just trying to display how what I believe to be proper fit can make a difference no matter what you wear....I know the majority of us out there ain't Beraqueezing it to the corner store :wink:

This fit is great for the occasional errand , only complaint the obnoxious "AF" that covers half of the shorts :tongue:

Last edited:

I've always wanted to go to my local salvation army but besides my wife being completely against used clothing, I'm always wary of being judged. I know it may sound silly but being Hispanic and one of the few Hispanics where I live I don't want to be judged as being the place I have to shop. I honestly want to find some ties, and hidden gems would be great too.

Any how, my wife is probably my biggest style influence as she's always been incredibly stylish, and like many of us know women have a thing for shoes. Got these for my wife as an early birthday present. One thing I do love about the higher end shoes are the shoe bags that come with them.
Man I understand your worries about going to thrift stores. I felt the same way growing up. But as I have evolved my style I have learned that there are just some things I like to find pre-owned. Ties and Sportcoats/Blazers are what I currently look for. Don't work about it, incorporate it into your style and you will feel awesome.

Great gift for the wife. She will love them!

Back
Top Bottom