Dressing Better Vol 2.0

I really like H&M pants for their prices. The same with their hoodies. They're so cheap that I feel it's worth the money after one season of good use.

Zara will have some nice items every season. I've only bought one thing from them though. It was a nicely designed toggle sweater that I ordered. I returned it because I didn't like the material and it smelled weird.

I'm having a hard time finding a jacket with lapels that lay flat on my chest. They all seem to bow out at least a little. It's not a sizing issue either because I've tried jackets 2 sizes bigger than my normal size and I get the same problem. Is this something that a tailor can fix or am I better off looking for a different cut suit?
any help? :\

These guys are a staple in my wardrobe

My DB Brethrens,

Just purchased the Jcrew Thompson from online last week. Ended up paying $218 shipped.

This is my first "real" suit purchase..as I never really needed a suit before...

Can someone please critique the fit? I'm not a really slim dude..so I'm not sure if this suit compliments my body or not.

I didn't cut the vents yet..just in case I want to return. I'm not sure if that's contributing to the slight pull in the waist area.

What alterations would need to be done to this suit (besides shortening the sleeve)?

Thanks bros!

Edit: not sure why NT is turning my pictures sideways....working on that now..

Last edited:
Yep.

Looks like there's too much pull as you mentioned. Not sure if that's just because the vents are still stitched together, but it may just be too small.

the wife on her DB steez :lol:

giving props for the well dressed wife.

other than that, NikeTalk has a very diverse member base. Although I would never fathom outfitting my exterior with 99% of the things I've seen in the last 10 pages of this thread, I appreciate the passion most of you seem to put into this. Personally, I rather have panel of females tell me what they liked me in. Either way, it's all good. I've seen some nice loafers.

My DB Brethrens,

Just purchased the Jcrew Thompson from online last week. Ended up paying $218 shipped.

This is my first "real" suit purchase..as I never really needed a suit before...

Can someone please critique the fit? I'm not a really slim dude..so I'm not sure if this suit compliments my body or not.

I didn't cut the vents yet..just in case I want to return. I'm not sure if that's contributing to the slight pull in the waist area.

What alterations would need to be done to this suit (besides shortening the sleeve)?

Thanks bros!

Edit: not sure why NT is turning my pictures sideways....working on that now..

Too tight in the body yet the sleeves are too wide, not well proportioned. You can get the sleeves slimmed (and shortened as you know) but that's about it. Opening the vents won't impact the bowing of the lapels and pulling across the button.

Thanks everyone.

My main concern is really just the jacket. Just want to get a general consensus whether or not I should keep it based on the fit. I have read about the "rules" and what not, but just really can't figure it out on myself. |I

to be honest my main thing with it is that you dont look at all comfortable in it as it is. if that's the case you should return it.

other than that, NikeTalk has a very diverse member base. Although I would never fathom outfitting my exterior with 99% of the things I've seen in the last 10 pages of this thread, I appreciate the passion most of you seem to put into this. Personally, I rather have panel of females tell me what they liked me in. Either way, it's all good. I've seen some nice loafers.

What the hell do you wear then?

Last 10 or so pages have been staple fits. What's in the 1% that you wear?

Anyone own a Bar III suit from Macy's?:nerd: After a long search for a navy suit under $300, I may have found the right one. It fit me well OTR, sorry no pic. Will probably pull the trigger when there's a nice coupon code to bring it down to $260ish. Just wanted any feedback about BAR III suits and if there's anything else out there I should try in the $250-300 price range. I have small arms and looks like I would have to do a bunch of alterations with the Thomspon suit.

Here's the suit, BAR III Extra Slim Navy Suit

the wife on her DB steez :lol:

Not really sure what this means but uh... thanks? :lol:

Debating on whether the 300$ for the hand made Sperrys is worth the 215$ price difference...Anybody seen these? Thoughts?

Thanks but I have to ask...

You don't wear dress shoes?...suits?...jeans?...sneakers?...I don't understand your comment.

Back
Top Bottom