Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Very nice C. Shell's look great.
pimp.gif
Oh and guys, so my school is having a senior ball that will be held at a local country club. I assume its prom for college but enough of my friend's are going so I said eff it (Esp since there is a happy hour thing there). My question is do you think this is appropriate for me to finally bust out my black photographer suit or should I keep my choices limited to one of my grey suits? I'm thinking if I go black, I would wear it like a tux. I'd like to try and get a bowtie for the event and even possibly a white silk scarf (or would that be too much?). What's your guys' opinion on the matter?

Also, seriously fams. I'm gonna be in NY on saturday. Who's down to meet up?!
Sounds good, I think you could make it work

I see it NC. About to try it out.

LyonBC1, The socks came from Amazon. Search "Sock it to me". The ones I have on now are from Vincent Van Gogh's Starry night painting. They've got a few funky ones.

'preciate it bro, definitely gonna look into those

And that Amazon Prime student is so clutch :smokin

Amazon prime - one of the best investments I've ever made. I think the first year was free too, and half off every additional year :pimp:

Oh and guys, so my school is having a senior ball that will be held at a local country club. I assume its prom for college but enough of my friend's are going so I said eff it (Esp since there is a happy hour thing there). My question is do you think this is appropriate for me to finally bust out my black photographer suit or should I keep my choices limited to one of my grey suits? I'm thinking if I go black, I would wear it like a tux. I'd like to try and get a bowtie for the event and even possibly a white silk scarf (or would that be too much?). What's your guys' opinion on the matter?

Let that black suit get some burn man :lol: I wouldn't do the scarf though, my $0.02

I see it NC. About to try it out.

LyonBC1, The socks came from Amazon. Search "Sock it to me". The ones I have on now are from Vincent Van Gogh's Starry night painting. They've got a few funky ones.
Those socks are something nice. I might have to cop

I think you should definitely use this as an opportunity to wear the black suit + bowtie combo. In terms of wearing a white scarf, did you mean something like this:

It's kind of a lot but I think you have the style to pull it off. I wore a silk scarf with a lot of my suits this past winter and it definitely makes your outfits pop that much more.

About this weekend, I'm flying down to Vegas on Friday night then headed back Saturday otherwise I'd take you up on that lunch offer (PAWS)

Earlier we were all discussing khaki suits which got me excited to bust this one out to my business fraternity meeting today:

full thing hasn't seen the light of day since the summer :pimp:

Oh and also, I think I will do the black suit fellas. Thanks for the help. I think I will hold of on that scarf, despite it looking dope there storm. I will, however, rock out with a bowtie. Never have I worn one before so youtube tutorials will be had. Any color suggestions? I'm thinking going grey. Something like:
http://www.thetiebar.com/order_page...ies.asp&pg=1&categoryIds=6,56&optionValueIds=

or should I go diamond:
http://www.thetiebar.com/order_page...ies.asp&pg=1&categoryIds=6,56&optionValueIds=

please any input would help. I'm a super novice when it comes to bowties. Thanks in advance.

(also, damn shame you are out of town Storm. Really want to meet up with at least one NTer while up there. Have fun in vegas though homie.)

This might sound silly, but do these lenses actually produce a better image? They seem pretty cheap for what its worth. :nerd:

I thought APC's were supposed to stretch not shrink :lol:

I actually just washed mine.. they took about 1.5-2 days to dry lol :smh:

But they look like they have shrunk, will definitely need to wear'em to loosen them up

Question for everyone... Do you guys have any clothing "grails"?

Just wondering since I know I definitely do :lol:

Here are mine at the moment, would be interesting to know if you guys have some too

Maison Martin Margiela Side Zips, Brown and Rust

ToJ Minimalist Double Rider, probably my single favorite piece of clothing ever. (AKang SF)

Last edited:
Ok pretty sure I'm breaking some sort of layering rule (thicker as you go outer?) but I want to do a wool shawl cardigan underneath a cotton blazer. Or should that be reserved with a tweed blazer?

Would anyone do it?

I have an art exhibit grand opening and its too warm up here for a coat and too cold to wear just the blazer.

Ok pretty sure I'm breaking some sort of layering rule (thicker as you go outer?) but I want to do a wool shawl cardigan underneath a cotton blazer. Or should that be reserved with a tweed blazer?

Would anyone do it?

I have an art exhibit grand opening and its too warm up here for a coat and too cold to wear just the blazer.

That's not necessarily a rule but it generally makes sense in terms of function. Under a cotton blazer might be pushing it, depends on the weight of both. You don't want it to be too evident that you have a thicker layer underneath, ie. the sleeves of the jacket look bulky because of it. Plus, the shawl collar under the collar of the blazer? Might be tough.

Try it on and post pics.

Would anyone do it?

Why not just rock with a regular sweater under the blazer?

shawl cardigan under a cotton blazer doesn't even sound like it would fit. i would avoid it and try something else

Would anyone do it?

Need pics

Back
Top Bottom