Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Wow that's a great price for those. White GATs are the next thing on my list
Yoox has been good to me. My low GATs were bought at $220-240 a piece, all 3 of them.

My Lanvin highs were copped from Barneys for around $400.

I'd rather pay these prices for on sale luxury kicks than marked up Nikes and Jordans of inferior quality.

On another note, I'm still on my Nike rampage. Looking through eBay and I want to cop like 5 sneakers that I really wanted in elementary and middle school :lol: They're all bulky shoes, and I really wan tot rock them with my slim chinos/jeans, shirt and cardigan. It looks good in my head in an odd way.

finally got this suit, been wanting it before i even got my first suit...lol....but no way should this ever be anyones first or even second suit....anyways, thoughts on wearing this outfit to my boys wedding?....its in a tent on a gulf course in a couple of weeks....
Sick! As long as your boy is cool with you pairing up a suit w/ sneakers at his wedding, I don't see why not!

Wow that's a great price for those. White GATs are the next thing on my list
Yoox has been good to me. My low GATs were bought at $220-240 a piece, all 3 of them.

My Lanvin highs were copped from Barneys for around $400.

I'd rather pay these prices for on sale luxury kicks than marked up Nikes and Jordans of inferior quality.

On another note, I'm still on my Nike rampage. Looking through eBay and I want to cop like 5 sneakers that I really wanted in elementary and middle school :lol: They're all bulky shoes, and I really wan tot rock them with my slim chinos/jeans, shirt and cardigan. It looks good in my head in an odd way.

Agreed. $220-$240 is nothing for a pair of GATs. I'll keep my eye on Yoox for sure!

Today; two different outfits, was invited to the Dodger game last minute so I changed. Picked up the Stafford Prep navy blazer yesterday for $27.50 plus tax; wearing it in the post:

http://dressingbetterforless.blogspot.com/2013/03/two-different-outfits-for-today33013.html

I'd be down for a #NTDB NY Summit. If it's going down in 2013 I would assume that it'd be rather soon considering we all know how Wis handles cold temperatures :lol:

Definitely down for this.

You guys can link up in the winter time. I'll join via Skype or something. It's like 75 degrees today. Kinda regret wearing a flannel shirt to work :frown:

Going to miss this weather once I got back to NY. Wis sorry for not being able to meet up, doing a lot of my "planning" on the go.

Ohh I see, I am a big fan of camo also, word to my iPhone case :lol:

But not so big on digi more of a traditional fan, but I'm looking for a pair or shorts right now that aren't cargos.

Edit: just found some on Lands End for $25 :pimp:

JCP has some for $14, in a decent amount of colors.

Last edited:
what do you suggest bro?....go with dress shoes....kind of wanted to stick with sneakers considering the type of suit and the season...

Loafers, I just think sneakers with a suit to a wedding can look sloppy and I would definitely not wear the tie and I'd go with a lighter shirt as well.

Habit I guess....I don't always, but most of the time I stand fairly close to the camera with a wide lense so I lean a bit to fit the whole suit, that goes way back to when i had no tripod and would take pics using a fisheye lense...lol

ksteezy, love that suit/tie combo for a spring wedding...i would def wear something like that. white bucks with pants folded up cleanly rather than rolled up would be an option to consider.

Weddings are hard to dress up for cuz in the back of my mind I'm thinking, "I don't want to upstage the groom with my outfit." :lol:

finally got this suit, been wanting it before i even got my first suit...lol....but no way should this ever be anyones first or even second suit....anyways, thoughts on wearing this outfit to my boys wedding?....its in a tent on a gulf course in a couple of weeks....

Ditch the Purcells for a wedding, doesn't matter that it's a tent on a golf course IMO.

Light blue gingham shirt with that, as long as it doesn't clash with the tie. Gingham + chino suit = :pimp:

YEah Steezy that suit color and fit is awesome...I agree on maybe wearing some bucks with that in place of the purcells (pants roll is more personal taste I guess), and maybe a more basic colored shirt but everything else is great for a summer wedding imo :smokin

need help picking out a combination....

dont mind the wrinkles...will iron those out

SMH, US 12s are instantly sold out on sites like Mr. Porter.

I live about 10 mins from Barneys, so i'm always checking in. Sales are laughable here in Chicago.
I copped my Lanvin highs online. You gotta check often. I used to go online at random hours when I couldn't sleep just to see what's been added :lol:

Hey Steezy, info on the suit :nerd: is that J. Crew? I personally think a gingham shirt would def look nice with it (light blue or pink) maybe diff tie, or no tie. Sneakers/ pant roll are more personal taste. Really depends on the wedding/ groom. Basically I wouldn't want to be the only person in sneakers at the wedding.

Back
Top Bottom