Dressing Better Vol 2.0

its basically a watch ... u workout and dont swing ur arms its not gna count ur progress. i knew something was up wen i would make goal working 8 hr shifts walking around at nike and not reach goal working out and hooping at 24

I've been wearing mine since November. To go off what shuttlesworth said, I'd say its more of a glorified pedometer. Unless you're doing cardio/moving around, it won't really track your daily activity (not cyclist friendly at all).

It gets the job done though in terms if motivating me to be active every day. Filling up the bar to get to green can be addicting, especially with an IPhone tracking your streaks.

Lol dam y'all pretty much discouraged me.. But I am a very active person, I go to the gym 5 days a week, and do cardio every day (treadmill) and once the weather gets better I will be outside playing basketball and other sports.

But I also like it just as an another cool arm accessory and I do actually like the look of it...

I'm on my way to Nike now to check it out and ill make my final decision there I guess

I got the jawbone up which is pretty decent. Its better than the fuel band.

Got any pics? The features look very cool... How does the alarm work while your sleeping?

bLaZ3n: the main reason I got it is because I sent back a pair of Fly Wade 2s that ripped at the toe box. Bought the shoes for $80 and they sent back a voucher for $145 so I figured why not.

Sounds like you will be taking advantage of it though based on your exercise plans.

Alright so maybe no one is free to meet, but is there any places I should try to visit while up in NY? Maybe i'll even try to hit a thrift shop or two. I know I definitely want to check out Uniqlo. Hell if I can find bowties for thetiebar prices, I'd scoop while I'm there too. Any recommendations guys?
For kicks check out Epaulet, selfedge and blue in green. I think you'll dig the style.

Alright so maybe no one is free to meet, but is there any places I should try to visit while up in NY? Maybe i'll even try to hit a thrift shop or two. I know I definitely want to check out Uniqlo. Hell if I can find bowties for thetiebar prices, I'd scoop while I'm there too. Any recommendations guys?
For kicks check out Epaulet, selfedge and blue in green. I think you'll dig the style.
Just from prior knowledge, I'm betting that all of those places are way out of my price range :frown: but thanks for the input!

bLaZ3n: the main reason I got it is because I sent back a pair of Fly Wade 2s that ripped at the toe box. Bought the shoes for $80 and they sent back a voucher for $145 so I figured why not.

Sounds like you will be taking advantage of it though based on your exercise plans.

Go to the Uniqlo in SoHo and checkout the street vendors near Great Jones (which is near Michael Andrews Bespoke), you can find nice little accessories for a few bucks there. You'll also be near SuitSupply and if you are interested you should check it out; it really is a no-pressure sales approach so don't stress it too much if you're not looking to buy. All these things are within a 5-10 minute walk.

I've been wearing mine since November. To go off what shuttlesworth said, I'd say its more of a glorified pedometer. Unless you're doing cardio/moving around, it won't really track your daily activity (not cyclist friendly at all).

It gets the job done though in terms if motivating me to be active every day. Filling up the bar to get to green can be addicting, especially with an IPhone tracking your streaks.

need to cosign this, if you are serious about tracking your calories, youll need a HR monitor, the fuelband is very innacurate, looks cool though....the most i got out of putting on a fuelband was the motivation to get into my workout for real....started back in January and been consistent since with my crossfit.

So since I work nights I'm always in scrubs, however every other Wednesday I work 3-11pm so I decided to start my own formal Wednesdays @ work :lol: I walked in the office and my boss was blown away, dude is so used to his therapist not giving any dambs that dude seriously wanted to walk around with me everywhere, since administration is patrolling the hospital till 5pm :lol:

Hey guys, Im a college student and growing out of the street wear and basketball sneaker scene and I want to start dressing more professional and appropriately. I will be frequenting this board more and want to ask what is a good quality and reasonably priced company/website that has the basics i would need to kickstart my wardrobe. Im interested in clothing that supports both functionality and style. And lastly I want clothes that I can wear hard, wash and not worry about the fit being any different. Any input is appreciated

Here is an image of the kind of fit I am looking for:

So since I work nights I'm always in scrubs, however every other Wednesday I work 3-11pm so I decided to start my own formal Wednesdays @ work
laugh.gif
I walked in the office and my boss was blown away, dude is so used to his therapist not giving any dambs that dude seriously wanted to walk around with me everywhere, since administration is patrolling the hospital till 5pm
laugh.gif

Very nice!

Still layering up here in NYC.
Polka dots/quilted vest/levis/chinos/Clark's weaver boot

Might be the angle of the shot, but your shirt looks too long/big, especially since the other parts of your outfit seem to be very fitted. I like the combination of colors/patterns though.

Last edited:
Might be the angle of the shot, but your shirt looks too long/big, especially since the other parts of your outfit seem to be very fitted. I like the combination of colors/patterns though.
i was about to say the same thing. shirt looks a little long. it would look a lot cleaner tucked

Just from prior knowledge, I'm betting that all of those places are way out of my price range :frown: but thanks for the input!
Just check them out for kicks, man. It won't be too far before you get a real job. I bought my first pair of Epaulet trousers before my career started and I was having a hard time pulling the trigger on $180 trousers. Now and about 20 pairs later..... :lol:

A lot of these clothiers are hobbyists at heart. They enjoy chatting with like minded dudes.

Most of them are :lol: I really like the first 3

Daniel D's outfit was still the best, in my opinion of course.

I liked how he wore the scarf.

Hopefully one of us gets in next month!

I'm about to start packing for a trip to NYC. Leaving on the 6th and coming back home on the 10th. I checked the weather and saw it will be mostly low to mid 50's in the day/ mid to low 40's at night. I want to pack light, so I'm looking to take some versatile items with him.

the plan is to go the Brooklyn Nets game that Saturday, shop, drink, party Saturday night, eat and tour a few places (this will be my 2nd time going).

-wool gray bubble vest
- denim jacket
- army green j crew urban slim fit pants
- navy j crew urban slim fit pants
- dark blue levi 511's

I haven't really picked out any shoes or shirts so far. thinking about taking some black tassel loafers, maybe my dark brown monk straps and i'm not sure what else.

any suggestions? changes maybe? i'm not sure if i even want to take a suit for maybe a lounge/club saturday night

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom