Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Well since this would be my first suit I wouldn't know where would be the best place to get one. I guess I'm going to have to do my research, any ideas?
My two favorites are Kent Wang and Thick as Thieves. You can also wait until Brooks Bros have a sale and grab one of theirs too. I really like their Milano fit.

With the two brands I mentioned, you get fully canvassed, mother of horn buttons, fully functional cuff buttons, and it's made to measure, meaning it should fit you like a glove.

Yo...didn't you make a comment about dude's tie & tie clip a couple pages ago? :rolleyes

aside from the tie clip being a bit big for the width of the tie, i don't see whats wrong with it.....keep in mind the second picture im leaning over, the first picture gives you a true angle and position as well as length on the tie....so help me out.
whats your built???....the ludlow is such a nice suit and it wont break the bank....if its your first suit, most definitely go for navy, its the most versatile color you can get....after that slowly build on other colors, im on my 4th suit....the good thing about suits is that even though your lifestyle doesn't demand it, whenever you do dress up as long as you change up the shirt, shoes, tie 4 suits can literally get you through your life just fine....at least imo...this is my navy ludlow, ignore the kicks....i was just fooling around trying different things.
7075234619_4d00cced66_b.jpg

5'10" 175(I'm on my bulk atm :tongue: ) I had been looking at the ludlow, I'll probably would still have to get it tailored right? I mean that's no big deal
He Ksteezy, check out tiebar.com man and grab the shorter tie bar.

If anyone needs a Tweed Blazer PM me. I see them all the time at my local thrift stores. Send me your size and color preference.

Last edited:
whats your built???....the ludlow is such a nice suit and it wont break the bank....if its your first suit, most definitely go for navy, its the most versatile color you can get....after that slowly build on other colors, im on my 4th suit....the good thing about suits is that even though your lifestyle doesn't demand it, whenever you do dress up as long as you change up the shirt, shoes, tie 4 suits can literally get you through your life just fine....at least imo...this is my navy ludlow, ignore the kicks....i was just fooling around trying different things.
7075234619_4d00cced66_b.jpg

It looks to be worsted.

They look great. Where did you find them?
Most left and middle are Epaulet. The right is a waist coat from J. Crew.

Epaulet got 2 pairs of killer purple pants in. The purple Shetland is the far left I posted. I'm tempted to get the grape flannel too, but I need to chill until next month, caved in for iPhone 5 preorder this morning FTL :frown:

Hey Griz: just curious...how many people signed up so far for the Secret Santa?

Yo...didn't you make a comment about dude's tie & tie clip a couple pages ago? :rolleyes

aside from the tie clip being a bit big for the width of the tie, i don't see whats wrong with it.....keep in mind the second picture im leaning over, the first picture gives you a true angle and position as well as length on the tie....so help me out.
Well, yeah...the tie clip is too wide. You're right that it just looks too long because of how you're leaning over but it's also tied very sloppily. Just saying.

PS. I hope those sneakers were just thrown on quickly for the pic, bad choice otherwise.

I received 4 of the 5 Odin at Target items I ordered online. I'm really happy with 3 of them, especially considering the price. I'd never bought anything other than undershirts at Target and I hope the do similar collaborations in the future.

- The $20 Henley is nice, soft and fits well...not at all boxy.
- I like the scarf a lot, not sure of the material but it's soft, long and substantial enough. The weave looks slightly different on the website. It was only $20 as well.
- The 4-button flecked sweater is not bad. Only $35 and I like the look and fit, I have something similar so I'll decide on it.
- The navy hooded parka I'm not happy with. It's pretty stiff, not nearly as slim as pictured and it was constructed disproportionately. The left arm/arm hole is slimmer and higher that the right, I tried it zip and unzipped but it doesn't look or fall right at all. At $70 I'd keep it if that flaw wasn't so obvious. Maybe I'll try to order another and see if it was just a mistake but it's not a necessity, I might just return it.

I'm waiting on the cropped jacket, hopefully that's alright. It was only about $215 altogether so I'd recommend checking them out.

Most left and middle are Epaulet. The right is a waist coat from J. Crew.
Epaulet got 2 pairs of killer purple pants in. The purple Shetland is the far left I posted. I'm tempted to get the grape flannel too, but I need to chill until next month, caved in for iPhone 5 preorder this morning FTL :frown:

wait are they jackets or pants?

question about clothing care: do you guys hang your cardigans/sweaters or fold them and put them into the closet? same goes for khakis/jeans/dress pants.

question about clothing care: do you guys hang your cardigans/sweaters or fold them and put them into the closet? same goes for khakis/jeans/dress pants.
IMO cardigans and sweaters should not be hanged because they will stretch and hanger will indent the shoulders. Pants are fine.

can anyone help with american apparel hoodie sizing? none in my local proximity so i was gonna go about ordering it online. dunno my chest size but i'm 5'11 - 6ft 190 lbs and waist size 34 if thats of any help. i typically wear a size medium in shirts and tees but with the hoodie i dont wanna go too tight or too loose fitting. any help would be appreciated and rep'd.

Back
Top Bottom