Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Because some of us spent a lot of time to build up the quality of the thread. For someone new to come in, and spit out facts like they're gurus is not quite common. We have observed a few trolls in the past that displayed similar behaviors. I'm sure a few eyebrows were/are raised among the regular contributors.
Never called myself a guru brother, was just sharing random facts in DB. I've remain humble so I kinda expected the same but seems 4 posters have ganged on me as if I'm trolling which I'm not. Just be respectful and you will get the same things back.

Navy trench looks awesome. I don't see the point in getting both colorways and for the price, I think you could find a nicer watch. Just my 2 cents.
Agreed. I'd get one trench and another watch. For around $2k I would look at an Omega. I've never been a fan of timepieces from fashion firms.

This. Get the navy trench and another watch. Check out http://www.jomashop.com/ for some watch ideas.

I love the watch though lol. But any recommendations? I don't like metal bands, only a Rolex, which I can't afford.
Bands are easily swappable. I still stand behind Omega at that price. May want to PM RFX too. I went thru his guy when I ponied up $7k or so for a watch.

Never called myself a guru brother, was just sharing random facts in DB. I've remain humble so I kinda expected the same but seems 4 posters have ganged on me as if I'm trolling which I'm not. Just be respectful and you will get the same things back.
However you came in with a holier than thou attitude. You spoke as if you represented the gents as a whole (this was when scars replied). You have suggestions without posting your own pics, which automatically raised the troll flag based on historical events on the thread.

Anyone up for a sneaker & Button challenge?

Seen it done on other forums and its great
Button? You mean an actual button down shirt with buttons buttoning down the collar or is that a loose term for dress shirt?

We already did a sneaker contest in which we wore outfits other than t shirt and jeans with them.

With that budget your can get a much better watch than a Burberry. Ask in the watch thread
I'd join or lurk a watch forum too before pulling the trigger.

sounds interesting, go on
nerd.gif
Wear a  color button down(casual or dress) + posters in this thread will decide the color(say we all vote to wear a  navy button down)

Then the sneakers must be of one style that is not dress shoes(again, posters in the thread vote for the sneaker style that  must be worn)

Its done for each week for a month

Example

Week 1

Button down(RED)

Sneakers Style( runners)

Then the next week we vote for a different color and sneaker style. Its not really a competition, just a interesting way to display how we mix/match our button downs with sneakers.

Last edited:
Ehhh I like our old challenges better. We have a lot more diversity in this thread than a button down and kicks. We should start that up again.

Bands are easily swappable. I still stand behind Omega at that price. May want to PM RFX too. I went thru his guy when I ponied up $7k or so for a watch.
However you came in with a holier than thou attitude. You spoke as if you represented the gents as a whole (this was when scars replied). You have suggestions without posting your own pics, which automatically raised the troll flag based on historical events on the thread.
Button? You mean an actual button down shirt with buttons buttoning down the collar or is that a loose term for dress shirt?

We already did a sneaker contest in which we wore outfits other than t shirt and jeans with them.
I'd join or lurk a watch forum too before pulling the trigger.
Most members here don't even post pics, only a select few. Non pic posters  still may ask advice, make suggestions and compliments. I'm still not to sure how you took my words for me displaying an elitist status, but that was not their purpose.  Maybe you misread my words as well like the other two pony guys.  Lets leave it alone and move on, lets keep the thread mature its all in good nature.

Ehhh I like our old challenges better. We have a lot more diversity in this thread than a button down and kicks. We should start that up again.
Yep. Noob's contest suggestion is way too pinpointed. It is best to keep the criteria broad. However, anyone can suggest the contest themes as long as someone partakes in it.

We will get it started again. We got sidetracked when we rallied for Elkin's win.

The thread has been mature and is self run now, which I'm really happy of. Trolling comment: assuming Adrian is a domesticated large :lol: not sure how that conclusion was reached since he only post pictures of himself and his friends and doesn't seem like he's overshadowing them in height or weight.

Yep. Noob's contest suggestion is way too pinpointed. It is best to keep the criteria broad. However, anyone can suggest the contest themes as long as someone partakes in it.

We will get it started again. We got sidetracked when we rallied for Elkin's win.

The thread has been mature and is self run now, which I'm really happy of. Trolling comment: assuming Adrian is a domesticated large
laugh.gif
not sure how that conclusion was reached since he only post pictures of himself and his friends and doesn't seem like he's overshadowing them in height or weight.
I compared him to others i know who are the same size as him and wear large. He took it wrong( I clearly stated I THOUGHT, not that HE WAS) and as a result I told him to domesticate himself which he has.

Sure it was just a suggestion, open to more ideas, just share, I'm sure we will come to one we can all be a part of(maybe sock week)

we did the that challenge already Noob...not a bad suggestion, but already been done...lol

if you are wondering i think Flyknits are one of the most versatile pair of kicks and i can see them being worn with a suit this summer, no socks, no tie, teeshirt and a matching pocket square. :smokin

can anyone suggests a good brand of jeans. I've never really been into the spend $$$$ for some jeans. But I recently lost weight and have had to get rid of my really big boy pants lol. I hit up the mall last night and found of bunch places that only sold slim or skinny fit jeans. WTF I've lost weight but not enough to feel comfortable in those.

we did the that challenge already Noob...not a bad suggestion, but already been done...lol

if you are wondering i think Flyknits are one of the most versatile pair of kicks and i can see them being worn with a suit this summer, no socks, no tie, teeshirt and a matching pocket square.
smokin.gif
Oh ok, guess i missed out.

I like flyknits, but  i think Roshe Runs are the summer go to kicks

with that said.....

RANDOM DRESSING BETTER FACTOID

RUNNERS WILL SEE A PRICE CHANGE AS ITS CROSSOVER APPEARANCE(SUCH AS US WHO DRESS BETTER) HAS LEAD TO LARGER SALES.

can anyone suggests a good brand of jeans. I've never really been into the spend $$$$ for some jeans. But I recently lost weight and have had to get rid of my really big boy pants lol. I hit up the mall last night and found of bunch places that only sold slim or skinny fit jeans. WTF I've lost weight but not enough to feel comfortable in those.
Since you recently lost weight, I'd play it safe with some Levis. Can never go wrong with them. Gap denim has improved as well, but I suggest going to the stores to try on the jeans.

You're WRONG. According to Noob Saiot, this thread needs more diversity and he's the crusader that will bring about this change. Damnit.

Reactions: wj4

Which stores did you go to? If you're not into spending $ for jeans, you can always end up getting a pair of Levis 501 (sold at pretty much every major department store)

Or just size up and wear a belt/spend a few bucks to get the waist taken in. I have big legs for someone with my waist size, and I usually need to go 1-3 sizes up when I buy jeans, depending on the cut

Last edited:
Sorry for wait lol was on train. But I was at urban outfitters and saw them and took to the cash register and lady said they had a online deal and they was $34 and clearly works in store as well.

Pics to show I'm telling truth
awesome come up bro. I regret passing on the iguanas during that zappos 50 dollar run. 

Back
Top Bottom