Dressing Better Vol 2.0

haha much inspiration from you fam. pocket square is actually from this gaudy paisley shirt my dad owned in the 80s/90s. gutted and made it my own :pimp:

how do you guys deal with the extra length in the belt? Tuck it? Just let it sit out?

here is a quick pic of me at a event

yeah bro, don't be afraid to size down, i know you might feel a bit subconscious, but in due time you'll start to get used to it and people will take notice

-change the white undershirt for a wifebeater, i personally don't wear ANY undershirts under my button downs.
-try taking those pants to a tailor, get them hemmed a bit and tapered just a bit, as they don't seem overly big....stay away from pleats

try hitting up EXPRESS for their shirts, i always recommend them, their producer pants are a good starting point, invest in some good shoes, you can start off @ Cole Haan, not the greatest of shoes, but you get comfort and style for a somewhat reasonable price....lay off JCPenney for a while...

Would I qualify as a regular poster¿ I know I ask a LOT of questions. :lol:

we know who the regulars are for the most part, if not posters will be screened, good thing we have post history....thats why is a good idea to get this started with time.

how do you guys deal with the extra length in the belt? Tuck it? Just let it sit out?
i let mine sit out. if it sits too far though, then definitely need a new belt (at least for leather)
correct me if i'm wrong but i've seen wisith do a tuck thing with canvas belts before though

yeah bro, don't be afraid to size down, i know you might feel a bit subconscious, but in due time you'll start to get used to it and people will take notice
-change the white undershirt for a wifebeater, i personally don't wear ANY undershirts under my button downs.
-try taking those pants to a tailor, get them hemmed a bit and tapered just a bit, as they don't seem overly big....stay away from pleats
try hitting up EXPRESS for their shirts, i always recommend them, their producer pants are a good starting point, invest in some good shoes, you can start off @ Cole Haan, not the greatest of shoes, but you get comfort and style for a somewhat reasonable price....lay off JCPenney for a while...

thanks for the advice, will keep you updated

Can someone point me in the direction to a tweed blazer with dark brown suade elbow patches

any help would be greatly appreciated

I really dig the outfit. My man went to class looking like he's about to go on vacation :lol:

:lol: :smokin

sharp look. I've been looking for a solid pair of red pants for a while. I think I finally found a pair that I will pull the trigger on.

here is a quick pic of me at a event

My dude, my suggestion is also start off with some quality shoes. For me, I'm not 100% at where I want to be, my body is still changing while I'm losing a couple more kilo's. But I started off with shoes, because I knew my feet wouldn't change. I have a nice pair of chinos that I bought a few months ago, and suddenly they're slipping off my waist :smh: but :smokin

That's just a suggestion, if you're beginning to work out and your body is changing.

However, if you're comfortable with your size, Ksteezy has some good advice already posted. Also look for the right fitted shirts. I think Calvin Klein had one or two nice dress shirts, I can't remember the name of their fit, but I had a couple white ones, and they were shaped nicely for me. Also work on your tie game. The shirt can make a HUGE difference when you have tied the tie perfectly.

I believe, start making subtle changes...they'll have a big impact in the long run.

My dude, my suggestion is also start off with some quality shoes. For me, I'm not 100% at where I want to be, my body is still changing while I'm losing a couple more kilo's. But I started off with shoes, because I knew my feet wouldn't change. I have a nice pair of chinos that I bought a few months ago, and suddenly they're slipping off my waist :smh: but :smokin
That's just a suggestion, if you're beginning to work out and your body is changing.
However, if you're comfortable with your size, Ksteezy has some good advice already posted. Also look for the right fitted shirts. I think Calvin Klein had one or two nice dress shirts, I can't remember the name of their fit, but I had a couple white ones, and they were shaped nicely for me. Also work on your tie game. The shirt can make a HUGE difference when you have tied the tie perfectly.
I believe, start making subtle changes...they'll have a big impact in the long run.

yeah the shoes are a def must, don't know any names of shoes that are quality like i do sneakers tho so when i get in the store i be stuck and when i look at what the ppl are wearing that work there i just smh and walk away looks nothing like what you guys are putting together. when it comes to the shirt i don't want to wear anything thats to tight but where to look for shirts? what are some good ties that i should invest in? I just starting to tie ties, from the hood so pop never showed us anything like that,lol

Last edited:
Thanks, dude. The PJ trousers are a love/hate thing :lol:
Some more suggestions. How about $50-100 price range or $50-75 is a good range too as stated above by J-scrub. Users should list their sizes and stats if need be to help the buyer gauge an idea. Perhaps favorite brands/stores should be listed as well to aid the buyer, along with what they want, ie shirt, sweater, pants, etc.
It would be cool for all of those who participated to take an outfit picture after the program wraps up IMO.
We should shoot for the rules and participants to be hammered down by mid November so there would be ample time for shopping/shipping so the recipients can get their gifts by Xmas.
Again, just brainstorming.

Thanks for the cosign my man. I'm so glad fall is here, the last few days I've been able to wear a few pieces that I've been dying to take out of the closet :lol:

Thanks, dude. The PJ trousers are a love/hate thing :lol:
Some more suggestions. How about $50-100 price range or $50-75 is a good range too as stated above by J-scrub. Users should list their sizes and stats if need be to help the buyer gauge an idea. Perhaps favorite brands/stores should be listed as well to aid the buyer, along with what they want, ie shirt, sweater, pants, etc.
It would be cool for all of those who participated to take an outfit picture after the program wraps up IMO.
We should shoot for the rules and participants to be hammered down by mid November so there would be ample time for shopping/shipping so the recipients can get their gifts by Xmas.
Again, just brainstorming.

Thanks for the cosign my man. I'm so glad fall is here, the last few days I've been able to wear a few pieces that I've been dying to take out of the closet :lol:

I'm the same way. I'm trying to hold off on wearing these Odin/Target desert boots, but it's hard to do! :lol:
Then again, it's never really too hot or cold for desert boots IMO.

yeah the shoes are a def must, don't know any names of shoes that are quality like i do sneakers tho so when i get in the store i be stuck and when i look at what the ppl are wearing that work there i just smh and walk away looks nothing like what you guys are putting together. when it comes to the shirt i don't want to wear anything thats to tight but where to look for shirts? what are some good ties that i should invest in? I just starting to tie ties, from the hood so pop never showed us anything like that,lol

Practice, Practice, Practice. Get the different knot sizes right for the different collar widths. It makes a world of a difference.
ties-gray-2bpp.gif

ok so the list so far:
shoes? what makes and styles should i look for? also where to buy them?
keep practicing on my tie game! good look eiddyfouw and also get better quality ties
either buy v necks or wife beaters for undershirts
hit up express for shirts, and j crew for some chino's.... good places to cop dress slacks?

I appreciate all the help NT fam

Last edited:
red pants FTW repost from a while back.....i know its summer colors but these will be on heavy rotation in Oct.
7022726705_d0f456be74_b.jpg
When it comes down to chinos do you guys size down on the length to rock them like that or have them hemmed and/or cuff them? BTW those shoes are fire
smokin.gif
, I've been looking for a good pair of moccasins, I wish I could get Tods but they are too pricey for my budget

ok so the list so far:
shoes? what makes and styles should i look for? also where to buy them?
keep practicing on my tie game! good look eiddyfouw and also get better quality ties
either buy v necks or wife beaters for undershirts
hit up express for shirts, and j crew for some chino's.... good places to cop dress slacks?
I appreciate all the help NT fam

Just to help you out, I would definitely get v necks over wife beaters just because you can wear them casually without an undershirt and still look good.

You can find some pretty nice ties at places like Macy's, J Crew and the other obvious places. Macy's has a great brand called Alfani, several of my ties are from that designer and they are wonderful quality.

Macys also has some good shirts from Alfani, and you can never go wrong with a pair of khakis or chinos from GAP.

Back
Top Bottom