Dressing Better Vol 2.0

i feel like within the realm of this thread we can have fun with many different things, one being a secret santa for us, apart from the rest of NT....i participated in last years secret santa, needless to say i doubt id do again as i got stuck with a scumbag santa that couldn't even send me a card.....but i feel in this thread we respect one another more and i believe that everyone will come through, the whole contest thing seems cool too, but once again all within the realm of this thread...or perhaps you can host it in your blog WJ...you gotta keep in mind a big percentage of NT want no parts to do with this thread or anything that comes from it...trying to pull anything like this outside this thread is asking for a flame war....the immaturity levels of this board are pretty high.
Hey K,

I forgot about the popularity thing...this thing even exists on SF. I guess there are always crowd. I can host it on my blog, but I'm not sure how many people would actually vote since i only have a few above 100 followers. I just want to do something fun for the holidays. I'm down for the Secret Santa too, actually I'll just be sending a gift. I already have more than what I can need so I don't expect anything in return.

I'll let the ideas cook some more inside my head.

And lastly, yes...I was afraid of that...the "flame war". I thought about starting a poll and I can already see the comments..."my mans dressing like he about to go to church", "ol' boy wearing them Obama jeans". :lol:

Ksteezy crossing his fingers
laugh.gif

I'd be down for a secret santa. $50 would be a cool limit, I mean if most people in here can afford nice suits and all that, $50 should be relatively affordable for the dressing better NTers.

My man RFX,

Do those RLX tapered sweats fit true to size?. I'm a 34 waist. Don't know if I should order a L or XL?

Any input? Thanks, dad.

can we get a list of regulars in here???.....i think we need to keep the secret santa exclusive to those who either contribute regularly or frequent the thread regularly for advice....NT is full of grimy individuals, who will start popping in here just to get a chance for a free gift, **** that...i don't mind giving to those who've supported this thread from the jump....but i don't want someone who probably clowns on the thread benefiting from it in ANY possible way.....so if we are to do that, we need to start early and do a screening process to even get your name in the box.....majority of us in here do ok for ourselves, im pretty sure that 50$ minimum is a perfect starting point, specially doing it early.

cmon bros, all talk and no fits!...lol....ill be the first, bitter-sweet feeling to have a new thread, something special about the last one, but today is the day for change....anyhow i put together some of the last fits i put together, which were posted in the past thread.
7601385224_97ee9b9186_b.jpg

i mean this looks good for a small dude like this but i dont see a big or some what big fellow sporting this swag even tho it looks good help me out ksteezy!!!!

Last edited:
can we get a list of regulars in here???.....i think we need to keep the secret santa exclusive to those who either contribute regularly or frequent the thread regularly for advice....NT is full of grimy individuals, who will start popping in here just to get a chance for a free gift, **** that...i don't mind giving to those who've supported this thread from the jump....but i don't want someone who probably clowns on the thread benefiting from it in ANY possible way.....so if we are to do that, we need to start early and do a screening process to even get your name in the box.....majority of us in here do ok for ourselves, im pretty sure that 50$ minimum is a perfect starting point, specially doing it early.

Yes, we should make a list.

Like you said we'll just make it regular posters or people who often have questions. (Like myself)

I'm down for the secret santa, $50 limit sounds good.

This Fall and Winter are going to be hard on my pockets. Polo RL, GAP, Levi's, H&M, Timberland, Levis, and several other brands have some great stuff out, especially the winter RL line.

I need that Levi's field coat :pimp:

I'm reading the last several posts and the $50 was mentioned as limit and minimum...probably needs to get that cleared up. The list of regulars is a great idea to avoid any bad apples from joining. A wish list may also want to be considered, ie shirt size, pant size, etc. I included this because I took part in a secret santa for a car board like 4 years back. I knew the dude wanted some cool car toys so I got some super nice one from LIttle Tokyo, and in return I got a gift card to Starbucks :lol:

Also, a gift receipt should be included if possible in case it doesn't fit and the recipient needs to exchange. Sounds like the foundation is building up nicely here. :smile:

i mean this looks good for a small dude like this but i dont see a big or some what big fellow sporting this swag even tho it looks good help me out ksteezy!!!!

I know is simpler for someone to dress slim if they have a slim frame, but if you have a larger frame you can still pull off everything I wear, just in a bigger size...as long as clothes are your actual size it will look good...you just have to give yourself time to begin appreciating your new wardrobe, I believe the "style blogger" did a post on our very Sarteaga, did you get a chance to read through it?...very informative for the bigger guys.

Wj4 - I say 50$ minimum...

I'm reading the last several posts and the $50 was mentioned as limit and minimum...probably needs to get that cleared up. The list of regulars is a great idea to avoid any bad apples from joining. A wish list may also want to be considered, ie shirt size, pant size, etc. I included this because I took part in a secret santa for a car board like 4 years back. I knew the dude wanted some cool car toys so I got some super nice one from LIttle Tokyo, and in return I got a gift card to Starbucks :lol:
Also, a gift receipt should be included if possible in case it doesn't fit and the recipient needs to exchange. Sounds like the foundation is building up nicely here. :smile:

We would definitely have to put down our sizes somehwere, which I'm sure will happen once this becomes more organized, I've got some GREAT gift ideas :D

Also, in regards of the minimum/maximum situation, I think the cost range of the item should be $50-$75, no lower no higher

Last edited:
i like this fit, don't know if I could get away with it but nice swag
Thanks, dude. The PJ trousers are a love/hate thing :lol:

Some more suggestions. How about $50-100 price range or $50-75 is a good range too as stated above by J-scrub. Users should list their sizes and stats if need be to help the buyer gauge an idea. Perhaps favorite brands/stores should be listed as well to aid the buyer, along with what they want, ie shirt, sweater, pants, etc.

It would be cool for all of those who participated to take an outfit picture after the program wraps up IMO.

We should shoot for the rules and participants to be hammered down by mid November so there would be ample time for shopping/shipping so the recipients can get their gifts by Xmas.

Again, just brainstorming.

Last edited:
I know is simpler for someone to dress slim if they have a slim frame, but if you have a larger frame you can still pull off everything I wear, just in a bigger size...as long as clothes are your actual size it will look good...you just have to give yourself time to begin appreciating your new wardrobe, I believe the "style blogger" did a post on our very Sarteaga, did you get a chance to read through it?...very informative for the bigger guys.
Wj4 - I say 50$ minimum...

appreciate the advice but where to start? I am working for a very image savy company and want to dress better!! right now i just get slacks that fit and 20 dollar dress shirts tha come with the tie and dress shoes from jc penny's

Thanks, dude. The PJ trousers are a love/hate thing :lol:
Some more suggestions. How about $50-100 price range or $50-75 is a good range too as stated above by J-scrub. Users should list their sizes and stats if need be to help the buyer gauge an idea. Perhaps favorite brands/stores should be listed as well to aid the buyer, along with what they want, ie shirt, sweater, pants, etc.
It would be cool for all of those who participated to take an outfit picture after the program wraps up IMO.
We should shoot for the rules and participants to be hammered down by mid November so there would be ample time for shopping/shipping so the recipients can get their gifts by Xmas.

what the story on the shoes? what color is that?

appreciate the advice but where to start? I am working for a very image savy company and want to dress better!! right now i just get slacks that fit and 20 dollar dress shirts tha come with the tie and dress shoes from jc penny's

it would help if you post a picture of yourself in your everyday work attire, it would help us formulate better advice bro....

How about $50-100 price range or $50-75 is a good range too as stated above by J-scrub. Users should list their sizes and stats if need be to help the buyer gauge an idea. Perhaps favorite brands/stores should be listed as well to aid the buyer, along with what they want, ie shirt, sweater, pants, etc.

I am down for the cause.... :smokin

Hopefully it will not end up like last year.... :smh:

Last edited:
I am down for the cause.... :smokin
Hopefully it will not end up like last year.... :smh:
As long as we keep things in check, we should be OK. I'll try to aid with the organization, but Griz is the ring leader here so I'll respect that and leave the choices up to him.

Justbe: feel free to browse my blog, I have more info on here. I put up the pictures on NT every now and then, but my daily outfits are usually posted on my blog.

The first pair of shoes are Alden Plain Toe Bluchers in sand suede. The second pair of shoes are Carmina double monks Salinger in Saddle shell cordovan.

I really dig the outfit. My man went to class looking like he's about to go on vacation :lol:
haha much inspiration from you fam. pocket square is actually from this gaudy paisley shirt my dad owned in the 80s/90s. gutted and made it my own :pimp:

Back
Top Bottom