Dressing Better Vol 2.0

i need to start checking the thread on mobile, it moves so quickly.

lots of good stuff being posted.

hate to bring it back up but had to comment on the boat shoe thing. boat shoes are awesome, i went hard and copped mad pairs freshmen year of college to wear to the club and bar. to this day they are great bar/anything shoes, non slip soles, versatile look, they come in so many colors and textures, and they are fairly cheap. boat shoes :pimp:

I agree, man. I never knew how many people lurked in here, or how much this thread gets mentioned around in other threads until someone mentioned it. There's probably 15 or so regular posters, that's why the thread is like a brotherhood. Anyone can join as long as they respect others, and don't post nonsense.

NT in general seems so gloomy now, like duds need to keep the stone face at all times and can't laugh. I haven't seen this type of helpfulness in the thread since the early NT days where there were summits.

MAN THIS! other members of NT take shoots and are mad as if we are telling others how to dress when we are just giving advice from our perspectives as individuals that take our look more seriously then the average joe. it really arks me too cause im a cat that does it all. most of the time i am not "dressing better" i am looking like 95% of NT(just a lil better fitted) sneakers, jeans, white black tee, supreme lol. my thing is why hate on an educational thread? sorry for the rant but :smh:

oh and we gonna post old fits again soon? i went through my flickr and seen some stuff from like 2-3 years ago :rofl:.
post em up bruh :nerd:

got my pants back from the tailor today:

good call on the 7" guys :smokin

keep in mind, the last time I posted these pants was when I was figuring out if they were NYE appropriate:

pre-hem and taper

Pants look good, are you going to have jacket altered at all?  Side pic looks good but the front pic looks off with slimmer pants.  Maybe just the photo

Last edited:
How do those dockers alpha khakis fit?

I have a 32" waist and I'm pretty tall (6'2") and I just ordered em in a size 33x32.
I treated them like 511's and sized up one. They fit perfect. I think you should be good.

I am 6 foot about 180lbs i wear a 34x32 in 511s (fav jeans) i have alpha's in a 33x32. They fit my thighs tight but once you wear them a few times they break in very nicely. I also have a 34x32 pair that i got on sale for $20 and they fit fine too...just a little roomier in the wast obviously. But the 33 waist fits similar to 511 34 waist.

sup DB guys....i was wondering if anyone could offer some insight on nice quality short sleeve oxford shirts?? spring/summer is approaching and i wanted to start stocking up!
i'm not a regular here but i see no replies....try GAP shirts. i like them!

also my small contribution....i don't see much talk of GAP in here but F&F is next week.

thanks for the reply....i'll use this GAP F&F to check out their short sleeve oxford shirts! can anyone else recommend other brands? there are quite a few promos out there right now.....BR, Jcrew, ON

This dude in my class is wearing white socks with boat shoes smh
Mind your business bro. I guarantee if you ignored other peoples style, your own would look better. That dude is doing him. I know that sounds preaching , but with age you'll be full blown IGAF and you won't care about the other man. Same goes for dude checking out other dudes feet.

keep in mind, the last time I posted these pants was when I was figuring out if they were NYE appropriate:

pre-hem and taper

Pants look great Adrian, I'm thinking I need to get my two different suit pants tapered a bit but 7" is too slim for my hockey thighs and calves :lol: I'm gonna have to measure them but I think they're a bit over 8"

Gonna order some lived in khakis from that Gap sale, I've heard good things from some of the bros in here :smokin

How do those dockers alpha khakis fit?

I have a 32" waist and I'm pretty tall (6'2") and I just ordered em in a size 33x32.
I treated them like 511's and sized up one. They fit perfect. I think you should be good.
I am 6 foot about 180lbs i wear a 34x32 in 511s (fav jeans) i have alpha's in a 33x32. They fit my thighs tight but once you wear them a few times they break in very nicely. I also have a 34x32 pair that i got on sale for $20 and they fit fine too...just a little roomier in the wast obviously. But the 33 waist fits similar to 511 34 waist.
You're right!! I just checked my 511's they are 34x30. All this time I thought they were 33x30 lol smh

Pinoy, great fit on those pants. I need to stop procrastinating and get my suit to a tailor. Anyone have any experience with tailors in the South Florida area?

pre-hem and taper

Pants look great Adrian, I'm thinking I need to get my two different suit pants tapered a bit but 7" is too slim for my hockey thighs and calves :lol: I'm gonna have to measure them but I think they're a bit over 8"

Gonna order some lived in khakis from that Gap sale, I've heard good things from some of the bros in here :smokin

+1 on the pants looking good Adrian.

Lyon, I'm in the same boat with you in regard to the thighs and calves (pause). My latest Suit Supply suit came in and the tailor was aggressive with the tapering and they came in at 7" or maybe a tad over and joints were hugging my calves. Had to take them to my tailor to let it back out a bit.

thanks everybody.

oh and Lyon...I don't want to sound stereotypical or anything but I've noticed you say it before....hockey thighs bro?! :wow: aren't you black? :lol:

Looks good. A. Jacket looks fine too. Tailoring can become addicting :lol:

Do you ever rock anything off the rock anymore? After my first tailoring experience when I started dressing better, I literally can't do anything OTR anymore because there's always some small detail that bothers me and I know my tailor could fix it :lol: :smh: :smh:

Do you ever rock anything off the rock anymore? After my first tailoring experience when I started dressing better, I literally can't do anything OTR anymore because there's always some small detail that bothers me and I know my tailor could fix it :lol: :smh: :smh:

I completely understand where you're coming from on this one. The one thing I haven't gotten particular about and I should is my shirts, I think it's primarily because I want to learn how to dart my shirts myself and not pay every time I buy a shirt to get it fixed. With trousers I am ridiculous about it, anything OTR I always have to take a second look, from whether it is too long or if it needs to be tapered. I learned how to hem myself, which saves a lot of money, tapering trousers and darting shirts is next for me.

Back
Top Bottom