Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Got this in my inbox this morning:

Cotton suit don't all have to be the thin-casual thing you imagine. There are different types of suits made of cotton that def don't look like they're cotton and keep warm. Take this blazers, both are made of cotton:

But I admit that a wool suit with light padding/lining can get you through all seasons.
While that's true, a cotton suit is usually used in warmer weather. That's why some older gents will say something like "put away the wools, and break out the cottons for spring". Most are unlined to make them breathable. Wrinkles is another thing I dislike on cotton jackets. You can steam after each wear, but that's too tedious for my taste. The drape also isn't that great, compared to more superlative wool/cashmere.

Nah, I sent an email today back and got a reply within the hour. It was from a gentleman named Vincenzo. I remember Adrian saying that same associate helped him with his orders in the past. What size are you Serg? I got sent the list for 10 & 11 (don't know why he didn't send 10.5) but I can forward it to you if that's in your size range.

I asked for the size 11 and 11.5 list, got neither. If you could please forward it to me that'd be great. My email is [email protected]

Forwarded. Let me know if it doesnt work.

Also, Serg, did your double monks from Meermin come in yet :nerd:

Last edited:
Can someone comment on how Charles Tyrwitt "extra slim" shirts fit?

I am just started out as my new job requires shirt and pants. I am by no means a slim dude (5'7 @ 170lbs), but the TM Lewin "slim" is still very big on me. I bought 16 x 32/33 for the TML.

Was hoping if anyone can give me some insight on CT since there's a living social deal at the moment.

Most of my shirts are S (Uniqlo, H&M, CK) and my waist size is 32 on 511s.

Thanks bros!

I am just started out as my new job requires shirt and pants. I am by no means a slim dude (5'7 @ 170lbs), but the TM Lewin "slim" is still very big on me. I bought 16 x 32/33 for the TML.

Was hoping if anyone can give me some insight on CT since there's a living social deal at the moment.

Thanks bros!
I'd think the extra slim fit would suit you well, I'm a big fan of CT especially for the price.

If you do the Living Social deal, take advantage of this too:
LivingSocial.com offers $5 off Orders of $15 or More when you apply promo code BESTOF at checkout. *Promo code must be redeemed between now and through the end of the day 3/28/13.

Just copped these. Like the style, fit, and most if all comfort. I just have NO idea how to Rick them. Any suggestions are welcome

Have a question for your DB brothas. I know that Levi's has an exchange policy for denim that naturally rips or whatever, but does Gap? I have a pair of the 69's that's tearing right around the crotch area. I've had them for a bit and they are starting to get the honeycomb and whiskers... Almost seems like they always tear from there.

I don't have one myself but the reviews here have been very favorable towards the Thompson suit.

Thanks for your replies, it definitely did help me make up my mind.

Got this in my inbox this morning:

Woke up to the same thing.. Nice to see more people using the Mailbox app by the way lol

Will definitely check out a factory store this weekend.. Can't beat that price on the Thompson suit.. Basically 2 for the price of one.. Hopefully they're aren't excluded

Thanks for your replies, it definitely did help me make up my mind.
Woke up to the same thing.. Nice to see more people using the Mailbox app by the way lol

Will definitely check out a factory store this weekend.. Can't beat that price on the Thompson suit.. Basically 2 for the price of one.. Hopefully they're aren't excluded

Last time I was at my local JCF they had a lot of Thompsons on the rack. I'm tempted to drive out there after work to check it out since the coupon says it starts today. The khaki chino and grey wool suits are calling me :lol:

Also, bugs aside, Mailbox is awesome. I deleted Sparrow as soon as I got in off the waitlist.

Have a question for your DB brothas. I know that Levi's has an exchange policy for denim that naturally rips or whatever, but does Gap? I have a pair of the 69's that's tearing right around the crotch area. I've had them for a bit and they are starting to get the honeycomb and whiskers... Almost seems like they always tear from there.
I don't think so. If I am wrong someone tell me. I have 3 pairs that I would trade. Looking at better denim now. Smh

Thanks bros!

CT and BB ESF is all I rock with, can't beat the bang for the buck you get with CT. Coming around the bend are Banana Republic Slim Stretch shirts, really like the feel and can't beat the price when you stack. Scooped a couple when they were marked down to $29.99 and there was a 30% on top of that, Came out to $20. Not bad for a decent shirt.

Back
Top Bottom