Dressing Better Vol 2.0

This is probably the best deal aside from fast fashion brands for distressed denim. On sale for $50 at UO. They are Levis. The rips are nice too. Not too much.

Last edited:
IG, nice boots.

I have a pair of brown Chelsea coming in tomorrow.

What's your IG bro?

Falcon Garments does currently have red lambskin.

Pricing

Prices are is USD.

Lambskin (black/brown)
Stock sizes: $830
MTM: additional $40

Lambskin (walnut, olive, navy, sand, dark wine, blood red, bright royal, whiskey)
Stock sizes: $920

Calfskin (black/brown)
Stock sizes: $870

Calfskin (colors TBD pending availability)
Stock sizes: $900

Goatskin (black/brown)
Stock sizes: $850

Lamb Suede (coming soon)
Stock sizes: TBD

Calf Suede (coming soon)
Stock sizes: TBD

Varsity
Stock sizes: $450

Just heard back from Falcon Garments and they don't currently have striped ribbing on the varsity. And that's really what I want - in a black/white colorway like the ones I posted earlier. Oh welp...

anyone have any good suggestions on some affordable down jackets ? may be looking at some parkas but open to suggestions. $500 or less please. currently considering penfield as it falls into the price point, just need to find a store that carries it so that i can check them out in person.

something warm, but has some style to it and ain't super bulky.

Last edited:
looking for quality sweaters. I might just resort to JCrew but looking for good alternatives around the same price point. What's the word?

anyone have any good suggestions on some affordable down jackets ? may be looking at some parkas but open to suggestions. $500 or less please. currently considering penfield as it falls into the price point, just need to find a store that carries it so that i can check them out in person.

something warm, but has some style to it and ain't super bulky.
you can find Canada Goose jackets on grailed/ebay for that price range <$500. You can go to a Century 21 and find some Penfields for about $100-150. Got mine last year for about $100.

What's up fam, tryna get my fall wardrobe ready, just copped some desert boots, now I'm looking at these. What do y'all think? For $90, I think the quality is good enough, unless you all know something better for a similar price. 

looking for quality sweaters. I might just resort to JCrew but looking for good alternatives around the same price point. What's the word?
Make sure they're 100% wool. Good sweaters are staple pieces. J. Crew joints are only good on deep discounts. They pill and don't last that long.

What's up fam, tryna get my fall wardrobe ready, just copped some desert boots, now I'm looking at these. What do y'all think? For $90, I think the quality is good enough, unless you all know something better for a similar price. 
You gotta give us more info, fam.

Brand?

not a fan at all.

better off saving up and spending $200-250 on better quality joints (story et fall, meermin, loake)

@wj4
-- thoughts on the new updated JCrew denim line? I heard good things, but wanted to get your insight (prices jumped too).

I actually copped some of the new denim with my employee discount. They are okay. I still prefer my RRLs (but thats obviously a different price point). TBH I genuinely feel like Gap has better washes. J Crew is charging a lot for non-selvedge denim. The cuts are much better and I'm glad they updated the washes, but I would still look elsewhere at 125.

I actually copped some of the new denim with my employee discount. They are okay. I still prefer my RRLs (but thats obviously a different price point). TBH I genuinely feel like Gap has better washes. J Crew is charging a lot for non-selvedge denim. The cuts are much better and I'm glad they updated the washes, but I would still look elsewhere at 125.
At $125, it's reaching Naked and Famous range.

Speaking of which...Stacked Guy on Epaulet kicks today.

It sounds like you just want opinions on how they look or suggestions for something similar around that price point?  I think people on here should be willing to weigh in on appearance without needing to know the brand.  It's easy to suggest other chelsea boots that are 3x the price but that's not "similar".  I guarantee if you said they were a known brand, those opinions would be different but it's easily dismissed because of the brand.

Sure there are better options out there if you're willing to spend more but if they fit into what you're looking for and don't want to spend $250+, go for them.  Some people will claim Chelsea boots are timeless but most only started wearing them in 2015 
laugh.gif
  That doesn't change the fact that they're trendy right now and in a couple seasons people likely won't be wearing them heavily like they are now, even if they want to convince you otherwise.

If you don't have the funds or just don't feel it's justified to spend more, those look good enough.  Don't let people on here try to convince you it's necessary to spend more if they can't give you suggestions at a comparable price.  Buy what fits your needs and if your purpose is to wear them occasionally for a couple seasons, don't overspend to satisfy anyone else.  The silhouette looks better than the $800 Bottega Veneta chelseas people go crazy over just because Kanye wore them.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom