Dressing Better Vol 2.0

got that unconstructed linen ludlow sportcoat. might have to return it. not feeling it as much as i thought i would. its a little longer than i would like.
It's quite long, I agree. I ended up keeping it since no tailoring is required. Good enough for summer wears.

I don't see the bowing of the lapel but I agree the sleeves are a little short, you can prob get away with it though.

Suggestion: If you're gonna ask how something fits, use a timer. Holding a phone or camera and taking a pic throws everything off.

More importantly, congrats again on the weight loss. Really impressive.

All of this.

In reference to pinoy732 (nice btw)

What dress shoes do you guys wear with shorts in the summer?

I cant do boat shoes..

So what kind of shirts is everyone looking to wear in the warmer months? Winter is a layup with blazers and buttonups, but I cant find any good summer wear besides vnecks.

I cant do boat shoes..

I wouldn't, even though he pulled it off nicely. Loafers with shorts just give the "old man" vibe (for lack of better term). JP's, Sperry's, Free's, Vans, Flyknits, options are plenty if you don't want to go the sneaker route.

Gents, can anybody recommend decent heather grey v-neck undershirts?

Two blog entries today-

Yesterday (stomach has gotten smaller, chest has not...#frustrating...still happy with the overall progression)
http://dressingbetterforless.blogspot.com/2013/04/wdiwyesterday-42813.html

Today as the weather sucked more than Paris Hilton and Kim Kardashian combined, had to go indoors for a picture:
http://dressingbetterforless.blogspot.com/2013/04/wdiwt42913.html

So what kind of shirts is everyone looking to wear in the warmer months? Winter is a layup with blazers and buttonups, but I cant find any good summer wear besides vnecks.

Linen and Chambray are your best friends, or lightweight cotton.

I cant do boat shoes..

Flame suit on...but I like Toms for the summer with shorts.

I assumed you meant dressier shoes, than sneakers. So you are looking for insights on wearing oxfords with shorts?

I'm not, think someone else was.

Wearing shorts is a relaxed/casual look, it's hard to "dress better". Can you wear loafers? Yes, Bucks? Yes. However, there are more casual options that look just as nice.

I cant do boat shoes..

I wouldn't, even though he pulled it off nicely. Loafers with shorts just give the "old man" vibe (for lack of better term). JP's, Sperry's, Free's, Vans, Flyknits, options are plenty if you don't want to go the sneaker route.

Gents, can anybody recommend decent heather grey v-neck undershirts?

Target's Mossimo v-necks are awesome. I've had two for about three years now and they've held up great. They're shallow, so if you're looking for a deep v-neck I wouldn't suggest them however.

Planes usually have a compartment to hang garment bags as well. Put your entire outfit in a garment bag and give it to a flight attendant to put it away for you. Look up your airline's policy on garment bags.

That's how I travel with suits.

talking about these.

Where's the best place to pick up one of these?

My go to v neck is American Apparel, there's so many options for cut and they are great quality.

Planes usually have a compartment to hang garment bags as well. Put your entire outfit in a garment bag and give it to a flight attendant to put it away for you. Look up your airline's policy on garment bags.

That's how I travel with suits.

talking about these.

Where's the best place to pick up one of these?

http://www.brooksbrothers.com/Suit-Garment-Bag/UL00049_____BLCK_ONE__SIZE,default,pd.html

For cheaper try amazon

My go to v neck is American Apparel, there's so many options for cut and they are great quality.

Just out of curiosity which one do you buy?

I have one american apparel V neck and its just too short on me. Im 6 foot....bought a medium.
I'd really like to find a go to crew and v neck t shirt in colors for the summer. Hoping my J. Crew Factory T fits well so i can pick up some more for cheap.

I usually wear sneakers with shorts. I just wanted to try something different.
Thanx for the replies.

Back
Top Bottom