Dressing Better Vol 2.0

too bad i wear a sz 46 in CP...It is somewhat difficult to find that size at most online retailers in the all white or black achilles (only cps i wear) colorways...Maybe if lived in the NYC area it might be a bit easier to find a pair on sale at a local boutique

Since the topic of sneakers is being discussed more in here, how often do you buy sneakers now and are they still Nikes or have you mostly moved onto other non-athletic, higher-end (and actual quality) brands being discussed like Common Projects, MMM, etc or just simpler styles?

I have a pretty wide mix and I still have too many pairs and some that I rarely wear but can't get rid of. I probably have 10-15 Nikes (mostly Air Max, Lunar models for the gym, 1 pair of Roshes, Flyknits, Blazers, Trainer Is), 3 pairs of Jprdans (White/Cement III, Military IV, Wolf Grey V), 6-8 NBs & 2 Asics. I've donated a lot that were still in great shape but weren't worth it to try and sell (is that greedy?).

Over the past two years I've picked up a couple pairs of Common Projects (I didn't pay near retail either), a pair of Balenciaga Arenas and even though they're not high-end, I've stuck with Purcells & Chucks because they're such simple staples that I've worn for probably close to 10 years. Never got into GATs, always reminded me of indoor soccer shoes that I wore as a kid (for indoor soccer) when I wanted to wear something else. :lol: I'm sure the quality is great but I have my eye on a pair of Gazelles that are also the vintage style and 1/3 the price. Other than that, I think I'm stopping soon. There's a couple pairs of Asics Gel Lyte IIIs that I'm deciding between then there's maybe another pair of Balenciagas, Diemme Maristoca & Common Projects that I'll pull the trigger on when I can either track down the pair I want or I can get them at a discount.

These:

There are a couple different Achilles colors that I like too but that blue stood out to me. Kinda bright but not obnoxious.

I'm pretty sure I said something to wj4 in this thread when he mentioned a Jordan release and how it would pull him back in...how many pairs of Nikes have you bought since??? It's hard out here in the streets.

Anyway, sorry this is long but I think it's an interesting topic to get into since we're on a Nike board with a crazy market for sneakers and most of us have evolved but probably still have some love for them.

Since the topic of sneakers is being discussed more in here, how often do you buy sneakers now and are they still Nikes or have you mostly moved onto other non-athletic, higher-end (and actual quality) brands being discussed like Common Projects, MMM, etc or just simpler styles?

I have a pretty wide mix and I still have too many pairs and some that I rarely wear but can't get rid of. I probably have 10-15 Nikes (mostly Air Max, Lunar models for the gym, 1 pair of Roshes, Flyknits, Blazers, Trainer Is), 3 pairs of Jprdans (White/Cement III, Military IV, Wolf Grey V), 6-8 NBs & 2 Asics. I've donated a lot that were still in great shape but weren't worth it to try and sell (is that greedy?).

Over the past two years I've picked up a couple pairs of Common Projects (I didn't pay near retail either), a pair of Balenciaga Arenas and even though they're not high-end, I've stuck with Purcells & Chucks because they're such simple staples that I've worn for probably close to 10 years. Never got into GATs, always reminded me of indoor soccer shoes that I wore as a kid (for indoor soccer) when I wanted to wear something else. :lol: I'm sure the quality is great but I have my eye on a pair of Gazelles that are also the vintage style and 1/3 the price. Other than that, I think I'm stopping soon. There's a couple pairs of Asics Gel Lyte IIIs that I'm deciding between then there's maybe another pair of Balenciagas, Diemme Maristoca & Common Projects that I'll pull the trigger on when I can either track down the pair I want or I can get them at a discount.

These:

There are a couple different Achilles colors that I like too but that blue stood out to me. Kinda bright but not obnoxious.

I'm pretty sure I said something to wj4 in this thread when he mentioned a Jordan release and how it would pull him back in...how many pairs of Nikes have you bought since??? It's hard out here in the streets.

Anyway, sorry this is long but I think it's an interesting topic to get into since we're on a Nike board with a crazy market for sneakers and most of us have evolved but probably still have some love for them.

I just copped two pair of Balenciaga's last week. Pavot and Maree. Got the Pavots yesterday still waiting for the Maree's. Paid an arm and an leg but I have cut my Jordan spending tremendously. Funny thing is that those Diemme Maristoca's look identical to what the arenas used to look like.

Last edited:
Very rarely buy sneakers now but I just bought some Nike Rosheruns and I'm addicted. They are going to be my go to sneakers for spring summmer. Probably grabbing a few more pairs before the season is over. I'm buying myself some Lanvins whenever I find a better job. Also had my eye on MMM GATS forever now

I need help finding a Mac raincoat that's around 200 bucks, either tan or navy but preferably tan . I really want a Burberry one but I'm poor

Last edited:
Very rarely buy sneakers now but I just bought some Nike Rosheruns and I'm addicted. They are going to be my go to sneakers for spring summmer. Probably grabbing a few more pairs before the season is over. I'm buying myself some Lanvins whenever I find a better job. Also had my eye on MMM GATS forever now

I need help finding a Mac raincoat that's around 200 bucks, either tan or navy but preferably tan . I really want a Burberry one but I'm poor

Try the outlets. I almost pulled the trigger on a Burberry jacket that was on sale at Bloomies @ 649. A year later it shows up at the outlets. Still 649. Go back they reduced the price to 400ish, I still pass. Go back its still 400ish but now they are running a 30% promo. instacopped.

Try the outlets. I almost pulled the trigger on a Burberry jacket that was on sale at Bloomies @ 649. A year later it shows up at the outlets. Still 649. Go back they reduced the price to 400ish, I still pass. Go back its still 400ish but now they are running a 30% promo. instacopped.

I checked at a Burberry outlet like a year ago and they were still around retail.
I just copped that Shades of Grey one. Found a $30 off coupon so it was only 137 shipped

Very great detailing on that jacket.. :pimp:

If I didn't get my JCrew Peacoat, I would of definitely considered the TOJ or Billy Reid one

This is my DC. Everything in one place.

That looks dope, but definitely would be too big to fit in my pocket :lol:

------

I really wanted this TOJ Zip Wallet, but its discontinued :smh:
http://toj-gallery.com/main.php?g2_itemId=921
http://toj-gallery.com/main.php?g2_itemId=917

But, I might settle for either a diamond supply or commes des garcon wallet..

Diamond Supply: http://diamondsupplyco.3dcartstores.com/Selvage-Zip-Wallet-in-Denim_p_3339.html
CDG: http://shop.doverstreetmarket.com/u...lassic-plain/cdg-classic-leather-black-sa3100

What yall think? :nerd:

EDIT, Never mind the CDG one since its a half zip wallet

Last edited:
I feel theres no ceiling on a price for a wallet. I cant do cardholders, too thin for me. Wallet is to a man, as complaining is to a woman.

Bought an LV damier wallet back last fall, coudnt be happier with it. It'll last forever. Hopefully anyway.

These:

I just copped two pair of Balenciaga's last week. Pavot and Maree. Got the Pavots yesterday still waiting for the Maree's. Paid an arm and an leg but I have cut my Jordan spending tremendously. Funny thing is that those Diemme Maristoca's look identical to what the arenas used to look like.

I had to look up which colors Pavot & Maree are, I've been following most of what's released but not the actual names of the colors. :lol: I just want the simple Extra Blanc but can't find them. I like the pleateds too but they seem a little long to me in comparison, I've yet to check them out in person.

Funny you mention that about the Diemmes, part of what I like is that hiking boot lacing style. I can get those for less than $250 but I want to know more about them first even though I've had different pairs bookmarked for a long time.

Last edited:
I feel theres no ceiling on a price for a wallet. I cant do cardholders, too thin for me. Wallet is to a man, as complaining is to a woman.

Bought an LV damier wallet back last fall, coudnt be happier with it. It'll last forever. Hopefully anyway.

Yeah, that mentality is absurd to me. There's enough out there that can be considered effeminate that a cardholder falling somehow into not being manly enough is a huge reach. And that analogy sucks.

^ my father uses that iphone 5 case that holds his business cards...he says on the subway he gets alot of compliments...i have one someone got me as a gift but cant bring myself to use it

Yeah, that mentality is absurd to me. There's enough out there that can be considered effeminate that a cardholder falling somehow into not being manly enough is a huge reach. And that analogy sucks.
Was trying to be funny, guess not. 
laugh.gif

Jeez calm down bruh. I just think I would get my moneys worth with an expensive wallet cause id be using it everyday. Its not like a pair of $500 Arena's that I would use every now and then. I like nice things, im willing to spend money on nice things, especially if I think ill get my moneys worth.

And I never said cardholders arent manly. They are just too thin for me.

Personally I'm not a fan of holsters. Looks tacky. Simple case on my phone. Right in my pocket. Good enough for me.

To head to my girl's cousin's baptism. Preceded to demolish as much portuguese food and beer I could get my hands on afterwards :lol:

Oh, and I peeped this yesterday. Not sure if anyone remembers but Wal-Mart had those harris tweed jackets back in the fall/winter. They are on a pretty good discount now. If your Wal-Mart had em, I'd suggest checking them out. Material felt very good and very warm. Maybe won't get much play with the changing weather but will be perfect for F/W '13. Slim dudes beware. This thing is made for a fuller gentlemen. I'm talking I could fit two full fists and then some when I tried on a 38R. Sleeves hit well though :\

Adrian,

You know I'm Portuguese, but I have some Asian, African, and European blood in me. I gotta say...Portuguese food is the best. :pimp:

I've never failed to clean a plate of it :lol:

Back
Top Bottom