Dressing Better Vol 2.0

picked up this joint today

alden suede monkstrap in aberdeen last.
itz rOLLi :wow: Whattup dude!

That's what keeping me from ordering it honestly. It's funny how the way we view visible branding changes as one gets older and one's style changes/grows up.
I think it's the perception of the brand too, Serg. Truth be told, if that logo was from Brooks Bros, I wouldn't have problems wearing it.

One of the best, if not the best, balmoral boots I've seen...big picture: http://cdn.styleforum.net/d/da/daea7a16_RubyBalBoot.jpeg

Also, man...you guys kinda got me back into sneakers :lol: I'm hunting down all of the pairs I wanted during middle school and never got. 2-3 more pairs and I should be done.

That's what keeping me from ordering it honestly. It's funny how the way we view visible branding changes as one gets older and one's style changes/grows up.
I think it's the perception of the brand too, Serg. Truth be told, if that logo was from Brooks Bros, I wouldn't have problems wearing it.

One of the best, if not the best, balmoral boots I've seen...big picture: http://cdn.styleforum.net/d/da/daea7a16_RubyBalBoot.jpeg

Also, man...you guys kinda got me back into sneakers :lol: I'm hunting down all of the pairs I wanted during middle school and never got. 2-3 more pairs and I should be done.
2-3 more my eye. It's official, you're back on the wagon man. Don't give us that "I can stop whenever I want" bs |I

2-3 more my eye. It's official, you're back on the wagon man. Don't give us that "I can stop whenever I want" bs |I
It all started on the Friday when we wore Nikes and you dudes told me to get more :lol:

I'm looking at the Grape 5s, those Taxi 12s in December, and some Nike Air something with the air bubble around the shoes that were priced at an absurd $160 in the 6th grade. Then I'm done! I seriously hope so...I can't be waiting in line in men's wear gear with the youngins copping kicks :smh:

It all started on the Friday when we wore Nikes and you dudes told me to get more :lol:

I'm looking at the Grape 5s, those Taxi 12s in December, and some Nike Air something with the air bubble around the shoes that were priced at an absurd $160 in the 6th grade. Then I'm done! I seriously hope so...I can't be waiting in line in men's wear gear with the youngins copping kicks :smh:
Hey, that was the other guys. I never said anything about scooping more kicks. That being said, why not just pay the premium and get an older version? Better quality and no lines. When I start making money, I'm definitely going to do what you are currently doing and pick some sneakers up that I always wanted growing up/have sold but I'm definitely gonna try and buy some older retros. 04 and back please and thank you :D

Hey, that was the other guys. I never said anything about scooping more kicks. That being said, why not just pay the premium and get an older version? Better quality and no lines. When I start making money, I'm definitely going to do what you are currently doing and pick some sneakers up that I always wanted growing up/have sold but I'm definitely gonna try and buy some older retros. 04 and back please and thank you :D
The thing with Nikes and Jordans is I refuse to pay over retail, dude. $5 or $10 over retail, sure...I'll just think of it as shipping cost. But paying $400 for Spacejam 11s??? No dice.

Also, I've had some bad experience with them indirectly. Back in the mid 2000s or so, a friend of mine saved his money for some deadstock OG Olympic 6s. He wore them like 2 times and they fell apart like he walked through acid rain.

I was just kidding about the lines...I'd never line up for kicks. The 13s were got via Mike, ATL connection :pimp: The 11s were from Finishline. I can't mess with some of the colorways out now though. Back a decade ago, folks would've thought they were variants :lol:

I'm only limiting my buys to the ones I really wanted as a kid...you know when you circled the pictures on the Eastbay magazines and looked for hours and hours :lol: When I wore those black toe 13s felt like the first time I had Jordans on my feet in the 9th grade :lol:

If I were to go back and get all of the kicks I thought were cool, I would relapse for sure :lol:

Last edited:
Weren't we all going to start wearing sneakers every Friday? Are we still going to do that? :nerd:
This is just an excuse for me to buy more casual sneakers...not good, not good at all lol

Personally i wouldn't even wear the Brooks Bros logo, just not feeling the whole wearing the brand out there thing. I think that's the great thing about menswear, that it becomes about fit and how you pair things up and not about the label.

I went into Footlocker for the first time today, saw the Easter Kobe VIII's and I'm just glad they only had a 10.5. I already know all I need is one sneaker purchase and I'm back on that wagon...:smh:

This is just an excuse for me to buy more casual sneakers...not good, not good at all lol
Personally i wouldn't even wear the Brooks Bros logo, just not feeling the whole wearing the brand out there thing. I think that's the great thing about menswear, that it becomes about fit and how you pair things up and not about the label.

I went into Footlocker for the first time today, saw the Easter Kobe VIII's and I'm just glad they only had a 10.5. I already know all I need is one sneaker purchase and I'm back on that wagon...:smh:
Those didn't sell out? I thought the Kobe was the first to go from the pack.

Back when I was in it, it was pretty much Js and selected Nikes. Now there are the Js, new Nikes from Lebron, Kobe, KD, etc, and retros. Too many ways to keep kids broke :lol:

Is camo overplayed? I think it's still possible to make it work.
We don't care about overplay in this thread. Yes, camo is getting heavy spin now and the last couple of years. I love the print and will continue to wear after the trend dies. The key is to define your own style.

I don't think so, but there definitely is a such thing as too much camo which I don't think people realize.

Happy Easter DB fam!
I'm wearing my Foams to the mall to hopefully take a picture with the Easter Bunny. I'm gonna be mad if they don't let me.

finally got this suit, been wanting it before i even got my first suit...lol....but no way should this ever be anyones first or even second suit....anyways, thoughts on wearing this outfit to my boys wedding?....its in a tent on a gulf course in a couple of weeks....

If you don't mind me asking, what's your height/weight, & what size did you order? I'm thinking about getting the navy one

I'm 5'8 currently @ 166lbs last time I weighe myself bro..

Ya ever had a pair of pants you wear 7 days a week?

Thanks man

I heard banana republic is having a 50% sale right now on their website if anyone's interested

Back
Top Bottom