Dressing Better Vol 2.0

I can't speak to the fit or quality but I saw American Eagle has 40% off and these camo shorts would only be $24:

AE Camo

I just ordered these I'll post pics when they come in

I have an Anorak very similar navy with red lining from the H&M x Marni collection, so the only thing I like there are the boat shoes, and maybe the white jeans, although slim fit will never fit me. 

What do you guys think would be a winner for this April competition? I think I'll go with a Suede Baseball Jacket, gingham shirt, cotton knit tie, light jeans/pants and some loafers.

I have an Anorak very similar navy with red lining from the H&M x Marni collection, so the only thing I like there are the boat shoes, and maybe the white jeans, although slim fit will never fit me. 
What do you guys think would be a winner for this April competition? I think I'll go with a Suede Baseball Jacket, gingham shirt, cotton knit tie, light jeans/pants and some loafers.

suede baseball jackets are ALWAYS a win man, they're one of my favorite types of jackets. I've posted this before, per the request of Wis

Last edited:
I'm still surprised that I haven't bought any new clothes this year :lol: though I got some sneakers that I haven't planned too :lol:

I'm still surprised that I haven't bought any new clothes this year :lol: though I got some sneakers that I haven't planned too :lol:

Nah, you're just redistributing your purchases from classic menswear to street wear :lol: .

I mentioned socks a few weeks ago. These are the newest pair I got. It's the painting of Van Goh's Starry Night. Can't wait to wear them with a suit and get crazy looks. :lol:

What are you guys thoughts on budget Euro fashion stores like Zara and H&M? I know cats use to bash H&M back in the day about how you cant wash it, I wont lie I found some good cheap stuff there, and I`m looking at Zara and the stuff is damn near same stuff as Givenchy for like 1/5 the price lol.

What are you guys thoughts on budget Euro fashion stores like Zara and H&M? I know cats use to bash H&M back in the day about how you cant wash it, I wont lie I found some good cheap stuff there, and I`m looking at Zara and the stuff is damn near same stuff as Givenchy for like 1/5 the price lol.
I love Zara because of their attention to the little details. Also, I find their quality to be better than H&M or Express. 

I've never tried Zara, but everything I've gotten from H&M is still in great condition....no complaints from me

I love Zara because of their attention to the little details. Also, I find their quality to be better than H&M or Express. 

Ima not into the whole euro illuminati givenchy stuff that's popular now but I did see some nice stuff from Zara, h&m I'd prob stick to Sale items.

quality can really be hit or miss. and i would never pay close to retail for anything from zara or h&m

Agreed. I find that H&M outerwear, specifically their Peacoats, are pretty good quality for the price. Warm too.

I don't own anything from them except for outwear because in anything else the larges are way too tight on me and x large is usually too tight as well or a certain part of the fit is off.

Nah, you're just redistributing your purchases from classic menswear to street wear :lol: .
I've been buying streetwear pieces since last year, ie the oversized balenciaga sweater and the Denim and Supply camo cardigan :lol: just not NTs definition of street wear.

Hit or miss. Theres some H&M items I would not get, mostly shirts, flannels, etc. Would not get their pants or jeans either. Their basics, also sometimes jackets and suiting can be nice.

After a desperate attempt to find a pair of slim fit chinos I end up getting some from H&M. I like them the serve their purpose. Scared to put them in the wash though. May have to try a light cycle and let them air dry.

i forget to mention, I really like H&M blazers. Don't own one but quality is decent and I'm pretty sure they're like $25

i forget to mention, I really like H&M blazers. Don't own one but quality is decent and I'm pretty sure they're like $25
i actually have a blazer from h&m with a retail price of $200. they have a 100% wool navy glen plaid blazer now with a retail price of $150 as well.

i actually have a blazer from h&m with a retail price of $200. they have a 100% wool navy glen plaid blazer now with a retail price of $150 as well.

Wow I had no idea. Seems kinda expensive for H&M but I'm sure it's nice. I just know that my local H&M has a rack of blazers and they're all $25

its definitely expensive for what it is which is why i would never pay anything close to retail. i rarely pay retail for anything really except my high end sneakers and accessories

Like everyone else said, it's hit or miss with H&M and to some extent, Zara too.

I haven't shopped at either in a while but I only really had quality issues with one shirt from H&M but that was a while ago...and it was cheap so I didn't look at it as a huge deal. You just have to be selective of what you buy from there. If you need a quick suit and you're on a budget, maybe (I wouldn't though) but realize it likely won't hold up long term and those with a discerning eye will be able to tell it's a cheap suit.

I got these v-necks from H&M for like $5 that were 100% cotton, super soft and a shallow v-neck...then everything went to d-bag deep v levels and I was sad, never saw them again. :frown:

Back
Top Bottom