Dressing Better Vol 2.0

What's up fam, tryna get my fall wardrobe ready, just copped some desert boots, now I'm looking at these. What do y'all think? For $90, I think the quality is good enough, unless you all know something better for a similar price. 

I like those. If its your first time with the style, i say go for it. Im not a boot guy and was looking for the something same. I copped just to see if i like the style. I dont plan to give them much wear and if i do and they wear out, ill upgrade. I spent top dollar on kicks just to find out they really arent for me and its hard to return worn kicks.

Those look pretty good. I bought the H&M pair for $100 to see if I'd like the style like thenewjs23 thenewjs23 said above and feel like I got my moneys worth. They're still kicking too.

Don't listen to the other cats. Some people in here will only buy something if they deem the quality worthy of price. You won't find a better looking chelsea boot than that for that price. If you like them I say go for it. Not every purchase has to be for longevity or an A+ quality product. It's a shame that some people in here can get too preachy on quality and it ends up being everyone in the thread buying the same exact thing because it has been DB approved.

Let me kick da real ness

I was over da fence regarding Chelsea boots due to my frame. I'm not exactly a Hedi Slimane type model.

I kept telling a few heads of my interest. My best advice is look at your wardrobe and ask yourself will it fit into my look.

I eventually pulled the trigger on the SEF Chelsea because it was the most conservative for me.

I like the look of the SLP boots but I know for my look it ain't for me.

Whatever you guys try make sure you're comfortable with it on.

Happy stylin fellas

It sounds like you just want opinions on how they look or suggestions for something similar around that price point?  I think people on here should be willing to weigh in on appearance without needing to know the brand.  It's easy to suggest other chelsea boots that are 3x the price but that's not "similar".  I guarantee if you said they were a known brand, those opinions would be different but it's easily dismissed because of the brand.

Sure there are better options out there if you're willing to spend more but if they fit into what you're looking for and don't want to spend $250+, go for them.  Some people will claim Chelsea boots are timeless but most only started wearing them in 2015 :lol:   That doesn't change the fact that they're trendy right now and in a couple seasons people likely won't be wearing them heavily like they are now, even if they want to convince you otherwise.

If you don't have the funds or just don't feel it's justified to spend more, those look good enough.  Don't let people on here try to convince you it's necessary to spend more if they can't give you suggestions at a comparable price.  Buy what fits your needs and if your purpose is to wear them occasionally for a couple seasons, don't overspend to satisfy anyone else.  The silhouette looks better than the $800 Bottega Veneta chelseas people go crazy over just because Kanye wore them.

The realness :pimp:

Any suggestions on a varsity jacket? Not rally sure on the market so I'm guessing $250 is a decent max?

Any suggestions on a varsity jacket? Not rally sure on the market so I'm guessing $250 is a decent max?

SLP there are no other alternatives

As a matter of fact, they're not in and Kanye didn't wear them. Cop a homeless man parka instead

It sounds like you just want opinions on how they look or suggestions for something similar around that price point?  I think people on here should be willing to weigh in on appearance without needing to know the brand.  It's easy to suggest other chelsea boots that are 3x the price but that's not "similar".  I guarantee if you said they were a known brand, those opinions would be different but it's easily dismissed because of the brand.

Sure there are better options out there if you're willing to spend more but if they fit into what you're looking for and don't want to spend $250+, go for them.  Some people will claim Chelsea boots are timeless but most only started wearing them in 2015 
laugh.gif
  That doesn't change the fact that they're trendy right now and in a couple seasons people likely won't be wearing them heavily like they are now, even if they want to convince you otherwise.

If you don't have the funds or just don't feel it's justified to spend more, those look good enough.  Don't let people on here try to convince you it's necessary to spend more if they can't give you suggestions at a comparable price.  Buy what fits your needs and if your purpose is to wear them occasionally for a couple seasons, don't overspend to satisfy anyone else.  The silhouette looks better than the $800 Bottega Veneta chelseas people go crazy over just because Kanye wore them.
Those look pretty good. I bought the H&M pair for $100 to see if I'd like the style like @thenewjs23 said above and feel like I got my moneys worth. They're still kicking too.

Don't listen to the other cats. Some people in here will only buy something if they deem the quality worthy of price. You won't find a better looking chelsea boot than that for that price. If you like them I say go for it. Not every purchase has to be for longevity or an A+ quality product. It's a shame that some people in here can get too preachy on quality and it ends up being everyone in the thread buying the same exact thing because it has been DB approved.
Appreciate the both of you, as well as the others. I think I'm about to go ahead and get them, $90 is my price point right now 
laugh.gif
. Besides, homecoming is next week and I have to get some new outfits to get ready for it, have to stay fresh at all times, never know who may show up 
laugh.gif

I'm also on the hunt for some skinny fit brown khakis. Normally I'd go with AE but I don't know about the price, although some of you would scoff at me calling $60 for some khakis expensive. I'm just tryna find a good deal, hopefully by Wednesday.

Fam, don't ever let the price fool you. We like quality stuff whether it's from Walmart/Kmart(I remember when everybody in this thread was trying to get their hands on some items) or whether you have to pay.

We like a bargain like the next man.

Uniqlo is now my new favorite store thanks for the ppl in this thread.

Check them out.

Fam, don't ever let the price fool you. We like quality stuff whether it's from Walmart/Kmart(I remember when everybody in this thread was trying to get their hands on some items) or whether you have to pay.

We like a bargain like the next man.

Uniqlo is now my new favorite store thanks for the ppl in this thread.

Check them out.
quoted for truth.

don't price yourself out.

a lot of folks cop some expensive gear but are left eating air sandwiches for a month

not a fan at all.

better off saving up and spending $200-250 on better quality joints (story et fall, meermin, loake)
If his budget is $90, how does it make sense to recommend something for $250 instead? I could understand recommending something for $20-30 more but come on :lol: I don't think there's a single person here who hasn't looked for shoes in that price range in the past, especially in college/right out of college.

Last edited:
not a fan at all.

better off saving up and spending $200-250 on better quality joints (story et fall, meermin, loake)
If his budget is $90, how does it make sense to recommend something for $250 instead? I could understand recommending something for $20-30 more but come on :lol: I don't think there's a single person here who hasn't looked for shoes in that price range in the past, especially in college/right out of college.
The issue is that at that price point, you are just better off avoiding a chelsea altogether. The reason I'm recommending those other brands is that they are the best quality at the lowest price point for that style of boot.

Obviously, I can be ignored though. :lol:

The issue is that at that price point, you are just better off avoiding a chelsea altogether. The reason I'm recommending those other brands is that they are the best quality at the lowest price point for that style of boot.

Obviously, I can be ignored though. :lol:

So if you don't have money, you shouldn't dress the way you want to. :smh:

Last edited:
Another option would be to also put off buying until you save up a little more cash.

Kinda reminds me of the laptop threads where someone says they have a $500 budget and people telling him to buy a macbook when that money couldn't even buy half a macbook.

I posted some Golden Bear at great prices couple pages back. You can get a decent quality on sale for around $250. That's how I got my Shipley and Halmos a couple years back.

Back
Top Bottom