Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Speaking of thrifting I picked up this authentic Army jacket awhile back and I am close to

taking it to the tailor to get altered since I plan to wear it casually this fall/winter.

Besides slimming the sleeves can you guys suggest any fixes I should make?

Tell them you want the shoulders taken in and the waist cinched slightly. I always go to the tailor dress how I want the item to look. So wear a button up maybe and bring a sweater if you thought about layering it. This will help them get the fit right.

Salvation Army and Goodwill. It pays to go to thrift stores nearest to affluent neighborhoods. It makes sense because those folks have the better stuff.
Although it's not as if I walk out of the stores with great finds each time. For every good score I get, there are also disappointing trips mixed between.
I think thrift shopping is really fun, it has always been a part of my life in some way. My parents used to go and get me clothes since I would ruin new clothes too easily. Later on in high school I started shopping for vintage sneakers, and now for the past few years i've mainly been interested in finding menswear that I can put to use for years to come. Also if you find something good that is not your size you can always get it for ebay and make a few bucks.
Its great to hear another person who loves thrift stores. I go a least 3-4 times a week. My granny passed 2 years ago and she was an avid thrifter.

Plan on wearing this outfit.

• White shirt, sleeves rolled up.
  • Red bow tie
  • Navy blue slim chinos (?)

Now my question is, what color shoe should I wear with this? Kind of torn, I wonder what would look best.

Last edited:
I Believe you are correct, but I swear their fit is one of the best fitted shirts I've worn....hence why I recommend them
+1 on the fit 

I like banana's dress shirts a little better though, especially the slim fit non iron 
grin.gif

Express shirts just seem hit or miss to me in terms of quality. Several of mine have discolored pretty bad after just a few washes or have gotten strange shiny/metallic marks on them.

Anyone seen any interesting knitwear lately?

Upping my budget a bit this season and I want to get a knit sweater

Last edited:
it would help if you post a picture of yourself in your everyday work attire, it would help us formulate better advice bro....

here is a quick pic of me at a event

here is a quick pic of me at a event

you need to invest in some plain white v-neck undershirts. i can see the back print of your t-shirt through your dress shirt.

I'd actually say a heather gray V-neck would be better to not show through like a white one would with certain shirts....I'd get a smaller/more fitting one too since you don't want any extra billowing underneath. I bought some hanes ones for cheap and purposely dried them to shrink them a little bit

GQ did a feature on better fitting items for larger fellas a while back here's the link (its mainly suits but it could give you some good ideas): http://www.gq.com/how-to/fashion/200707/gq-primer-suit-your-shape-slideshow#slide=1

Here's Sarteaga's dope feature on Styleblogger too: http://www.thestyleblogger.com/1245...ps-for-heavier-guys-featuring-sergio-arteaga/

So no one got a hold of the Odin x Target Duffle?

i went to three targets, none of them carried them in store

the fair isle sweater wasn't the only piece that looked decent

I ended up ordering the Herschel Novel bag a couple weeks back but I was interested in checking that out too...I might hit up my Target and see what they have in stock from that collection

I'm reading the last several posts and the $50 was mentioned as limit and minimum...probably needs to get that cleared up. The list of regulars is a great idea to avoid any bad apples from joining. A wish list may also want to be considered, ie shirt size, pant size, etc. I included this because I took part in a secret santa for a car board like 4 years back. I knew the dude wanted some cool car toys so I got some super nice one from LIttle Tokyo, and in return I got a gift card to Starbucks :lol:

Also, a gift receipt should be included if possible in case it doesn't fit and the recipient needs to exchange. Sounds like the foundation is building up nicely here. :smile:

I'd definitely participate in something like this, great idea man....I hope I'd qualify as a fairly regular poster :lol: I'm gonna start posting more fits once it gets cooler though for sure. The 50-75$ range is a perfect spot for something like this, and we could start compiling the lists for measurements and whatnot on basic items like shoes, pants, shirts, etc. :smokin

Ohh ****, my dude 10piece!...I just realized you are under a different name, all this time I was wondering where the hell you went!
True that with the you can dress better with anything as long as the fit is on point. Them Fly Knits, need to cop a pair ASAP. I coudnt sign in with my 10 Piece name after the new NT came about.
ohwell.gif

Any other fan of sweatshorts in here?...I would wear these everyday if I could....
Got them on sale at A&F for like 25$

If its not appropriate for the thread feel free to let me know, I know is not a pair of chinos or a suit, just trying to display how what I believe to be proper fit can make a difference no matter what you wear....I know the majority of us out there ain't Beraqueezing it to the corner store :wink:

Not jelly of you anymore, I got my flyknits too.

9380678.bmp

Fit is good for running errands but that giant AF logo just looks terrible and that is coming from a guy who owns Gucci, LV, etc... But yeah, shorts, tech gear, etc... are becoming big right now and might be the next thing. It's a nice, simple and comfortable look that doesn't have to look bummy at all.

I really like this look right here. All Nikes minus the shorts which is some tech cargo shorts iirc.
2r55jxx.jpg

Y-MP40_V2.jpg

$255.00 :x

I want to own something like these to wear with my flyknits and for working out, what brand is it?
I wanted the Robert Geller flight pants but pretty much gone now, I wish I didn't pass up on it.
dcwi2t.jpg

Those Spurr tapered sweats someone posted before are the best looking slim sweats ive seen. That being said, not trying to spend $190 on it. Nike never released those sweats they gave to the medalists? Those are too nice.

:lol: I do like that bag though.
I'm thinking around 200 or 300

I never owned one (I think WJ4 has one) but everyone in SF loves SNS Herning. I admit, they do look good in pics.
v7tnnq.jpg

sw9vd0.jpg

30lzd5c.jpg

sfat91.jpg

2qjkfwo.jpg

2vnkwef.jpg

mijdkg.jpg

Y-MP40_V2.jpg

$255.00 :x

I want to own something like these to wear with my flyknits and for working out, what brand is it?
I wanted the Robert Geller flight pants but pretty much gone now, I wish I didn't pass up on it.
Y-3

http://www.revolveclothing.com/Brands.jsp?c=Pants&s=C&d=p&sc=Sweatpants

Dunno if these would be too tight.
large_dff519a5-053a-4a69-a163-2b267dad472f.jpeg

63457sza

63457szb

http://www.size.co.uk/product/adidas-originals-pb-fitted-track-pants/63451

large_e468f2b2-080b-42ab-880a-293cf55649b1.jpeg

http://fashionfinder.asos.com/mens-...as-originals-blue-slim-tip-track-pant-1162001

Last edited:
True that with the you can dress better with anything as long as the fit is on point. Them Fly Knits, need to cop a pair ASAP. I coudnt sign in with my 10 Piece name after the new NT came about. :\

Hit up te running store next door to Haiku in Bronxville fam.

RFX :lol: I totally agree with the logo, I hate huge branding, but the fit on them is extremely cozy fam....

Had no idea sweatpants/shorts and what appears more like sporting apparel is hitting big now...those sweats posted are sweet.

If you can afford to, why not set aside 1300$ as a budget to completely revamp your wardrobe?
Express has a buy 1 get 1 half off on their 1mx selections, stay away from the gaudy loud colors, keep it toned down, whites are important, go to Jcrew invest in at least two pairs of ludlow pants, you won't regret this, you can purchase the matching jackets later....get Navy and Charcoal to start off, that will run you about 700$ say six shirts 2 pants, invest in some Cole Haans, you can get a vet decent pair for 200$ get a dark brown pair and a black pair, that's about 1100$ then get a couple of ties off the Jcrew Factory online, you can get them for like 15$ each, a reversible belt from express and take the pants to get nicely tailored to your specs and you can rotate these clothes for a while, these can be your foundation, if all your shirts fit you like the above posted, is time to donate those bro....a mistake big guys make is buying clothes that for them big....like you are already big, don't give off te illusion to look bigger than you are, guaranteed you get your pants and shirt to fit you right, you'll look 25lbs lighter.

2w6wej8.jpg
:frown:

Wow. I like all of those. Thanks man. Any idea on how they fit?
I just remembered I bought this one last year. It's cotton, I want a wool one now though. Also don't really like how see through it is.

Hit up te running store next door to Haiku in Bronxville fam.
RFX
laugh.gif
I totally agree with the logo, I hate huge branding, but the fit on them is extremely cozy fam....
My dude...everyone dislikes the brand but the comfort of A&F clothing is unreal.
laugh.gif
Their boxer briefs >>>>>>>>>>

Really? Hmmm....Ive only seen Fly Knits at Niketown...might make a trip down over there...

Back
Top Bottom