Dressing Better Vol 2.0

I don't think it will work for you. You're already on a wide width for a bulbous last. The Aberdeen last is pretty narrow and some folks than are rocking the regular width on the Barrie and Trubalance can't even get into the Abeerdeen even by sizing .5 up.

Thanks for the quick reply...I called up Alden SF and they recommended that I go with a 11.5EE in the Aberdeen to compensate for the narrowness in the toe area...They also stated that they run roughly the same length as the Trubalance...What I really wanted is a tossle loafer in the plaza last...I think LeatherSoul Hawaii did one a few years back (Maybe 09') but I've been on a boot kick until recently...

I just wanted to double check with those of you who wear these last's before I commit to the purchase...Good thing the SF fellas are fairly easy going as far as returns go...

At any rate I did find this nice sizing chart on the web just a few minutes ago...

He's still here, he just recently started posting in the high end threads again. I see him on SF as well. This thread was a handful of peps but has grown beyond that. Its pretty much office dressing better. I never got the feeling he was a monk and suit guy. I dont think the thread resembles his style of attire.
Not his current style. Back in volume 1 he wore a lot of dress shirts with ties, like the peeps in here.

Thanks for the quick reply...I called up Alden SF and they recommended that I go with a 11.5EE in the Aberdeen to compensate for the narrowness in the toe area...They also stated that they run roughly the same length as the Trubalance...What I really wanted is a tossle loafer in the plaza last...I think LeatherSoul Hawaii did one a few years back (Maybe 09') but I've been on a boot kick until recently...

I just wanted to double check with those of you who wear these last's before I commit to the purchase...Good thing the SF fellas are fairly easy going as far as returns go...

At any rate I did find this nice sizing chart on the web just a few minutes ago...

That would help and may work. I didn't know the Aberdeen last came in wide widths. I wanted to post that chart Namor made but I don't have the pic saved on my cell.

Also, why limit to Aldens? You can explore a bunch of fine shoe makers from other places like England, Spain, and Italy.

Also, why limit to Aldens? You can explore a bunch of fine shoe makers from other places like England, Spain, and Italy.

I have been looking at other brands for the better part of the year so far but I've relegated myself to sticking with Alden at this point simply due to my having worn mainly this brand since 2008...Not out of missplaced loyalty but simply because I've gotten comfortable with their product and customer service...I'm just use to dealing with them is all...

That plus I've basically fallen in love with the tossle loafer that they offer...

I've tried my hardest to find that makeup in the coply and plaza lasts but it's just impossible at this point without having to place a custom order through Alden themselves...I just don't feel like waiting 6+ months to get my order...I wen't through that with my Burnished Tan Calf Indy's I had made back in 2009 and told myself then that I wouldn't do it again...

^^Also as far as the sizing goes I've decided to go with the burgandy Calf...I figure the Calf leather should be more forgiving with wear than the Shell would be...Not a big fan of Shell anyway...

Gotcha. I ask because with the exception of shells, I don't see myself buying anymore Aldens. Their calf is ok at best but nothing to write home. The prices keep going up too yearly.

Gotcha. I ask because with the exception of shells, I don't see myself buying anymore Aldens. Their calf is ok at best but nothing to write home. The prices keep going up too yearly.

Tell me about it...I picked up my first pair of 405's back in January 2008 for $235...Paid $300 even for my Adventurebilt Raiders mock up and paid $335 for my Burnished Tan customs...Now retail is what $488...Crazy...That's part of the reason I figure I'd better buy now before prices get any higher...In fact I remember looking at the Calf Tossle's way back when and seeing them for $200 from Alden SF...:smh:

Last edited:
all the talk about the CH Aidens....saw a few pair at Nordstrom Rack for 89.95. Wasn't that impressed and weren't comfortable at all. It's an in between color that falls in the "casual" category, but they also seemed sleek and more of a dressier shoe, not an every day with chinos shoe. Just my opinion of course.

decided to go with this instead of the black suit for the wedding....i like the black i just feel like it will be wayyyy toooo formal...thoughts?

color scheme and fit look good, PS little too far out but, steezy, do a full pic showing the shoes without the bending over nonsense lol

Black pants with brown shoes / boots doesn't look weird to me anymore. It seems like girls have been doing it for a few years now. I always see girls on campus with skin tight leggings or black jeans with brown boots :evil:.

Back
Top Bottom