Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Great quality all around. The zipper is butter smooth, way smoother than my LV card holder. I have a black one on ice in case my brown one gets destroyed in the years to come :lol:

Do you have the same brown one from Epaulet?

Seen some varsities on the last page, if anyone is interested check out MKI. These look good for the spring/early Fall.

(also comes in burgundy and grey)

£155

MKI BLACK FULL WOOL RAGLAN VARSITY JACKET. MKI BLACK IS A NEW PREMIUM OUTERWEAR LABEL UNDER THE MKI UMBRELLA. HERE WE HAVE A CLASSIC VARSITY JACKET WITH COMTEMPORARY STYLING.

24OZ MELTON WOOL BODY / 100% COTTON RIB COLLAR, CUFFS AND HEM / RAGLAN SHOULDER DETAIL / SATIN LINING / 2 WAY ZIP FRONT CLOSURE / 2 SLANTED WAIST POCKETS WITH PULLS / 1 INTERNAL POCKET.

Link: http://www.mkistore.co.uk/product_details.php?range=Men_mki black&product=806

I realy like some of their stuff. Thanks for the post man. :pimp:

Do you have the same brown one from Epaulet?

Seen some varsities on the last page, if anyone is interested check out MKI. These look good for the spring/early Fall.

(also comes in burgundy and grey)

Link: http://www.mkistore.co.uk/product_details.php?range=Men_mki black&product=806
The brown one I have isn't on sale. Epaulet is stopping the women's line so they are putting a lot of the more bright color joints on sale. I'd still rock that stuff though :lol:

I'm still handwriting my 2 cents. Will scan the copy into the thread when I get home. Combining coffee stains and scratched out typos, the document looks like it belongs in Nas's lost rhymes vault :lol:

listen i don't want to get to far into it with you tim, like i said im not trying to offend anyone. just offering a different opinion from what I see happening in here. instead of the buy what you can at the time and hope it comes together plan. maybe someone can try to plan out what they need, get the best one of whatever they can find is, and move on to the next from there.

I would also never use myself as an example because I'm an anomaly with way too much clothing. I have basics covered ten fold and do the funky **** from time to time.
You need to wear Foams with me then :pimp:

I think Roll is implying quality over quantity. There's many trains of thoughts here that we discussed over time. Not saying one is right or wrong.

Can't take this dude rolli seriously...

Have you seen the way he dresses?!!

Chill man, that's his own style and your post, in essence, is what he's getting at. In order to "dress better" there's not a specific definition as it is going to vary for each individual. Sunday/Monday from Wis is a perfect example: one day he is wearing sweat shorts and foamposites and the next he is wearing a MTM suit with longwings.

Just because you wouldn't wear what itz Rolli is wearing, doesn't mean it can't be considered "dressing better", especially when it is his own unique interpretation of the term. He's just simply stating that he feels people should try to find their inner style rather than just seeing Wis or Steezy and trying to mimic their looks.

However, as was stated before, a lot of people in this thread are attempting to build wardrobes for their first office job. What good is having one 7-fold Isaia tie, a single Tom Ford suit and two Kiton dress shirts going to do for you when you're going into an entry level job and will be in the office for 5 days a week? I understand the neccessity for quality pieces but a lot of the individuals who come into this thread asking for advice are looking for items to either begin building a solid wardrobe or buy a budget item for an immediate event. I don't see the harm in telling them to buy a few "Starter" pieces from mall brands to get their business casual wardrobe off the ground before they make a few more dollars and then can begin investing in quality pieces.

beezy you can't take someone serious, who is telling you to save your money to get yourself something really nice. :lol:

and wj4 we'll never wear foams together.

I only recently starting looking at this thread. It seems like between you and ksteezy, and possibly a couple others, you're like men among boys in here. im not trying to offend anyone at all, but it's probably gonna happen.

All these tips ya'll offer isn't doing much good if people keep buying into the styles but don't really see the reason behind it or develop a personal taste for "better" things. Oh I can buy this at the gap and look like this other guy i saw online. Wheres the progress in that?

Rolli I think your points are really valid and I think that they are great and instead of quoting multiple replies I'll just try to answer as much as I can in this post. I think some people are loosing track what you are stating when I feel in simple words you're stressing quality over quantity. Speaking for myself, you're right it should be about quality over quantity but I know myself included, I like variety. As a result when it comes to things that I know I'll wear maybe once a week or once every other week, I stick Gap, H&M, Banana, etc. because they are relatively inexpensive and I know that with the variety I have they won't get worn so often that they'll get destroyed. Even then I make sure that whatever I do buy, is something that will last a decent bit, simply I don't like throwing money away. If you saw the amount of shirts in my closet and ties, well its a lot but I like the variety and unfortunately I like to shop lol. As a teacher, although my wife and I make a great living, I've learned to prioritize what I do spend my money on and with dealing with students on a daily basis, where one day I could be having to break up a fight/argument, the next day I could get my clothing caught on desks, tables and chairs older than I am, I rather spend $10-20 on dress shirts and get a few, than $100-$150 on one.

You mentioned JCP and the flock to JCP because of Nick Wooster, it's not necessarily that people followed Wooster to JCP because it was the Wooster himself but because JCP finally started making product that appealed to people. I was a JCP shopper even prior too, specifically in regards to their dress shirts, of decent to good quality and for a reasonable price. As someone who has had a few shirts ruined at work, it's not painful to see one get dry erase marker, permanent marker, tugged by students or caught on metal, etc. Trends, well their will always be trends and JCP I think provided that this time around, for example the polka dot and printed shirts. What I do like about JCPs new line is that it provided basic essentials for those who do not have the budget to spend a lot on basics. As a teacher I don't have to wear a suit to work on a daily basis but I tend too at least once a week. As a result though, I tend to rotate between a couple of suits that I feel did not break the hanks, two cost me $75 each; the other $375. Suits is where I like to spend money on, going as far as having a bespoke suit, and having bespoke trousers and waistcoat commissioned for me. Great quality, will see some time at work but not as much as my other items.

You mentioned something that I agree with you 100%, dress for you, I agree 100%. Regardless of the "brand" it doesn't matter who or what you're wearing if you're trying to be someone or something you're not. I wear what I'm comfortable in, and just happen to post it on my blog, because I do want people to know that looking good doesn't have to cost a lot. I know that if I dressed for what others thought I would second guess everything, especially with the way some of my male co-workers always have something to say, because it either is "too slim" or "looks like you're going to an interview" when at the end of the day, I'm wearing what I am because I like how it looks and I feel good in it.

I hope none of this came off as aggressive as it wasn't my intention. I'm just trying to explain why I think a lot of people do go the "mall brand" route. Usually two reasons, variety and cost. I hope that you continue posting in here because I think the points you bring up are very valid.

steezy as i understand wears all of the jcrew. lol. mainly i just pointed him out cuz he stands out as a leader amogst most here. somehow he has made it work for him, but he also has a bunch of you cats aspiring to wear jcrew outfits. tryna hop on the next ludlow suit. where's the fun in that? Someone wants a suit, go to jcrew, it just seems so predictable in here. Everyone kinda looks the same, or wants to.

The ludlow suit I don't think it's necessary something people are hoping on because of people trying to aspire to dress like him but because in my opinion it seems for the money it's the best bang for your buck in regards to suits, especially if you are on a budget. Personally, the cut isn't for me.

Nothing wrong with the way Rolli dresses. He's made his look his and wears it with confidence because he is dressing for himself, not for anyone else. Confidence at the end of the day is key.

listen i don't want to get to far into it with you tim, like i said im not trying to offend anyone. just offering a different opinion from what I see happening in here. instead of the buy what you can at the time and hope it comes together plan. maybe someone can try to plan out what they need, get the best one of whatever they can find is, and move on to the next from there.

I would also never use myself as an example because I'm an anomaly with way too much clothing. I have basics covered ten fold and do the funky **** from time to time.

Seems like you've skipped over what I've written but you should offer a differing opinion if you see fit, if everyone is suggesting one thing and you think there's a better alternative, go for it...problem I see now is that you're not really saying much, just speaking in broad terms against what goes down in this thread. I was with you more earlier.

I mess with his style. It's like Japanese streetwear (if I'm thinking of the right dude) looks dope to me

Yea, looks horrible to me

No need to be a ****.

is that like niketalk for women?? maybe she should be on it lol

purseblog and the fashion spot are like the NT and SF for women :lol:.

Im on purseforum mostly because they are usually on top of the sales. Secondly the yambs over there are :smokin. Most are asian.
The ladies over there are more my speed. Most seem to be classy and accomplished. There's a couple who are gold diggers tho, such a shame.

Agreed. I lurk from time to time over there and there are some very lovely ladies. But also strengthens my argument that most females our age wants to be a professional style blogger :lol:

Last edited:
scars if you're expecting me to show you specific items that will blow your mind that's probably not gonna happen.

i mentioned unionmade as an example of a menswear retailer i respected. And believe they carry items of well perceived quality and value. if you can't put together something decent off the unionmade site as a starter then im not sure how to help you. i think they've brought together a look that the people in this thread should aspire to, and have made it quite easy. Yes it does look very similar to what Jcrew is selling, but the difference is all in the fabric and construction. (for the most part, they have some ****** things in shop too)

scars if you're expecting me to show you specific items that will blow your mind that's probably not gonna happen.

i mentioned unionmade as an example of a menswear retailer i respected. And believe they carry items of well perceived quality and value. if you can't put together something decent off the unionmade site as a starter then im not sure how to help you. i think they've brought together a look that the people in this thread should aspire to, and have made it quite easy. Yes it does look very similar to what Jcrew is selling, but the difference is all in the fabric and construction. (for the most part, they have some ****** things in shop too)

sites like Unionmade, mr porter, and tsb are pretty pricey though. Can't really get anything from there right now until they go on sale, and then you're fighting against the masses to find something in your size still available.

In my opinion, everyone should be defining their own sense of what dressing better means to them. Of course, you draw inspiration from different sources and if this thread is one of them, I don't think there's anything wrong with that. But if you frequent this thread and try to define what you think is dressing better based on what everyone else thinks is dressing better, you may be doing it wrong.

Since I've gotten older, I don't understand the whole debacle over labels. If you like something, and can afford it, why not buy it. Dudes really saying they wouldn't wear Abercrombie or AE, despite the fact that they like some of their clothing. I don't get it. :lol:

Reactions: ct3

So we should aspire to be able to afford $500+ sweaters?  Many are trying to work their way up within their career, but after house payment and bills, not much is left for clothes.  I am glad you got it like that, but believe it or not, many of us do not.

Last edited:

Seems like you've skipped over what I've written but you should offer a differing opinion if you see fit, if everyone is suggesting one thing and you think there's a better alternative, go for it...problem I see now is that you're not really saying much, just speaking in broad terms against what goes down in this thread. I was with you more earlier.

I mess with his style. It's like Japanese streetwear (if I'm thinking of the right dude) looks dope to me

No need to be a ****.

Don't see how I'm being a D***
Just stating my opinion "To me"
Are the key words...

Of course everyone wants better pieces and try and save their money but what is someone supposed to wear while "saving," for this expensive piece...

IMO, what do I need a 5000 suit for when I wear it once every 5 years...

A lot of us are college dudes or not ballin... What are we supposed to do?

Last edited:
Looking through Howard Yount and there are some pretty nice shirts on sale right now. Sizes are pretty scarce though

Last edited:

I can't respond any more. I tried, your reading comprehension sucks or you just have something in mind that you're trying to get across and that's it.

Still, definitely contribute, I'm taking a step back from this discussion.

Since I've gotten older, I don't understand the whole debacle over labels. If you like something, and can afford it, why not buy it. Dudes really saying they wouldn't wear Abercrombie or AE, despite the fact that they like some of their clothing. I don't get it. :lol:

Okay, that's directed at me. I was mostly joking with my Abercrombie post. I don't buy stuff with logos like that and they make it a point to plaster their stupid moose or big print on everything. Even if I liked everything else about the item, I can't do it.

No need to be a ****.

Don't see how I'm being a D***
Just stating my opinion "To me"
Are the key words...

Of course everyone wants better pieces and try and save their money but what is someone supposed to wear while "saving," for this expensive piece...

IMO, what do I need a 5000 suit for when I wear it once every 5 years...

A lot of us are college dudes or not ballin... What are we supposed to do?

Ugh, one more. You said you can't take him seriously based on how he dresses and his style looks horrible "to you"

That's a cop out now. It's like, "I don't mean to be rude, but..." I'm gonna be rude anyway.

Say it wit ya chest. Yeah you were being a **** and realistically only brought it up because Itz Rolli was causing some debate.

Last edited:
I read that AF is trying to revamp their image since their once targeted group of middle and high school kids grew up and no longer wanted shredded jeans and shirts with big AF on them.

Back
Top Bottom