Dressing Better Vol 2.0

1K :pimp:

Dockers.com

Buy one pair of pants, get any second pair half-off. Use Promo Code: SAVEMORE at checkout. 50% off discount will be applied to every other pair of qualified

Offer ends at 11:59 PM PT on April 15, 2013.

Free shipping with orders over $50

Last edited:
I like the idea, it would just be fun to see the evolution of everyone's style.
Pretty much the point, man :smile:

If a good number of the gents are down, we'll get the ball rolling.

Yeah I agree thats a great idea....I can't lie sometimes I save some pics of fits I like from you guys on here or just things I find interesting but it'd be cool to have em all together in one spot :nthat:

Everybody coming clean as of late :smokin

Unknwn, when's your girls birthday?

Wis youre making me jealous, I swear once I get done with school I'm going back an buying every sneaker I either sold and never had the chance to get :frown:

Wis youre making me jealous, I swear once I get done with school I'm going back an buying every sneaker I either sold and never had the chance to get :frown:

The 18th, why do you ask?

Looking for a little sizing help with Allen edmonds I saw the Double Monks will be on sale Monday and I wanted to purchase a pair. Seeing as how I live in the boonies of Louisiana I have to order online and cant try on a pair. I wear a 11 in my dress shoes with little to no issues on width will a 11 work? thanks

Yeah I agree thats a great idea....I can't lie sometimes I save some pics of fits I like from you guys on here or just things I find interesting but it'd be cool to have em all together in one spot :nthat:
Spot on, man. We all have our inspirations from somewhere. I'll get working on it tonight.

:lol: Right on, man. The shoes I got were middle school stuff. Times were hard then.

Looking for a little sizing help with Allen edmonds I saw the Double Monks will be on sale Monday and I wanted to purchase a pair. Seeing as how I live in the boonies of Louisiana I have to order online and cant try on a pair. I wear a 11 in my dress shoes with little to no issues on width will a 11 work? thanks

I say order normal size, they may run a little long, but not enough to size down

Here is my initial idea and suggestions about the group blog.

I will look into Lookbook later today to see how it operates since I have no experience with it. I am more familiar with Tumblr so I may stick with that route since you can search by tags and such. You can also put your own description, not sure if this is allowable with Lookbook.

Anyone is free to email pictures to be added into the media site. I will appreciate if the pictures can be of decent quality. I would also appreciate if you can email me your real name, at least the first, and your screen name. This way I can make a hash tag for your screen name so others, including yourself, can search for pictures by your name. Feel free to include any other info along, ie your age, location, why you wore the outfit or anything pertaining to the outfit.

Email to me at: [email protected]

I'll get it started with some of my own pictures tonight and post the link to the site.

This is just my 2 cents. Anyone else can feel free to chime in.

I think I'll use the name Adrian suggested of "The Collectives".

Also, just be warned that since we are posting pictures up for all to see, there may be funny characters trying to troll or get LOL in, just like we experience in this thread every now and then.

Very clean

I'm an 8 and these are a 41. I would size down half a size but 41 is the smallest size

ee433e4ca3c011e2952122000a1fbf2e_7.jpg

Are those pants black or navy?

If they're black, you have made black pants and brown look good. A rare feat in the fashion world. :lol:

This thread moves so fast I feel like I'm grave digging to reply to something I posted last night :lol:
They are black levis for those who were wondering. Thanks for the comments.

I really like ksteezy's suit and pocket square for his event fit, but why didn't anyone mention that the tie bar was wider than his tie? I thought that was one of the big rules for ties and tie bars. (I am not hating or trashing anything, just a curious question.)

Last edited:
Been in AC so I really gotta catch up and reread through the thread. Wis, great idea for The Collective. Definitely will be sending pics.

Here are some outfit snaps I took last night. AC was a crazy blast. Stayed at Harrah's and hit up The Pool After Dark. I ended up getting a giant circle around as me and my boy when I started a little dance battle thing. Before I knew it, there were 30-40 people circling around me, all whipping out their iPhones to record my dancing. Stuff was surreal. Every person who stepped to me got roasted haha. I was hella gassed on that #couldnttellmenothing steez.

Went down to celebrate my buddy in the middle's birthday. He asked me to help him out with getting a first suit lol.

For reference, this is what the pool looks like :pimp: :

The Collective it is!

I went to the J. Crew Men's store. The store is ridiculously lucrative. I saw many females bringing their boyfriends in to basically get a whole wardrobe redone. I went to try on their jackets, and alas...the pattern is not for me :frown: The button stance is too low for my taste.

Dang, son...then at least half of my wardrobe would be useless :lol: :frown:

I was talking about regular weight hoodies, like suited for spring and is made out of cotton. I thought about buying one to rock when I travel around SoCal for work since I don't like to pack much.

This is what living in LA does to you though, I think for you and even I, when I was living in and growing up in LA, 50-60 degrees is hoody weather, you even see people with coats on since that's cold for the area. Your body adjusts and I know Elkin states t-shirt weather when it's 60, now that I live in NY and I've acclimated to the weather yeap I agree with that, that's shorts and t-shirt weather now lol

Pretty much the point, man :smile:

If a good number of the gents are down, we'll get the ball rolling.

I like it and lets go with it! I'll submit some older pics to you today, of good quality lol. Didn't snap one today, running all over today.

The 18th, why do you ask?
My girl's is the 17th lol

edit:
Just sent a batch of pics in Wis. Please post up that link whenever you get a chance and thanks for finally getting the ball rolling on the blog.
8)

Last edited:
Wis just sent you a couple as well.

Stupid question: how do you guys get your digital cam pics onto instagram? I know that you can't from the website.

Wis just sent you a couple as well.

Stupid question: how do you guys get your digital cam pics onto instagram? I know that you can't from the website.
Best bet would be to have those pics uploaded to photobucket, DL the photobucket app, the save the pics from there. Otherwise, you could e-mail to yourself, then DL. Either will work fine.

Back
Top Bottom