Dressing Better Vol 2.0

So consensus is Alpha Industries with the best MA-1? JE stuff particularly the jackets are a bit overpriced imo. I own a hooded villain too.
No way. It's a cheap jacket that has functional features (keeping pilots warm).

NLST has a dope MA1. I would've kept the one I bought but they didn't have a medium, small was too cropped. Everything on it was perfect to me, the length of the collar, the sheen on the olive color, the quality of the zipper, etc.

Our Legacy's is nice too, but the collar is a bit too thin for my taste:

And of course, the infamous TOJ MA1 in wool suiting and leather. Just gotta wait for this guy to get the ball rolling. Green suiting wool sounds super dope to me, may have to email him.

Looking for a decently priced peacoat, any recommendations?
Or a top coat, can't do overcoats too short.

Last edited:
Guys I'm looking for a 60/40 blend shirt similar to the JE x Gap grey t shirt

Any recs would be appreciated. I needs light weight option for the Pholippines this April

100-200? I have no idea what these things cost to be real with you
That's fast fashion price. I would personally spend more on a quality piece since it's a staple item.

One of the most underrated pieces from TOJ and my fav. I got it back in 2011 and still going strong.

Last edited:
Any of you NYC boys attending these fashion week events?

Ended up going to the Givenchy after party on Friday in lower Manhattan and the Alexander Wang show and after party at Pier 94 last night. I wore converse kicks and Zara jeans to both days cause of the way my bank account is set up and all :smh: ... But on a real note, it'd be cool to chop it up with any of you if you are at these events. Most likely gonna be at Marc Jacobs on Friday.

Any of you NYC boys attending these fashion week events?

Ended up going to the Givenchy after party on Friday in lower Manhattan and the Alexander Wang show and after party at Pier 94 last night. I wore converse kicks and Zara jeans to both days cause of the way my bank account is set up and all :smh: ... But on a real note, it'd be cool to chop it up with any of you if you are at these events. Most likely gonna be at Marc Jacobs on Friday.
Anyone can just go to these parties? The only cat around there that I know may go works for NAP. I thought you gotta be an insider or a blogger at least to get in.

I'm chilling at Barnes and Noble and came across this. This could be a modern Dior ad. Razor sharp tailoring.

Last edited:
That reminds me, I'm looking for a cheap blazer in navy, olive, or burgundy. You guys seen anything at fast fashion spots?

Blazers in navy and gray will always be around at fast fashion places.

A lot of us always encourage to buy off season so you can save mad bread. Now is the wrong time to cop f/w gear unless it's something you love or don't mind paying retail.

Went to PacSun. Store opened 25 mins late. Talked to dude, looked super baked. Had no idea when I asked for the Alpha Industries MA1. Looked around the store and couldn't find them.

Went to UO. The store didn't have them. They did have the Alpha Industries Fishtail jacket in size L and XL. Tried L on for kicks and surprisingly it fit nicely albeit sleeves were too long. Medium would've been dead on. Small wouldn't fit for sure.

Talked to worker. She said the MA1 runs short and advised sizing up. May end up copping both since you can return in store. Oh and if you have them order in store they can expedite shipping for free. Just FYI.

Yeah that's was worries me. I'll try to speak with their customer service and see if they have any recommendations for sizing.
Our feet are all different man. Just look at the various how do these Jordans fit threads or even on here trying to size SEF joints. What are you going to ask them? I'm a size 10 in Nikes, can you help me with these? :lol:

Our feet are all different man. Just look at the various how do these Jordans fit threads or even on here trying to size SEF joints. What are you going to ask them? I'm a size 10 in Nikes, can you help me with these? :lol:
Hahahaha yeah I'm being optimistic. Maybe they'll make an exception if I say that I'm not sure about sizing, is there any way they can waive the final sale clause. If not I just won't buy them :lol:

Last edited:
I'm not trying to be a jerk but unless you're a regular buyer I doubt they'll do anything for you for a $200 sale. Gilt's avg male consumer makes 6 figure income. I haven't used Gilt in a couple years but their customer service has always been good to me when I rocked with them heavy.

Back
Top Bottom