Dressing Better Vol 2.0

uhm.. black cordovan captoe boot modified last, brown calfskin short wing boot barrie last, color 8 cordovan norwegian split toe boot barrie last, tobacco rough out suede plain toe boot trubalance last, navy suede longwing barrie last, color 8 cordovan liesure handsewn moc van last, alpine grain longwing barrie last.
Complete the cordovan rainbow! I like the Norwegian boot! But the prices of Aldens now are so ridiculous.

nice collection indeed! so the circled shoe is called the tobacco rough out suede plain toe boot trubalance last? current or previous season? those are very nice! i've been looking for a black boot like this to replace the ones i don't wanna pay $1000+for!

these Ann Demeulemeester boots
Tobacco isn't black FYI. Last is the shape of the boot.

Best thread on NT. I've posted a few times but never really introduced myself. A short bio of myself, I'm 27, grew up in the Bay Area and now living in NYC, have a degree in Economics but back in school part time at FIT and on a path to be a buyer in the fashion industry. I hope to post more often here.

I was wondering if there's an "official" DB hashtag for IG/Twitter/Tumblr when you post your outfit or latest pickup, so we can all search that hashtag for some style inspiration.

Me and my pug, Louis, this past weekend.

nice fit! i dug this up kuz still looking for info on oxford shirts.....what brand is yours? also, i work in corp retail.....good luck to you at FIT! i went to FIDM post undergrad....

and thanks for the info wj4....they look black to me

Last edited:
@BLAZ3N

measurements:

Shoulders: 21.5
Chest: 42, pit to pit: 22
Midsection: 34.5
Waist: 35 (Which is weird because I wear a size 33 pant)
Front Length: 24
Sleeve Length: 25
Bicep: 15.5

6" 185

nice fit! i dug this up kuz still looking for info on oxford shirts.....what brand is yours? also, i work in corp retail.....good luck to you at FIT! i went to FIDM post undergrad....

and thanks for the info wj4....they look black to me
Another LA cat? How did you like FIDM?

I tried the Friends & Family coupon for Gap today in store, and it worked! Thanks for the hook up guys!

What do you think about J Crew belts? Are they good quality?

Just got my custom made monkstraps from mantorii. Not bad for the price I paid but I don't think I would pay retail for them. They fit a little looser than I hoped they would.

Looks good TypeR, love the socks

Would somebody mind reposting the GAP coupon? Can't find it :/

they only fit with thicker socks. i was hoping for something a little more snug to wear with thin or even no socks in the summer time. looks like these will have to be winter shoes.

I tried the Friends & Family coupon for Gap today in store, and it worked! Thanks for the hook up guys!

What do you think about J Crew belts? Are they good quality?

I have one and its pretty good. Nothing special, I wouldn't pay full price. Seems like there are a lot of quality belts out there for reasonable prices.

dope collection man...

todays fit
light wash denim shirts are cool, but to add more flare (or spunk) wear a colored shirt or perhaps a grey tee shirt. Not a fan of white on light denim. Shoes are trash imo, Too much with that sole. Pants are alright, wouldn't cuff them like that, but it seems to be the recent fade that has re surged.

dope collection man...

todays fit
light wash denim shirts are cool, but to add more flare (or spunk) wear a colored shirt or perhaps a grey tee shirt. Not a fan of white on light denim. Shoes are trash imo, Too much with that sole. Pants are alright, wouldn't cuff them like that, but it seems to be the recent fade that has re surged.

PS: Your twigs in the background are awesome, its small details like that make houses stand out.

RANDOM DRESS BETTER FACTOID

BESIDES ORVIS AND LL BEAN, CHECK MANY MORE OUTER LIFE STORES FOR GREAT CHINOS AND BUTTON DOWN SHIRTS.

they only fit with thicker socks. i was hoping for something a little more snug to wear with thin or even no socks in the summer time. looks like these will have to be winter shoes.
This is the downfall of lace less shoes. I go thru the same on my loafers and monks. Try to insert tongue pads, man. They help! I'll post link when I get home.

I don't think Elkin was asking for critique, but just posting to contribute. Would be great if you post your outfits too :smile:

Just a heads up. Recently my brother gave me one of his jcrew factory shirts. He's a lot smaller than me but figured since this shirt fit big, it might work....the shirt was an XS. I just figured I'd post up the comparison between JCrew Factory: XS, S, and Slim S since I have them all in my closet now. For reference, mind you I'm 5'10 160-165 lbs. Here we go:
(excuse my faces)
XS

S

Slim S

Mind you, for my build I would never expect to ever slide on an XS for anything, but aside from the slight pulling on my shoulder, it seems to fit. My preference for all of these are slim smalls but just figured I'd post up if anyone needs a reference. Hope this is helpful to somebody.

Side note: I wear a Medium in T-Shirts and a 38R for jackets.
Looks alright, but I would do the seated test for all the shirts. XS and S is still pretty small, I thought you were a large at least man

Back
Top Bottom