Dressing Better Vol 2.0

I swear I saw a dude that looked exactly just like steezy doing promotions at the mall in Columbus circle :lol:

thats the Italian worsted wool ludlow bro, it was my first suit and a great investment, so versatile....I never really tried on the Thompson but i have a feeling the quality is on par with the express photographer, which you can pick up for probably half the prize, i have two photographer suits a black one and a seersucker, after some alterations, they are awesome specially for the price, let us know how the Thompson is.

I went to the J Crew Factory store last Thursday to try on the Thompson suits. The fit and cut of the 100% wool version they have on the site is great for the sub $200 asking price (after 50% discount, sale ended this weekend). I tried on the khaki chino one and was disappointed though. The shoulder pads were very substantial and did not fit as well as the wool version did, despite being the same "Thompson" cut.

Can't expect too much from a $130 suit though, I guess.

Last edited:
thats the Italian worsted wool ludlow bro, it was my first suit and a great investment, so versatile....I never really tried on the Thompson but i have a feeling the quality is on par with the express photographer, which you can pick up for probably half the prize, i have two photographer suits a black one and a seersucker, after some alterations, they are awesome specially for the price, let us know how the Thompson is.

btw this would be the photographer suit

decided i probably go black and white to the wedding instead of going all out spring with the khaki suit...lol

nice fit.

i ended up ordering 2 photographer suits after trying them on. good to know that others are happy with the product.

steezy, is your Ludlow a short ? or is it just my eyes messing with me

same suit 38R

crazy how many different colors it can look between environments

steezy, is your Ludlow a short ? or is it just my eyes messing with me

same suit 38R

crazy how many different colors it can look between environments

From this picture, the suit looks really good and fits you well. Kudos.

The principles embedded in this thread differ so much from the other section :lol: We don't care about matching, but rather coordination. Lots of others still try to match every single color on their sneakers with fitted caps, and I see socks now. There's even some dudes who clean the bottom of their shoes after wearing! That's pretty extreme. We take care of shoes and boots to the best degree we can, but things wear down and scuffs happen. I frankly think patina that forms is great. The sneaker culture is all about keeping everything super fresh. Not saying anyone is better than others, but the principles are pretty much as opposite as can be.

Last edited:
Yo I am usually a 32/32
You think 33/30 would be fine

What type of pants/denim?

Waist shouldn't be that bad if you wear with a belt, but the inseam/length can be bothersome depending on how you wear like to wear your pants/denim (cuffed vs. uncuffed).

Yeah all my suits are 38s I'm not too tall so I feel short is what suits me best :lol:

lol gotcha

agree on the versatility of it. can be dressed down with unbuttoned oxford or can be used as full fledge business suit as it is sharskin and very sheeny with flash

ksteezy nice suit up there. I wanted to get a black but went with the navy and grey.

Question for you guys. Im still learning about dressing better so as I was deciding on which suits to get from express, I was reading up on the opinions of the "black suit and when its appropriate. After reading opinions on a few sites and forums, what do you guys think? Seemed a lot of people said it was only for funerals and going out to events at night (such as a opera).

From this picture, the suit looks really good and fits you well. Kudos.

The principles embedded in this thread differ so much from the other section :lol: We don't care about matching, but rather coordination. Lots of others still try to match every single color on their sneakers with fitted caps, and I see socks now. There's even some dudes who clean the bottom of their shoes after wearing! That's pretty extreme. We take care of shoes and boots to the best degree we can, but things wear down and scuffs happen. I frankly think patina that forms is great. The sneaker culture is all about keeping everything super fresh. Not saying anyone is better than others, but the principles are pretty much as opposite as can be.

The matching in the sneaker culture has always been there and I'm not surprise it's getting crazier. The difference is that what we wear is classic and what we're wearing now will never be out of date, 6 months, 1 years or many years from now. Yea the width of the lapels may become slimmer or wider, or whatever is in trend at the moment but even then still within the "classic" realm. We all know here that a white or light blue dress shirt with a navy or gray suit, with a nice rep tie will never go out of style.

Yo I am usually a 32/32
You think 33/30 would be fine

as someone who just did this recently for these, get the 33/30 and you can let out the seams and give you an extra 1.5-2 inches. if you are a true 32/32, 30 length will be just a tad short as steezy said they aren't exactly "slim fitting". more so a straight leg fit. but well made and durable.

wj4, preciate it. no alterations made besides taking in the seat of trousers. Lucked out

ksteezy nice suit up there. I wanted to get a black but went with the navy and grey.

Question for you guys. Im still learning about dressing better so as I was deciding on which suits to get from express, I was reading up on the opinions of the "black suit and when its appropriate. After reading opinions on a few sites and forums, what do you guys think? Seemed a lot of people said it was only for funerals and going out to events at night (such as a opera).
I own the black photographer that Elkin has....I've literally only ever worn it to a wake when my friend passed. (It actually would be his birthday today. R.I.P. Frankie |I )

You made a great choice going with navy and grey suits. I think many of us in here are on the same page with the other sites regarding black suits. Granted, many people wouldn't really notice or care about the fact that the suit is black. I think it's good to own a black suit in the even of a formal event. Fit too, most people won't really notice how a suit fits unless it fits really well, most people are just "impressed" with the fact that someone is wearing a suit period, especially if they don't see them in suits usually.

Bass releasing pebble grain calf skin and burgundy and black shell cordovan Weejuns this October..These will be part of a "premium" line that will be made in the U.S.A..Calf skin will be $350 and Cordovan will be $650...

This was discussed extensively a month or so ago in this thread. The general consensus is that black suits are not nearly as versatile as navy or charcoal, both of which are good options for a first suit. Most people thought black should be saved for maybe a third or fourth suit.

EDIT: sarteaga0408 beat me to it. I agree with everything he said as well.

Last edited:
For graduation you could go with an white/light blue OCBD shirt, some light khaki colored slim chinos and some brown loafers (works even w/o socks). If you want you could maybe try a linen jacket/blazer on top of it since it'll breath a lot better in the heat...you'll still look put together but won't be as stuffy as you would be in a full suit...you don't even need a tie w/ that kind of outfit
rizzepped.

this elkin guy is like... on some fashion magazine steez everyday...

my pockets wouldn't be able to keep up brah...

seriously.. how many clothes do you have?

this elkin guy is like... on some fashion magazine steez everyday...

my pockets wouldn't be able to keep up brah...

seriously.. how many clothes do you have?

Part of dressing well is also having a well curated wardrobe. If you take a look at a lot of people's fits here a lot are basic staples of wardrobes. Dressing better isn't about spending a lot of money on clothing but making also what you already have be versatile and that fit can make a difference. I will tell you that when it comes to dress shirts, I do have more than I probably need but I like the variety.

TypeR I like that shirt, maatter of fact wore one similar today...lol....love the way you played off the yellow pants :pimp:

the wife on her DB steez :lol:

I like the color combo, but it looks like your jacket might be too short? Or is that the look you're going for?

I thought the bottom of your jacket is "supposed" to be where your knuckles are with your arms resting on the side.

Back
Top Bottom