Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Aldens are now highly overpriced. Reason why I sold all my pairs sans shells. Much better options across the pond from the aforementioned brands.

Never heard about the wood theory before. Not even sure how you would bend your shoes with pieces of wood on.

Alternatives?

So these are considered mid tier? Are they high quality? Better than the j crew Alden's I posted?

http://www.cheaney.co.uk/mens-shoe/151/cheaney-harry-in-espresso-brown-tassel-loafers#

Also, I wear a size 9 allen edmonds, how would I size here?
You need to do your homework. What last are you a size 9 for AE in? Cheaney is a very underrated brand. Here's a pic of my Highgrove suedes.

Last edited:
I wouldn't pay $500 for AEs even if they're shell. I had 4 pairs throughout the years and I thought quality to price was ok at best.

I would rather get calf Carmina at $500 like Adrian stated.

What do you guys think about a navy suit with a grey vest? What color tie would you wear? Would any of you have a photo of this?

Also, if I wear a grey vest with a grey suit would i be better off with a darker grey vest or one that matches?

Also, if I wear a grey vest with a grey suit would i be better off with a darker grey vest or one that matches?
I would personally only wear matching colors when it comes to a suit. I'm not a big vest guy though, so I may be a bit biased. 

Are you really talking about a vest as in sweater vest or waist coat?

I would definitely do a different hue if the former. If the latter, it's going to be horrible because it will look like you're trying to piece together a 3 piece suit yourself.

thought some of you on here would appreciate this. shared by RFX on sf: "35% off code for barneys.com: 888552242"

works on everything and on things from barneyswarehouse as well

edit: code was deactivated 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
thought some of you on here would appreciate this. shared by RFX on sf: "35% off code for barneys.com: 888552242"

works on everything and on things from barneyswarehouse as well

edit: code was deactivated :lol:  

I was about to ask "does it go into the promo code section?" because it was saying "invalid" :lol:

prices were valid this morning. I had 3k worth of crap in my cart that I was just contemplating on lol

likely would return the haul but still... :lol:

yeah most orders were cancelled 
laugh.gif
 shouldve thought of this earlier, but price matching wouldve been clutch. knew barneys would cancel anyways

Last edited:
Any leads on a slim fit royal blue suit? Only ones I have seen so far are from YSL and Hugo Boss...

anybody actually possess the skills to alter their own clothes? if so, did you simply start with a sewing machine and go from there and experiment?

Honestly I started talking the survey but got stuck because I hated all of the restaurant names and couldn't pick one I liked the best.

Back
Top Bottom