Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Anyone ever cop a Jos A Bank suit? seen someone tweet they about to have a buy 1 get 3 suits free sale. LOL

Nah, man. They're that price for a reason :lol:

Today:

They got tons of compliments at work, from the sneakerheads to fashionistas :lol:

Man, I don't know what it is but you make kicks look so good with casual menswear (pause) :pimp:

Girls can look good in anything...baggy clothing, men's garb...

Sorry but I gotta post Ms. Deras

Both of them are sooo on point. Wish I could meet fashionistas like them in my city :lol:

I dress my wife. :lol: After seeing so many female bloggers I had to put her on.

Last edited:
Etsy, $22. From the '70s.

Any tips how to freshen up the inner-sole smell? It's a bit funky, which is probably due to age and whatever wear they previously had.

You can try Febreze or see if a local cobbler can do the trick for you. If the shoes are from the 70s, that's decades of funk so I'm not sure how much they can do really.

Honestly, those little scrapes are bound to happen. My advice is to rub the shoe down with a cloth to get excess polish off, brush, apply conditioner/cleaner (saddle soap will work if it's all you have), then polish. Just cleaned/polished my burgundy AE's the other day and that process cleared that right up.

Oh, I know. New to the polishing thing, but I just picked up a brush and some applicators and figured I give it a shot. :wow:

My two in store polish options are brown and cordovan (kiwi brand). Should I go with the lighter options to try to blend the spots in? Not expecting it to look perfect, but the last thing I want is for the spots to get darker than the surrounding areas from absorbing more of the polish. One last question. Would you put more in the front where it needs cleaning the most and then work the rest to back of the shoe, or is there no difference? Thanks!

Yup. Those nicks and scratches help form character. All of my fine footwear have some sort of nicks and scratches. You can do your best to care for them, ie conditioning once in a while to ensure the leather stays supple, but you can't make them look like they're completely brand new.

Today:

Do the shorts get hot?

Today, chambray shorts from j crew factory, very comfy, and janoskis

Nah, man. They're that price for a reason
laugh.gif

Man, I don't know what it is but you make kicks look so good with casual menswear (pause)
pimp.gif

Both of them are sooo on point. Wish I could meet fashionistas like them in my city
laugh.gif
You and me both bruh. Always find chicks who are fashionable yet not overbearing with their style to be more attractive.

Last edited:
What would you guy's suggest for cocktail dress if I don't want to wear a suit/dress pants/blazer, etc?

I was just gonna rock a dress shirt with some nice fitting trousers and dressy shoes. Thoughts?

What would you guy's suggest for cocktail dress if I don't want to wear a suit/dress pants/blazer, etc?

I was just gonna rock a dress shirt with some nice fitting trousers and dressy shoes. Thoughts?

You're not left with many other options if you refuse to wear a suit jacket, or blazer. How are you going to say you don't want to wear dress pants, but planning on wearing nice fitting trousers? Trousers = dress pants/slacks.

Not sure what dressy shoes mean, but you can go with either bluchers or balmorals since you're not wearing a suit.

If you want to layer on top, you can try for a sweater, cardigan, vest, or waistcoat.

Man, my last post was all over the place. I didn't want to take a blazer, cos I didn't think it would fit in my luggage, but I'm gonna cave and squeeze it in.

I'm thinking of rocking this...

Back
Top Bottom