Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Why does it matter if he's serious or not? He's not insulting anyone or trolling other posters in this thread?
Because some of us spent a lot of time to build up the quality of the thread. For someone new to come in, and spit out facts like they're gurus is not quite common. We have observed a few trolls in the past that displayed similar behaviors. I'm sure a few eyebrows were/are raised among the regular contributors.

Speaking of trolls...whatever happened to that dude that said he was 5'10" and wore a 44L. We're still waiting on pics from him.

For all you athletic leg guys I would highly suggest buying pants that fit good on you thighs and hips and then having them tapered to your liking. Just got back 3 pairs of slacks and jeans that I had tapered and man they look awesome.

Speaking of trolls...whatever happened to that dude that said he was 5'10" and wore a 44L. We're still waiting on pics from him.

Was that Baiston Capse or w/e? I remember that dude specifically. He posted that wolf tee + skinny burgundy pants + foamposite outfit :lol: . I can't recall if he was the suit guy but do I definitely remember the gent swearing that all of our stuff was ill fitting and too tight and his grandfather taught him how to properly wear choppa suits.

^ Don't remember that conversation... but I'm 185+ and 6" and I'm a 42R, 44R in outerwear. I have large deltoids and broad shoulders too, no way this dude was a 44R unless he's wearing dat choppa suit

"Sueded out, quilted out" ToJ BCDR

Last edited:
For all you athletic leg guys I would highly suggest buying pants that fit good on you thighs and hips and then having them tapered to your liking. Just got back 3 pairs of slacks and jeans that I had tapered and man they look awesome.

Something I run into on a regular basis. I can never find good fitting pants off the rack. And I guess it puts me off that I would have to get something that sort of fits and spend more to get the waist taken in, hemmed and tapered.

I guess I have to get over that.

Was that Baiston Capse or w/e? I remember that dude specifically. He posted that wolf tee + skinny burgundy pants + foamposite outfit :lol: . I can't recall if he was the suit guy but do I definitely remember the gent swearing that all of our stuff was ill fitting and too tight and his grandfather taught him how to properly wear choppa suits.
I dont remember that specifically. But he was all like "my daddy and granddaddy taught me how to dress so I know everything about suits."

Just a heads up. Recently my brother gave me one of his jcrew factory shirts. He's a lot smaller than me but figured since this shirt fit big, it might work....the shirt was an XS. I just figured I'd post up the comparison between JCrew Factory: XS, S, and Slim S since I have them all in my closet now. For reference, mind you I'm 5'10 160-165 lbs. Here we go:
(excuse my faces)
XS

S

Slim S

Mind you, for my build I would never expect to ever slide on an XS for anything, but aside from the slight pulling on my shoulder, it seems to fit. My preference for all of these are slim smalls but just figured I'd post up if anyone needs a reference. Hope this is helpful to somebody.

Side note: I wear a Medium in T-Shirts and a 38R for jackets.

personally, i don't think i actually "fit" into a shirt if i can't button the top button which looks like you can't do comfortably on all three of these shirts. Granted, the top button won't be buttoned if worn casually, but to me it's just the principle of it.

Haven't tried the XS's top button but the other two button comfortably. Thanks for your insight though.

I have a question, which item would you choose? I'm buying 2 items, the leather from Burberry, and one of these. The watch is 1895, grey trench 1695, and blue trench 1295.

Navy trench looks awesome. I don't see the point in getting both colorways and for the price, I think you could find a nicer watch. Just my 2 cents.

Anyone know if it's possible to stack that 40% with the 30% at gap?

No. People either got the exclusive email with the 40% code + printout, or they got the code on the website for 30%.

Yeah, if you guys sign up for SlickDeals theres a poster in a thread for the GAP F&F by the name "Boxapizza" and another guy who will email you a fresh 40% off code for online since its one time use only, the in store is reusable I believe but I signed up yesterday and sent a pm with my email and he sent me the code with the quickness (like 30mins) Somehow they can generate a bunch of codes so they should still have em if you want one...copped those lived in chinos :smokin

And @Stillmatic, I'd go for the Navy or Grey trench personally (depending on which pants, suit colors etc you already have)...not really feelin that watch for the price though

Last edited:
Navy trench looks awesome. I don't see the point in getting both colorways and for the price, I think you could find a nicer watch. Just my 2 cents.
Agreed. I'd get one trench and another watch. For around $2k I would look at an Omega. I've never been a fan of timepieces from fashion firms.

^ Don't remember that conversation... but I'm 185+ and 6" and I'm a 42R, 44R in outerwear. I have large deltoids and broad shoulders too, no way this dude was a 44R unless he's wearing dat choppa suit

When I finally get a TOJ, def gonna be all leather...but this is clean AF

When I finally get a TOJ, def gonna be all leather...but this is clean AF

Same with me man. I can't wait to get my first DR (black lamb + silver zips).

Would really like to get a whiskey moto with silver zips too but that's not a priority right now, maybe that'll be my present to myself when I get my BA :lol:

For reference, mind you I'm 5'10 160-165 lbs.

Haven't tried the XS's top button but the other two button comfortably. Thanks for your insight though.

Really? so your neck size is like 14 - 14.5? for reference, i'm 5'7 150-155 lbs and my neck size is 15.5. no way i can button the top button a j.crew sz S. Although not everyone is built the same, but those are the average standard sizes for shirts in regards to neck sizes.

Thanks for the feedback! What other quality belts would you prefer?
I am not too knowledgable on belts, since it is not too much of a priority for me.  But I have seen others post here and elsewhere, handmade leather belts for $40 or less.  Maybe start by checking Etsy

But J crew has this one on sale for $45, and you could use 30% off code, made in US.  Not sure what color or style you are looking for

http://www.jcrew.com/mens_category/accessories/belts/PRDOVR~38855/38855.jsp

For reference, mind you I'm 5'10 160-165 lbs.

Really? so your neck size is like 14 - 14.5? for reference, i'm 5'7 150-155 lbs and my neck size is 15.5. no way i can button the top button a j.crew sz S. Although not everyone is built the same, but those are the average standard sizes for shirts in regards to neck sizes.
Actually yes, 14.5 fits fine. Though I don't own any shirts that are specific neck sizes, a few of my gap shirts have a 14-14.5" collars and they button up comfortably.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom