Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Congrats on the feature elkin. Stupid jelly over here.

Also, glad you guys are finally getting on these aidens! Happy to see that my pics have helped create a deciding factor for those thinking about purchasing them. It really encompasses what this thread is about. Someone posts something to help give clarification on an interest. That's what DB is all about :pimp:

Bros!....I had no idea I was featured in the favorite five!!...I'm gassed...lol

Thanks for all the support ALWAYS!...and ya know I rep NT on my IG handle from the jump, ksteezy and NT will always go together.

Bros!....I had no idea I was featured in the favorite five!!...I'm gassed...lol

Thanks for all the support ALWAYS!...and ya know I rep NT on my IG handle from the jump, ksteezy and NT will always go together.

Damn that is awesome congrads man
And :lol: at Jace's comment he is still bitter

Last edited:
I seriously wonder what went through his head...lmao

Btw I don't know if ya noticed but Wis was posted on their wall.

:wow:

Ninja approving?!! Now that's a :pimp: feeling

Congrats on the feature elkin. Stupid jelly over here.

Also, glad you guys are finally getting on these aidens! Happy to see that my pics have helped create a deciding factor for those thinking about purchasing them. It really encompasses what this thread is about. Someone posts something to help give clarification on an interest. That's what DB is all about :pimp:

Mine are on there way and I ended up going down a size. Thanks again for the size advice/suggestions dude.

Congrats, Ksteezy on GQ. Also, your blog is turning out nice as content builds with the the theme.

--

Any of you guys buy from Everlane? I might be just caught up with the clean experience as I browse through their website lol

Last edited:
My Cole Haan Air Aidens came in yesterday. I went a half size down and they fit perfect with thin dress socks so I should be good going sockless for the summer

Good looks for putting us on, Pinoy! Salamat
pimp.gif

And congrats to KSteezy
pimp.gif

Mine are on there way and I ended up going down a size. Thanks again for the size advice/suggestions dude.

Congrats, Ksteezy on GQ. Also, your blog is turning out nice as content builds with the the theme.

--

Any of you guys buy from Everlane? I might be just caught up with the clean experience as I browse through their website lol

+1 on the Aiden suggestion. Ordered my pair this morning. Opted for the smaller size of the 2 that I'm usually in between, hope it works out.

Also put the CH F&F to use and copped some Madison Wingtips and Adams Cap-Toes yesterday, been putting off getting some new DB footwear, figured it was time to pull the trigger.

And shout to K-Steez for getting featured. [emoji]128077[/emoji]

I really like your fit yesterday Sarg, I can finally see the pics :lol:

Thanks man, for whatever reason it was doing that to me too, not loading pictures for yesterday, I refreshed and they loaded, photobucket has been acting little crazy for me the last 2 days.

Silly question but how did you guys go from casual/street clothing to DB? I've been lucky in that I've always been able to wear whatever I want and I worked in a very casual industry from home for the past few years, therefore it has been nothing but sneakers and casual clothing for me for as long as I can remember. Unfortunately, now I'm in my mid/late 20's and I've recently started doing consulting and I have some pretty big clients (a few publicly listed companies, etc) and I'm starting to become very conscious of my perception by others. The issue for me is that I feel most comfortable wearing a cap/hoody/pants/sneakers and breaking this mold is proving to be extremely difficult. 

Did any of you guys face this problem or is dressing smart something that is engrained in who you are? 

I think its a transition most of us make because we want to and because of work. You'll get used to and will soon stop thinking about it.

What are everyone's thoughts on gold watches? I like this look, but I'm not buying a Rolex.

Thinking about picking up one of these. I know Seiko 5s are really good for the money.

Silly question but how did you guys go from casual/street clothing to DB? I've been lucky in that I've always been able to wear whatever I want and I worked in a very casual industry from home for the past few years, therefore it has been nothing but sneakers and casual clothing for me for as long as I can remember. Unfortunately, now I'm in my mid/late 20's and I've recently started doing consulting and I have some pretty big clients (a few publicly listed companies, etc) and I'm starting to become very conscious of my perception by others. The issue for me is that I feel most comfortable wearing a cap/hoody/pants/sneakers and breaking this mold is proving to be extremely difficult. 

Did any of you guys face this problem or is dressing smart something that is engrained in who you are? 

Not a silly question at all man as I think a lot of us went through this. Initially the change isn't super easy and by that I mean the following. First, you'll may be be self-conscious about you're wearing and wondering about how it looks but most of all about what people think about this new look. This is the hardest part as frankly I know for myself the constant commentary about "why are you so dressed up" which I still get and I've "dressed better" for about a year or so still get annoying. I know I've even recently would start second guessing if what I was wearing; ie. a blazer was "too much" simply because what others might say. Carry it with confidence, once you can get over this "hum" you'll be fine. Second, I think a lot of what we stress here is that dressing better isn't about suits and ties but about whatever you wear being something that fits properly and is comfortable. You can still keep your cap/hoody/pants/sneakers look but make sure they fit. For example, some properly fitting denim or chinos with some plain Jack Purcells with a plain hoody, that fits well, that is dressing properly. For your consulting, same it's about fit but with different items such as trousers (dress pants), dress shirts, ties, etc. I recommend for your consulting that you pick up a navy suit as the jacket and trousers will be versatile and something that can be worn as a suit and separates; ie. blazer, shirt and dark jeans. Grab a couple of shirts, white, light blue and a handful of ties and some brown dress shoes.

I am still going through this phase as I have put on weight and jean and hoodies are most comfortable. I would suggest starting with putting together 2 go to outfits that are fool proof. The first would be a chino/trouser fit with a solid well fitting oxford and desert boots. As long as the fit is good you should be fine. The next is a dressy pair of khakis, shirt and tie. Maybe a light weight blazer and dress oxford. Search TSBMen and GQ for their style upgrade series and take it slow.

I have a few things from there, and I like the quality. The shirts are really nice and soft.

Back
Top Bottom