Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Nawwww. It wont fly for me in the streets.

Flip flops near the pool or at the beach only.

Never casually, for me.

:lol:

Last edited:
i rock flipflops, i like my feet.

:kanye shrug:

Nothing wrong with rocking them, but I don't think you understand the extent of their use down here in SoCal. People wear them all the time, movies, restaurants, bars, rain, cold, etc. Occasional use, run some errands real quick (It takes the same amount of time to put on Frees and Flyknits), yeah I get that, but there are some people that it is a fashion staple :smile:x).

I used to hate rocking sneakers sockless, but I'm guilty of rocking my Free's and Flyknits sockless when it's warm and I'm in a rush. So comfy :smokin

i rock flipflops, i like my feet.

:kanye shrug:

Nothing wrong with rocking them, but I don't think you understand the extent of their use down here in SoCal. People wear them all the time, movies, restaurants, bars, rain, cold, etc. Occasional use, run some errands real quick (It takes the same amount of time to put on Frees and Flyknits), yeah I get that, but there are some people that it is a fashion staple :smile:x).

I used to hate rocking sneakers sockless, but I'm guilty of rocking my Free's and Flyknits sockless when it's warm and I'm in a rush. So comfy :smokin

Add Vans and Roshes to that list of sneakers worn sockless.8)

Yeah a lot of SoCal people OD on the flip flops.

typical San Diego/OC outfit, 100% acceptable in any occasion, even if there's a hurricane outside :smh: :lol:

For me, on a hot @#$ day, nothing beats a Nike dri fit shirt, mesh shorts, and flip flops. To hell with being fashionable in that kind of weather :lol:

Last edited:
info on this jacket? :nerd:
Temple of Jawnz baseball jacket.

Yeah a lot of SoCal people OD on the flip flops.

typical San Diego/OC outfit, 100% acceptable in any occasion, even if there's a hurricane outside :smh: :lol:

For me, on a hot @#$ day, nothing beats a Nike dri fit shirt, mesh shorts, and flip flops. To hell with being fashionable in that kind of weather :lol:
Don't really see how this is different than say a t shirt and madras shorts with sockless loafers, which is my uniform in the hot valley weather :smile:

I would go with the 50 man, only because my measurements are a little bigger than yours and I was estimated at a 52. Have you asked Charly?

What color are you going with? There are so many great options I'm not sure what I want to do. :rolleyes

I'm torn between Navy/sand tan and black/black

I'm going with black/black, I do agree a lot of combos look amazing, very hard to choose.

Yeah I spoke to Charly, he recommended a 52 or a 50. Mind posting your measurements?

Chances are both will fit you nicely. I'm thinking the size 50 will be nice with just a t shirt, but not enough to layer under, while the 52 would be able to accommodate that. The con is it may be a bit loose with just a t shirt under.

This kind of jacket isn't supposed to be tight or fitted. It looks better loose.

UNKWN: quick, post a picture of Syhthese's baseball jacket :lol: It's pretty much the ideal fit.

Thats the thing, I only plan on wearing this jacket in the spring and early to mid Fall, so a T Shirt underneath is fine. I think I might do the 52, just because I feel like its safer to go relaxed then to size down and get screwed over trying to go slim lol

In general would you say that TOJ' jacket run slim?

boat shoes have been around for 75 years. probably qualifies them for one of the longest trends in history, second only to shirts with buttons

Will never happen. Light = spring/summer Dark=Fall/Winter
apparently sarcasm does not translate well over the internet. please provide more DB factoids soon

My dude TypeR going in :rofl: . But I agree, this is an extremely friendly thread and the mood really only drops when trolls enter with the intention to rustle jimmies.

Even though there has been a rise in boat shoes in SoCal the past couple summers, thank god, I don't mind. Flip Flops still rule, and honestly I find that annoying. 99% of Males and 50% of females have ugly *** feet, don't need to see your open toes in places that are not near a body of water.

When I hit the beach/pool and rock my flip flops, people usually tell me I should wear sandals more often 'cause my feet ain't bad. Can't do it, pet peeve, if I'm not near a body of water I'm not rocking flip flops. Boat shoes are very welcome, cover your damn feet.
It's funny that even the fashionistos dislike sandals. I wear them all the time in the summer to go run errands.

I know what you mean, my man. I just cut my nails and keep them trimmed routinely, but some of these guys....I'm at a lost for words. Like, how do you let your feet look like you did the marathon barefooted. I'm not a person with light stomach or anything. I've seen dead bodies and all, and actually like it. However, I was getting ice cream a while back and I saw this dude next to me in sandals...he crossed his leg, and I saw the toenails...they were Wolverine claws criss-crossed. Finished the ice cream, I did not.

:rofl: :rofl: . Yeah man, my feet are whatever but you'll never catch me in flip flops. Ever. I'm not a big swimmer so when I go to the beach or pool, I rarely get in so I usually just cop some driving loafers to rock. *Kanye Shrug*

along with shorts flip flops is something else I never wear. Only difference is I keep trying to find shorts that I like, but flip flops nope. Never liked them, never will wear them

Is that BB corporate sale still today? I have a corporate account, should I expect an email from them about the sale or what? Because I don't see anything.

Hate when I see dudes wearing sneakers to the beach though :smh: . If not flip-flop, than at least the sandals (the style of the Adidas, Nike, Jordan, etc).

I'm going with black/black, I do agree a lot of combos look amazing, very hard to choose.

Yeah I spoke to Charly, he recommended a 52 or a 50. Mind posting your measurements?
Thats the thing, I only plan on wearing this jacket in the spring and early to mid Fall, so a T Shirt underneath is fine. I think I might do the 52, just because I feel like its safer to go relaxed then to size down and get screwed over trying to go slim lol

In general would you say that TOJ' jacket run slim?
Yes.

It's funny that even the fashionistos dislike sandals. I wear them all the time in the summer to go run errands.

I know what you mean, my man. I just cut my nails and keep them trimmed routinely, but some of these guys....I'm at a lost for words. Like, how do you let your feet look like you did the marathon barefooted. I'm not a person with light stomach or anything. I've seen dead bodies and all, and actually like it. However, I was getting ice cream a while back and I saw this dude next to me in sandals...he crossed his leg, and I saw the toenails...they were Wolverine claws criss-crossed. Finished the ice cream, I did not.

Ummm.... ?????

Ummm.... ?????
Haha. This was when I was pre-med. I went to a local morgue on a tour too. Upon going downstairs, the stench was pretty rancid, people started throwing up. I thought it was interesting to see the real stuff other than reading about it.

Brooks Brothers 30% corp discount is today (3/14 ONLY)

Their non-iron ESF shirts come out to $52 a piece. Free 2-day shipping if you have shoprunner as well :smokin

how do we access it? I have a corporate account.

I ordered the shirts online @ 3 for $225.

Called customer service and asked them to apply the 30% off corp discount. They applied it with no questions asked.
They will ask for your Corp # and Order #

$52.50 per shirt.

Last edited:
i need to start checking the thread on mobile, it moves so quickly.

lots of good stuff being posted.

hate to bring it back up but had to comment on the boat shoe thing. boat shoes are awesome, i went hard and copped mad pairs freshmen year of college to wear to the club and bar. to this day they are great bar/anything shoes, non slip soles, versatile look, they come in so many colors and textures, and they are fairly cheap. boat shoes :pimp:

I agree, man. I never knew how many people lurked in here, or how much this thread gets mentioned around in other threads until someone mentioned it. There's probably 15 or so regular posters, that's why the thread is like a brotherhood. Anyone can join as long as they respect others, and don't post nonsense.

NT in general seems so gloomy now, like duds need to keep the stone face at all times and can't laugh. I haven't seen this type of helpfulness in the thread since the early NT days where there were summits.

MAN THIS! other members of NT take shoots and are mad as if we are telling others how to dress when we are just giving advice from our perspectives as individuals that take our look more seriously then the average joe. it really arks me too cause im a cat that does it all. most of the time i am not "dressing better" i am looking like 95% of NT(just a lil better fitted) sneakers, jeans, white black tee, supreme lol. my thing is why hate on an educational thread? sorry for the rant but :smh:

oh and we gonna post old fits again soon? i went through my flickr and seen some stuff from like 2-3 years ago :rofl:.

Back
Top Bottom