Dressing Better Vol 2.0

For real though. I don't remember them being so poor in the past. Shame because there really isn't many nice shoe options when it comes to American shoemakers. All I can think of are AE and Alden and both are overpriced imo. Still getting a pair of Indy boots one of these days though

I may have to look into that MIA trip. I'll be coming back from SF mid October with my gf and wouldn't mind a fellas trip.

What are some alternatives to the AE Randolphs? I was thinking about just purchasing from shoebank since they are around $250+. I wouldn't mind paying a little more if the quality is better. Meermin only have the chestnut and black in a similar style. Looking for dark brown and burgundy as well.

Last edited:
Anyone know of any good come up sales for this holiday weekend? I see Jcrew has 30% off but i feel like that offer is always out there,... I gotta re up for fall as i donated around 8 bags of clothes to goodwill. 

Lol, wouldn't say I'm ditching AE. Never had that many pairs to begin with and only shoe I really wanted were the Daltons and now I have them.

These were pretty much the same price as AE shoes too. AE needs to run better sales and I'll be all over it.

Pretty sure I'm going to hit with customs charges. Do they send an invoice in the mail or something?
I got charged when I chose FedEx shipping from Skoak.  FedEx sent a bill couple weeks later.  I always try to choose postal shipping now.

Miami in November
nerd.gif

Miami in November :nerd:
Anyone can roll if they want to. :smile:

The plan isn't fully set yet. I just got my time off approved days ago so need to research on what to do and where.

It's going to be a lowkey trip for sure. I was kidding about Adrian copping a table at Liv. It's doubtful anyone will drop real bread on this trip. That'll be better off for the Europe trip next year.

Some of us just have a lot of paid time off to use. Plan is to break bread, take pics, drink, eat dope food, turnt up to rathet music, etc.

Elaborate. I was going to drive around. Any spots you recommend?

Stop it 5, I've been to Miami plenty times, even drove down from NY once, having a car is clutch but driving in actual south beach is a headache....so you boys do yourselves a favor and fork out the extra cash and stay in one of the bigger hotels, LIV, EdenRock or Lowes which is actually on South Beach...the experience in Miami is strongly based on where you stay...those boutique hotels are cool for dudes but I'm not about that no AC life in humid *** Miami....north Miami towards LIV is a nicer quieter beach, South Beach where the Lowes is I guess is where the action is, make sure you boys hit up Nikki beach as well, deeeeeep south on SB.

Miami in November
nerd.gif
Anyone can roll if they want to.
smile.gif

The plan isn't fully set yet. I just got my time off approved days ago so need to research on what to do and where.

It's going to be a lowkey trip for sure. I was kidding about Adrian copping a table at Liv. It's doubtful anyone will drop real bread on this trip. That'll be better off for the Europe trip next year.

Some of us just have a lot of paid time off to use. Plan is to break bread, take pics, drink, eat dope food, turnt up to rathet music, etc.
I already live here lol I got a few trips planned in November but if I'm free, I'm down to meetup

Elaborate. I was going to drive around. Any spots you recommend?
Stop it 5, I've been to Miami plenty times, even drove down from NY once, having a car is clutch but driving in actual south beach is a headache....so you boys do yourselves a favor and fork out the extra cash and stay in one of the bigger hotels, LIV, EdenRock or Lowes which is actually on South Beach...the experience in Miami is strongly based on where you stay...those boutique hotels are cool for dudes but I'm not about that no AC life in humid *** Miami....north Miami towards LIV is a nicer quieter beach, South Beach where the Lowes is I guess is where the action is, make sure you boys hit up Nikki beach as well, deeeeeep south on SB.
This. However you don't have to stay in one of the bigger hotels. Just stay anywhere in South Beach, you'll be an uber away from LIV, Story, etc.

And yes it is humid as hell here lol

Just realized I referred to the FT Blue as LIV....lmaooooo

Anyways...yeah I loved EdenRock and I think it was just 280$ a night....well worth it....awesome pools and on the beach.

I already live here lol I got a few trips planned in November but if I'm free, I'm down to meetup

This. However you don't have to stay in one of the bigger hotels. Just stay anywhere in South Beach, you'll be an uber away from LIV, Story, etc.

And yes it is humid as hell here lol
Liv too baller for the group. Any other recommendations? :lol:

laugh.gif
 I feel you

Broken Shaker (more chill vibe), Clevelander, Bodega (take tequila shots with the bouncer before you enter lol), and Radio are some of the bars I frequent when I'm down there. I think Clevelander has a cover

All my friends seem to love Purdy lounge but I've never been

If anyone is trying to budget in Miami and doesn't need a 5 star hotel, if you're not finding anything decent on Ocean Dr, you'd be fine staying on Collins or even Washington.  The beach is still just a few blocks away and you're closer to a higher volume of clubs, restaurants, shops.  I personally would stay below like 17th St.

There are plenty of decent boutique hotels that have AC throughout South Beach, that's a foolish comment.  Liv isn't a hotel BTW, it's a club at the Fontainebleau.  Very nice but you're better off taking a cab there for the night and staying elsewhere.  Also, be prepared for a bunch of dudes to wait in lines so either meet a group of girls to go with or plan on getting a table and easily dropping $1000+ for a small group for the night, either way bouncers aren't anxious to let a bunch of ***** in.  If you're up for spending money, then of course go for one of the nicer hotels but it doesn't sound like that's what you're trying to do.  Loews is nice, Eden Roc is near Liv/the Fontainebleau but there are hundreds of hotels, big & small, expensive and not so expensive to choose from.  You're going there to have fun?  Stay in South Beach somewhere decent and worry about spending on food and when you're out.  As mentioned, Liv, Sky Bar/Shore Club, Nikki Beach, 

I've been to Miami a lot and have done the cheaper route, bachelor parties where we DGAF or multiple times where we didn't have a budget.  Both are fun.

Miami in November
nerd.gif
Anyone can roll if they want to.
smile.gif

what dates in NOV? 

it would be cool to get out and meet people who are into the same things - 

Back
Top Bottom